animal colour variations?

peepercreeper

as of currently deers can only be found as one colour same with every other animal i get that deer fur colours don't vary that much irl but perhaps finding lights or darker shades of the colour would be a nice touch or maybe white wolves and brown ones too 

crows should all stay black because thats the only colour in there species and bears too (since they are black bears)

Guest kristaok

I would definitely like to see more colors of Wolves, but even so I would love to see more of a variety of animals in general like Foxes etc.

By the way, did any of you ever catch an albino red eyed rabbit? I did once, likely a year ago, near the Hunting Lodge; it looked like the others while alive, but was different in the harvesting screen. Being the lazy arse I am, I didn't take a screenshot (to be honest I probably didn't even know how to, at the moment).

Unless it was some weird effect caused by standing near a lit window while harvesting.

Guest kristaok
7 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

By the way, did any of you ever catch an albino red eyed rabbit? I did once, likely a year ago, near the Hunting Lodge; it looked like the others while alive, but was different in the harvesting screen. Being the lazy arse I am, I didn't take a screenshot (to be honest I probably didn't even know how to, at the moment).

Unless it was some weird effect caused by standing near a lit window while harvesting.

REALLY? there's Albino Rabbits in the game?!

Maybe there are no color variations for animals to identify them better ? Everything in TLD has its own 'skin'. Same for objects. A can of beans is orange, salty crackers green, beef jerky red... no matter how many cans you pick up or where are located. And the same thing happens with clothes, first aid, tools... etc. They all have their own characteristic appearance.

Having said that, and knowing that Hinterland is a small studio, I prefer that they invest the time in introducing new animals rather than changing their color. Under my point of view it's more interesting.

45 minutes ago, kristaok said:

@LilWolf I want more Animals too... Mountain Goats and Lions, Huntable Birds, Geese, Reindeer, Bison... yea you get it :P

Mountain Goats & Reindeers... that would be fantastic as alternative for deers: more animals to hunt and carcass to harvest.

Bison... yeah I could see a bison as a 'rare' animal (something like the "Bigfoot" lol), be careful if you see one but lots of meat if you are lucky.

11 hours ago, Doc Feral said:

I still don't know if it was an optical effect caused  the window (strange but not impossible) or if it's a rare find. Even the harvested skin looked normal.

Surely white rabbits would be harder to hunt...

Im guessing someone would have said something if it was a rare occurence, I think it was more likely a lighting glitch.

I play with low graphics and quite often I see the lights mess up, which in term paints the animals in different colors. While usually the deer are orangeish for me, sometimes with the lighting changing they get the late brown kind of color. Wolves go from the usual grey to a very dark grey, almost black... 

Yeah I have been thinking about this for a while. I think It would be cool to have White wolves and Grey wolves. How about an albino moose? Google image albino moose.

Caribou I have been thinking about a lot lately. I think it would be cool to see caribou migrating through Pleasant Valley.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:05 AM, DerpyLemon115 said:

Would be a nice touch to bring a little more life to the game. I would also like to see more members of the deer family like caribou for example.

Also one thing I would like to ask you is to not "spam out" a bunch of new topics in the same thread within such a short span of time. Instead it would be better if you just made one topic titled "my ideas" or something with all your ideas for the game.

lol what if the colour of the moose coat you craft depends on the colour imagine a white moose caot that makes you harder to see 

Well this opens a larger can of worms though... if the fur is different colors then wouldn't that potentially cause the need for many different "re-skins" for the wolf coat?

While I am fine with the wolves all being the same color, it would be neat if Fluffy and Scruffy had unique coloration or something to help make them unique and special.  I would even love to see a Fluffy/Scruffy (in that their specific hide would be required for crafting) wolf hood something similar to what Jeremiah has.

1648685471_WolfHood.png.9e64e2a830e94a188722ab5f12adcd8e.png

I'd really like to see more animals before color variants, but they're not a bad idea. If adding many colors is a problem, maybe add just one rare color variant for each animal (like the albino rabbit, which I am dying to see now) and add a color variant to the clothing item to match it (as long as all pelts used in crafting are of the rarer quality).

Archived