How are you preparing for Episode 3?

hozz1235

How are you preparing for Episode 3?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Hinterland
On 10/8/2019 at 5:58 AM, Hawk said:

GOG has always been at least 3 days, typically 9 days behind Steam in new releases of TLD. I thought pretty certain you were aware of this since you did comment on this issue in this post. I'm not putting any blame on Hinterland at all.

As I mentioned above, I was simply stating a fact. I was not taking issue about it.

I have in fact contacted GOG about this and they were unable to offer an acceptable or intelligent answer for their release gap.

Please folks, I meant no issue with Hinterland, Raph, TLD or any other person thinking I'm attacking Hinterland, Raph, TLD or anyone in the forums. I was simply stating a fact about GOG being so slow in new releases of TLD. I honestly can't see, from my post, how it could have been construed that I was taking issue with Hinterland, Raph or TLD. Sheeesh!! :/

I guess I'll go back to just reading and keeping my thoughts to myself. I certainly don't want to offend or upset  anyone.

Thanks for clarifying. In the past we've been blamed for delays on GOG so I try to point out that we don't have direct control on when GOG chooses to release our updates (it's the only platform where we don't have that influence). There have been some rare instances in the past where we have bundled hotfixes (when there were several in a row) to avoid accumulating delays on GOG which meant that maybe an intermediary hotfix wouldn't appear on GOG, but apart from that we have always done our best to make sure all our customers, on all platforms, have the same level of service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePancakeLady said:

This post made me go and look at the hinterland twitter for the first time since they were asking for cosplayers (which if hinterland reads this I fit the bill of exactly what I think you wanted and I was highly interested but I'm never in the gulf of Alaska for more then a week) and the forums has much more thought out commentary on what hinterland says. In fact it reminded me that I hate social media.  

Edited by RegentRelic
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, selfless said:

Probably because the Valley redesigns won’t be included in the Sandbox.  Not for this release anyway.  It’s been done that way before...

PS: I have no intention of playing episode 3 so I can’t vote 🙁

Are you sure?  I seem to recall any zone redesigns for WM have always rolled over to Sandbox at release.  That's why they're doing the Lost & Found box...

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:
On 10/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, selfless said:

Probably because the Valley redesigns won’t be included in the Sandbox.  Not for this release anyway.  It’s been done that way before...

PS: I have no intention of playing episode 3 so I can’t vote 🙁

Are you sure?  I seem to recall any zone redesigns for WM have always rolled over to Sandbox at release.  That's why they're doing the Lost & Found box...

When the original Wintermute Episodes came out, Milton was not added to Survival Mode (Sandbox Mode) right away, if I remember correctly. Can't recall if the changes to the Dam were added right away or not. Predux episodes, remember. Milton was not added to Survival Mode until Rugged Sentinel  (December 2017), While Wintermute Episodes 1 & 2 shipped when the game left Early Access/Game Preview in August 2017.

• Upvote 1

I have been replaying CH1 and 2 as both 'paragon' and 'renegade' and hoping to see if there is a difference in the latter chapters.  For renegade I killed Hobbs and helped no one but myself (the old woman can put the pearls on the grave herself if she cares so much and those flaky environmental types can fetch their own gear...).  The paragon means I help and spare everyone.

Though really, I am an advocate of killing Hobb's.  If for no other reason than if Astrid felt he was dangerous enough to kill, I am going to finish the job for her... 

I wasn't able to play it until about 2PM Pacific time, but boy was I excited when it was finally gametime! Had a fresh coffee in my Hinterland mug, was wearing my new Hinterland Afflictions t-shirt, chores done, dogs napping, Nvidia driver updated, house to myself.. dove in headfirst and didn't come up for air for hours! Really impressed with the evolution of the story, and the new stuff in PV has been really fun to explore!

Well done, Hinterland! And I think I speak for everyone when I say, we really appreciate you not hitting us with paid DLC for these updates. I mean, I would be more than happy to support you with paid content, as I really like the unique direction your studio is taking. But giving us the amount of content you have given us for free is really amazing. And supporting Doctors Without Borders is incredible, thank you. You are making fans for life.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1