The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.72 [58487]

Admin

Now_Available_Steam_Cover_Image_800x450.png.549d8e0af29e9d61ed56f84fce51a871.png

We’ve released our v1.72 Hotfix for ERRANT PILGRIM. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

CHANGELIST v1.72 [58487]

• [General] Fixed an issue that caused the message "Unable to restore the game from a previous save. Press confirm to return to the main menu." to appear, after performing a transition.
  • [General] Fixed an issue that caused food’s cooking progress to reset after the Player performs a transition.
  • [General] Fixed a crash that could occur if a Stag or Rabbit was removed from the world, while being chased by a Predator.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

From what I hear there's no need, if what folks have said is correct... we can find ruined fire arms and "fix them up."

I don’t think the existing guns in the game really fit with the balance of interloper. Furthermore, players in interloper should have to go further, as they always have, sawing their own stocks from wood, forging their own receivers, and crafting their own ammo, the only thing that’s “free” in interloper is those plastic bottles we have an infinite supply of to store our water in, n I think even those will go, in time, too.

Idk If this is really the place for this, but I haven’t played in awhile, n the lost n found box doesn’t seem to be working correctly, I don’t think any changes have been made to the trappers cabin since I’ve played last, and I know no changes were made to the actual shelves all my stuff that was put into the box were sitting on, n all the meat that was outside has disappeared, n is not inside the box. I know that I’ve played since the box was introduced, and none of my stuff was moved into one then, so idk why now all of a sudden. Also, both the brand new bow that I was going to equip when this one broke, and the ruined bow that were laying around are nowhere to be seen, inside the box or out. N I’m quite upset about the ruined bow because that was my first bow of the playthrough. Also it’s really very very annoying that I have to spend 10 hours making a brand new brand new bow because the game decided to delete my old brand new bow. Do you even know how long I’m going to have to spend getting my sleep schedule back on track after hammering out 10 hours on the work bench? Of course not, you just like wasting my precious resources!

8 hours ago, Killerboom204 said:

I think even those will go, in time

Perhaps yes, perhaps no...

I respect what Hinterland chooses to do with their game.  I trust that they will do what they feel is best for it, and in keeping with their vision.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac

'Woohoo two hotfixes in a row !'
*launch an interloper game with a few days of survival, already on his way to the summit

I crouch to try to detect the roaming bear before it detects me. A few meters away comes a wolf. That's not his usual territory but maybe it was pushed off tracks by the bear. Anyway, now it's here, going straight toward me, it must have detect my sent but hasn't see me yet. It's too close to flee, I stay crouched and draw a stone. Bam ! In the nose ! The wolf start calling its mummy and run 2 meters forward, passing just to my left, smurf-turn while still yelping and jump to my throat.

*aaarf, going back to Voyager, killing anything on sight to stay safe

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, I still got issues of animal animations not being displayed correctly. Lets watch a wolf stand still and howl loudly while his body scoots across the snow at breakneck speeds

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/85933759

second problem is a fleeing wolf instantly shifting to killing mode. But maybe that's the new behavior...

On 1/26/2020 at 4:45 AM, LkP said:

second problem is a fleeing wolf instantly shifting to killing mode. But maybe that's the new behavior...

I have encountered that multiple times now....lets just say that if a wolf runs by me at any point in time, making any noises, I am allways trained up on them, just in case....but the wonky animations just throw me off.....where do I am, how do I am, is he going to turn suddenly.....Ontop of the still rather janky FPS {good god, please let next consoles have stable 60 fps} its just really screwy to try and pre aim up on these messed up animations. Especially when you add in their "dodging bullets like the matrix" behavior. 

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/86071518

Yeah I have been waiting for the patch to hit GoG too.

Wizard - The next consoles should be a lot more powerful as I am pretty sure they're using ryzen CPUs. The current gen use CPUs designed for netbooks and the very moment the first ones rolled out of the factory they were slow and crappy for gaming machines.

Guest jeffpeng
On 1/28/2020 at 8:20 AM, wizard03 said:

good god, please let next consoles have stable 60 fps

12 hours ago, odizzido said:

Wizard - The next consoles should be a lot more powerful as I am pretty sure they're using ryzen CPUs. The current gen use CPUs designed for netbooks and the very moment the first ones rolled out of the factory they were slow and crappy for gaming machines.

Yeah, both console vendors will sport CPUs comparable to a modern midrage desktop machine not unlike what you can buy with a Ryzen 3700X, but (most likely) without SMT aka hyperthreading, so 8 true cores but also "just" 8 threads. This should definitely fix CPU bound games like TLD as we are talking easily 4 times the CPU performance in most scenarios.

I am to this day amazed how much they got out of the Jaguar SoCs as today they basically compete with midrange smartphones in terms of raw CPU performance. No idea how they did it. Probably "ASMing hard" as a collegue of mine put it when I asked him how he planned to get his software running on old SPARC trashcans that were nowhere up to the task. I mean there are a lot of shenanigans you can pull if you know your target hardware as well as you do with consoles - but there are limits to this. There are only so many things you can stuff into a travel bag before it pops, no matter how smart you pack it.

Edited by jeffpeng

12 hours ago, odizzido said:

Yeah I have been waiting for the patch to hit GoG too.

Yeah, we have been dealing with a majority of PC ported games lately, but not even close to PC performance systems....I am actually ok with it for now, love seeing PC games cross over. Hell last gen consoles trying to run a game like PUBG would have been a dream, but not reality. Now a days, well its wonky, its truly wonky! but its giving the big wigs at Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo an idea of what we really want, what they need to develop to get things to work correctly, and hopefully while things might be wonky now, they may actually get things on track for next gen. 
I also believe you are correct. Not entirely sure if its going to be a honest to god current ryzen, or maybe some form of modified out dated chipset, but from whats known so far, ryzen is indeed involved. 

54 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

Yeah, both console vendors will sport CPUs comparable to a modern midrage desktop machine not unlike what you can buy with a Ryzen 3700X, but (most likely) without SMT aka hyperthreading, so 8 true cores but also "just" 8 threads. This should definitely fix CPU bound games like TLD as we are talking easily 4 times the CPU performance in most scenarios.

I am to this day amazed how much they got out of the Jaguar SoCs as today they basically compete with midrange smartphones in terms of raw CPU performance. No idea how they did it. Probably "ASMing hard" as a collegue of mine put it when I asked him how he planned to get his software running on old SPARC trashcans that were nowhere up to the task. I mean there are a lot of shenanigans you can pull if you know your target hardware as well as you do with consoles - but there are limits to this. There are only so many things you can stuff into a travel bag before it pops, no matter how smart you pack it.

I do hope so, I got a feeling that while the xbox X was a step up from the original xbox one, it was only for the 4k and HDR....the extra CPU power isn't noticeable from the 1st gen xbox one, to the latest X....no improvement on framerate or such and still constant crashing....Me thinks it was all smoke and mirrors just for the extra graphics just to keep up with main stream media making the switch over to higher graphics.

And agreed, the jags was already predated when they started working them into the xbox one's. My only guess is much like the extremely slow and unreliable hard drives, they must have got those pieces for a song and a dance, then they got their people piecing it all together in the best way possible with some crazy coding to make it run as good as it does.

• Admin locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic