Winter's Embrace - how to know your progress?

Simone bombata

9 hours ago, SirSharper said:

I'm pretty much just gobbling them up until that badge shows up :) 

didnt the say something about the badges not showing up til at the end of july?  I just hit 28 day in game on a single save and that should give me the 25 day survival achievement but nothing popped up anywhere to say I got it.   

28 minutes ago, 49Cent said:

Same here. I'm on day 26 and no badges in sight. It's somewhat demotivating. If this is a bug i will be angry.

If anyone has gotten to Day 26 and beyond without earning the WINTER IN JULY Badge, be sure to check to make sure you're on the same WINTER'S EMBRACE save and then if you are and it still hasn't been earned please contact us at thelongdark.com/support and we'll take a look into it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Admin said:

If anyone has gotten to Day 26 and beyond without earning the WINTER IN JULY Badge, be sure to check to make sure you're on the same WINTER'S EMBRACE save and then if you are and it still hasn't been earned please contact us at thelongdark.com/support and we'll take a look into it.

I'm sorry but sometime I can be kinda dense...  could you clarify what I'm supposed to be looking for?  I've provided a screen shot of what I am see when I play the game and this is also where my save is?  Am I doing something incorrectly?  thanks for taking a look, btw.

20200702174341_1.thumb.jpg.64fc87111b71cbad850bed74f55d38ed.jpg

Winter challenge is what i name my save game file, in case you are wondering.

9 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

I'm sorry but sometime I can be kinda dense...  could you clarify what I'm supposed to be looking for?  I've provided a screen shot of what I am see when I play the game and this is also where my save is?  Am I doing something incorrectly?  thanks for taking a look, btw.

20200702174341_1.thumb.jpg.64fc87111b71cbad850bed74f55d38ed.jpg

Winter challenge is what i name my save game file, in case you are wondering.

You're in Sandbox mode there (top left of your screenshot) not in the special event mode.

After I reached 25 games days in WE a message flashed up on the screen saying that I was awarded the badge.

I think finding 25 Maple Syrups will take a lot more days.  After 61 days I had only found 2 or 3 syrups.  Ketchup Chips are everywhere.

3 hours ago, Gazbeard said:

You're in Sandbox mode there (top left of your screenshot) not in the special event mode.

actually I'm not, that is the second screen you get after clicking on Winter's Embrace.  Since you can have multiple saves, it apparently refers to them as the sandbox.  Never the less, I was expecting the badge to pop up on my screen as it does with most of the other badges but subsequently when I checked this morning it said it was unlocked.  So I guess I'm good afterall!

• Upvote 1