Signal Fire fatality

RandomP1ayer

Not sure how often or if the corpse at the signal fire always shows up here, but it did for me today.  Got to wondering what happened to this guy?  When I got up to  top, there was food, clothing, a campfire with plenty of fuel and an intact snow shelter.  Not to mention the moose leather satchel and a backpack with some additional goodies like a whetstone, chocolate and some assorted ammo.  The corpse yielded a good condition hatchet, some sardines, a rifle  bullet and a pack of matches.screen_e4d3335b-ccdb-49d4-afd0-3d4a118662c4_hi.thumb.png.af86cc40e65eb78c913cd1bd5f91841c.pngscreen_faa7d330-571a-465c-98cf-9a1fa01765fd_hi.thumb.png.95fad2fcbdf97030aade30a283f23ea7.png

I lit up a fire and started some rosehip tea before I looted all the goodies.  The snow shelter repair took all of two sticks.  

So...  why is this dude dead up here?  what did he die of?  From the looks of things, this spot has what you need.   obviously the two liter pot was mine,  but the canned goods in the snow where here when I got up here.  So the guy didn't die from dehydration, or at least he shouldn't have.  The snow shelter was practically new so the guy should't have died from exposure.  Their was plenty to eat to stave off utter starvation. 

So what killed this guy?  Anyone know of any backstory lore relating to this area, if you do, please share, please and thank you! 

• Upvote 1

There were really only two options available: there are no people at the fire or there are dead people at the fire.  Because there are no alive people anywhere.

They chose dead people, ending the fire mystery right there.  I think no people would have been more interesting...

I know tech speaking no one is alive on great bear but you in survival mode but with how that body is the axe and everything. to me if i had to guess he was choping the tree and didnt follow rule one of tree chopping in winter....Look up before chopping and kick the tree before as well to cause anything in branches to fall. all the snow on the body. Im guessing high enough branch had a lot of snow on it and he hit the tree and died from snow ball impact to the head.

Edit. Or it forgot to put the lotion on the skin and got the hose again.. :P

Edited by TheUnknown

Guest jeffpeng

If you ever wonder what happens to your 500 days survival guys when you leave them bored and alone in the milton trailer.....

This is it.