Rifle scope.

Skelegutplays

I would lile to see a rifle scope with a zoom that can be changed with the mouse scroll wheel. The minimum zoom would be 2x and the maximum 4x, why? Equipping the scope should have downsides too and removing/equipping the scope should take 10 minutes to do so you cant quickly toggle between the scope and iron sights. When it comes to the zoom having a minimum zoom of 2x would make the rifle less useful in close range defence. Having a maximum zoom of 4x would allow you to take accurate shots at longer ranges but not allow you to snipe wolves from hibernia processing from the top of the lighthouse. The scope should weigh 0.5 kg. Finding the scope would ve very hard with only 4-8 scopes in the whole world in any game.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Skelegutplays said:

I would lile to see a rifle scope with a zoom that can be changed with the mouse scroll wheel. The minimum zoom would be 2x and the maximum 4x, why? Equipping the scope should have downsides too and removing/equipping the scope should take 10 minutes to do so you cant quickly toggle between the scope and iron sights. When it comes to the zoom having a minimum zoom of 2x would make the rifle less useful in close range defence. Having a maximum zoom of 4x would allow you to take accurate shots at longer ranges but not allow you to snipe wolves from hibernia processing from the top of the lighthouse. The scope should weigh 0.5 kg. Finding the scope would ve very hard with only 4-8 scopes in the whole world in any game.

4-8 scopes in any one save is a tad much. Depending on RNG, there may not be 8 rifles in any one save. They should be far more rare. "Rare" like flare guns, but without the guaranteed spawn locations. I do see "zoom" being an issue, especially on consoles, and older computers that are not able to run the game on higher resolutions... zooming will quite possibly create pixelated images, not fun to deal with when playing, and not good PR images for the game either. Having to sharpen the zoomed-in image could cause some performance issues as well. And zoom is not going to help you with long range shots that much. Scopes should now (hopefully would not) magically extend the effective range of the weapon. They may only give you a closer look at what you are going to miss at long range.

Personally I have always been against scopes, every time it gets brought up and asked for. I don't feel they add enough value to the game to make it worth the time and money Hinterland would need to put into developing the models, mechanics and system. If they are added, I would not be likely to use them. I honestly don;t see a "need" for them, being that this game is not a shooter. I still can't upvote this idea. But I won't scream and yell if it gets added. I just won't use it.

• Upvote 1

I don't have a problem with the iron sights so I disagree, most engagement ranges I've run into are all iron sight friendly and adding a scope only pushes TLD one step closer to being another loot and shoot survival game like Rust.

The only scope I'd be willing to give a shot is an older World War II era scope like you'd find on the L42A1, single zoom function (somewhere between 2x and 4x). It would be non-repairable, rare, and be quickly ruined in an animal attack. I do agree with the 'action required to remove scope' feature, but it would probably only take about a second or so of in-game time (5 minutes) to do like crafting birch bark tea.

• 2 weeks later...