Bop that Bunny! How to throw stones like a caveman!

RandomP1ayer

I keep that well fed status going by regularly spending time hunting those pesky wabbits!  For those of you who aren't throwing stones with the proficiency you like all I can say is practice, practice, practice.  I like to load up on stones, usually about 10 or so. keeping all those stones in you pocket also gives you auto reload!    Today I am out behind the Orca gas station in Milton where there's a least two rabbits and almost always a couple of deer, so you wont be coming home empty handed either way.  

I've been pretty successful with snaring but have been a pretty poor aim until recently when I finally started figuring out how to line up my shot better by having my target line up between by thumb and index finger for short range shots and more of an open sight picture for the longer range targets.  

takingaim.thumb.png.2b26a306e92b3cee33bb58872143eb72.png

This is a fairly long shot, it seems doable so  I am also using my Jedi mind powers to "snare" the bunny in place while I take my time lining up the shot.

Now, I am a little up hill on my side of roadway so I am kinda throwing down but also and what I think is most important is that my target is almost center on screen and it's that part of the equation where in the game mechanics, projectiles like to fly to the center of the screen.  Or so I've been told by others.  

almostthere.thumb.png.0d13085ae292d5195621160560e2efa1.png

I hurl the stone like a bullet, it's going so fast that by the time I mash the F10 key the stone has almost reached it's target...

onthefly.thumb.png.6a5f08c15bb6be848f49b29bfbe40af3.png

almost there and then all of a sudden the little guy started to move...  still center on the screen... 

bop.thumb.png.78790c1ffa0a3c77f6042b0f683aa35f.png

BOP!  look at the stone ricochet off that bunny! 

Well I hope you enjoyed this visual narrative on throwing stones.  I was mashing that F10 key the whole time and actually nicely surprised it would catch the stones mid flight.

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, hozz1235 said:

My strategy is to put myself in their line, crouch and let them walk right up to me and hit 'em at close range.

Yes, specially when you have the time to actively seek them out. Works really, when you're heavily laden with weight (can't sprint to catch the bugger before it awakes) Otherwise, it's an opportune chances for me to kill them on the move.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:45 AM, ManicManiac said:

I kind of wish that they would shrink the rabbit hitboxes down a little bit... I personally liked the old way, before they reworked it.  I mean, I think it should be tricky to hit a rabbit with a rock.  I think perhaps they made it a little too forgiving when they reworked it.  Lately I've been noticing that bad throws, that really should have been misses, still stunned the rabbit... and it felt kind of cheap.

I do wish they would shrink that hitbox back down a little bit... maybe not as small as it was... but definitely smaller than it is now.

The other day I bopped a rabbit, then I went to pick it up my cursor was not quite on target and I ended up smashing two more stones into the bunny point blank as it lay there stunned.  Surprisingly, drops of blood appeared on the ground!  That was a little more brutal than I intended.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

The other day I bopped a rabbit, then I went to pick it up my cursor was not quite on target and I ended up smashing two more stones into the bunny point blank as it lay there stunned.  Surprisingly, drops of blood appeared on the ground!  That was a little more brutal than I intended.

Oh, there's a great gamer name.... Bunny Brutalizer

21 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I used to do that more often than not, so annoying as the rabbit ran away.