How are you preparing for Episode 3?

hozz1235

How are you preparing for Episode 3?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After one of the more recent updates, I started a new game in Pleasant Valley. hate the weather in PV, so I tend to avoid camping out there for too long. But since it's a central location for Episode 3, I wanted to get more familiar with the terrain and landmarks before the release. Even if some things change, I suspect that most of the major locations will stay intact.

4 hours ago, DerpyLemon115 said:

Honestly not too sure. I been pretty burnt out on TLD for a while now and I don't know if I will play Episode 3 as soon as it releases. Might take me a few days, or even weeks to get back into playing, even though I been looking forward to Episode 3 for ages now. 

I've been there before with this game, It always pulls me back though. Leaving for a while actually enhances your enjoyment of it when you get back. :toque:

Watch out for spoilers!

Edited by MarrowStone

Once Episode 3 comes out, I will replay, starting from Episode 1 on. I'll delete any old saves I have as well. 

Just to have the whole thing flow together from the start.
And yes, when Episodes 4 & 5 come out, I'll probably do the same thing. 
Start from the beginning, and try a few new things along the way, to see if I can do it "better". 

6 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I'm hoping it doesn't mess up my faithful cartographer run.

Yeah me too... I dropped a question about it in the mailbag.  I probably should have done the same as you, but I was half hoping I might get finished before the 22nd (with as long as it's taking though, I've pretty much accepted that I won't).  However, if it does mean I have to start again from scratch, then these last two runs will have made some good practice :D 

49 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Once Episode 3 comes out, I will replay, starting from Episode 1 on. I'll delete any old saves I have as well. 

I will most likely end up doing the same.  I mean I do have the completed save from Luminance Fugue... but I'd definitely want to go on Will's journey again so it's all fresh in my mind.  I know for me, the replay value of this game is infinite.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

For me, I'm just waiting for it to come. I've not been playing because there's something wrong with (I think) Unity's OpenGL handling in the game which causes almost all of the terrain to flicker under linux. I know that this is a general problem because I'm not the only linux player that's experiencing this. I'm very much hoping that Crossroads Elegy will mean that the problem will be fixed by whichever version of the engine they're building it on and I can get back into the game without getting serious eyestrain after half an hour to an hour of playing.

• Hinterland
On 10/5/2019 at 6:22 AM, Hawk said:

I chose Nothing special. I'll wait to see if any bugs are reported, then wait for them to be fixed before I play.

Of course, since I bought TLD at GOG, it won't even be available for me (and other GOG users) for 9 days or better, so most bugs will have been reported by then, and probably even fixed.

Episode Three is launching on all platforms at the same time. Why do you think the GOG version of Episode Three would come later? We've never delayed major updates on GOG for any reason.

• Like 6

Guest jeffpeng

My wife, despite never having played the game, is a pretty huge fan, and likes to watch me play Story Mode (or sometimes Survival, but ... she tends to fall asleep a lot then :D ). So "we'll" probably play it over the course of a few evenings when we have time together after it comes out. Funnily enough she's actually hyped while I'm like "yeah, I guess I'll play that then".

Actually the way she reacts to the entire setting, story and premise of TLD always makes me think that this franchise would actually work really well for people not particularly into First Person games, but actually more adventure focussed games. Not saying that I would want TLD to be something else, but I think there are so many stories that potentially could be told in this world that there would probably be plenty of room for another, different game in the same universe.

@Hawk,
If you are talking about how long it takes GoG to get content to it's customers... seems to me then, your issue is with GoG and not really with Hinterland.  Raph has stated at least a few times before that Hinterland releases updates to all supported platforms together.  How long it takes those platforms to deliver the content to individuals using those platforms is not Hinterland's fault.

I only mean that if the issue is with GoG, then it stands to reason that it would be more fruitful to take it up with GoG... right?

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac

I would suggest if you haven't already reading, Paradise lost by john Milton, where have all the flowers gone, the Bible (kings James version) and Call of the wild Jack London. because each of these books are either referenced a lot in wintermute or give great knowledge of the our world that enriches the world of the long dark.

• Like 1

Started replaying Wintermute from the start again, so i can bounce between current Survival mode saves, and Wintermute, until Ep 3 drops. 
And I forgot... I think this is the first time I see this one smile... (if you have not played Ep 1 yet, the image will be a bit spoilery... don't open the hidden content, unless you are okay with having a scene spoiled for you.):

20191007221600_1.thumb.jpg.176b44019149abbce1c5b9b208beb1ad.jpg

Seeing this does make me feel an little emotional punch in the gut, in a good way.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Hawk said:

I honestly can't see, from my post, how it could have been construed that I was taking issue with Hinterland, Raph or TLD. Sheeesh!!

Fair enough, I think perhaps it just reads that way... but I acknowledge that it's sometimes difficult to derive tone from text.  I do apologize if I misunderstood the intent of your comment, but reading it as is... that seems to be how it came across. 

Either way, I was attempting to offer a solution to the situation you mentioned.  I certainly wasn't upset or offended.  I was offering a clarification based on my understanding of what had been discussed about it in the past.  My intentions where to be helpful to you.

:coffee::fire: 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 3:10 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Just to have the whole thing flow together from the start.
And yes, when Episodes 4 & 5 come out, I'll probably do the same thing. 
Start from the beginning, and try a few new things along the way, to see if I can do it "better". 

Same. I want to start fresh and I haven't played Wintermute in quite some time. Forgot some of the details, it will be fun to play again. It will also put me in the right frame of mind to fully absorb and appreciate EP3. I've already deleted my saves. :coffee:

I'm a bit worried though.. I'm doing a personal challenge in WTM, and I need to wrap this up and get the hell out before the timberwolves drop! I have 26 more days to complete in TWM before I get to leave. I have a nearly 500 day Loper run going that I don't want to lose to an animal that I have no idea how to deal with yet. I better get cracking!

On 10/7/2019 at 7:35 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

Episode Three is launching on all platforms at the same time. Why do you think the GOG version of Episode Three would come later? We've never delayed major updates on GOG for any reason.

Apologies if this has already been answered but, I've got loads of stuff scattered all around PV, should I worry about containers being removed or cleaned in my survival save? Can I just run to the road and dump all my stuff and be safe? Excited for episode 3, I've always liked playing as Astrid more as I love her voice acting btw. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dan_ said:

Apologies if this has already been answered but, I've got loads of stuff scattered all around PV, should I worry about containers being removed or cleaned in my survival save? Can I just run to the road and dump all my stuff and be safe? Excited for episode 3, I've always liked playing as Astrid more as I love her voice acting btw. 

HL hasn't posted anything about "items in danger" so I wouldn't worry about it.

16 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

HL hasn't posted anything about "items in danger" so I wouldn't worry about it.

Probably because the Valley redesigns won’t be included in the Sandbox.  Not for this release anyway.  It’s been done that way before...

PS: I have no intention of playing episode 3 so I can’t vote 🙁

Edited by selfless
PS
  • Upvote 1