Being Able to Break Down Campfires...

ManicManiac

I wish we could breakdown burned out campfires, even if only as an option to get rid of them when we are done using them.  I find myself looking for good places to put them outside, and most often I opt not to just because I will eventually wreck the place with campfires just littered all over.  This is also why I don't use fire to thaw carcasses, I know it would make it easier to harvest and keep me warm... but I just can't get past the fact that it will leave a seemingly random firepit there forever. 

It's silly, I know... :) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Agreed.  I like that we can reuse campfires--in earlier builds of the game, burnt out campfires were static objects that could never again be interacted with.  At least now we can recycle them.

But I would like the option of destroying them, just to clean house so to speak.

This is a great idea, and it doesn't look like something hard to implement. It's something that always bothered me that whenver I placed a campfire, it would be a permanent thing in the landscape.

Edited by tommykneip

On 5/3/2019 at 2:31 AM, BareSkin said:

Agreed. It should take some stones (3?) and 1 minute to start a fire from scratch. If campfire already exists, regular fire starting. That would makes wolves a real threat.

Good idea. Yet another use of stones. Maybe reduce stone weight *a bit*. Once implemented, allow to cancel fire starting once again -- there been times when I was raped by the bear when I heared it coming but couldn't stop the fire starting interaction, silly. Make fires start with higher chance and faster on already existent campfires. Also split the action of making a fire on a blank spot into two: 1. prepare campfire, 2. ignite fire. The first phase doesn't repel wolves. Both phases can be canceled whenever you want.

That said, I would do the following. Always keep a set or two of stones (3-6) with me. Every time before I go I would gather the fire. On wolf intensive areas keep one fire going and then push the fire that was behind forward, and repeat. More reason to complain about tedious repeating tasks. More possibilities for strategic thinking -- preplace fires on key points for quick ignition.

There been complaints that when wind blows a several-hour fire no wood is left behind. Incorporate it into gathering the campfire -- more wood is left, more time to gather everything is needed.

Edited by Wormer
  • Upvote 1

This is probably not the first time this has been suggested, it also makes perfect sense, so why is this not done yet? One should find charcoal where the old fire was, the original fire should no longer be there (unless blown out).