The New Forge (Spoilers)

TheEldritchGod

Okay, I went and checked it, there is a new forge in BR. It's in the machine shop. It finally gives me a reason to make BR a base. You have a forge, you have that massive wonderful hunting lodge with the six burner stove. It's got plenty of storage space. It's got multiple moose spawn.  Workbench in the basement. The machine shop has that nice room you toss your rock out the open door, wait for the wolf to investigate the sound, and you can shoot him without even needing bait. Oh, the hunting lodge has the coolest cave ever for waiting out cabin fever. In fact, it just became one of the maps I could spawn on, and assuming there was a hammer somewhere, never have to leave. Hell. I think the weather is better then in DP, but that's just me.

Down sides, the forge and the workbench are in different structures. Small map concentrates the wolves and bear. Safe paths free of wolves are few and not very long.

Other then that, the forge finally gives me an excuse to go to BR.

Thoughts, anyone?

26 minutes ago, TheEldritchGod said:

Thoughts, anyone?

Sounds very interesting.
Wishing for more lore to breath life into the BR region.
Also, would love to someday see a coal fired steam locomotive in the maintenance shed as a "forge".

Additions to your list:

• The loot rich trail system, (especially on Stalker).
  • The nice lake and shoreline hunter's blind, (could be perfect for first no hut ice fishing).

Thanks for the recon my friend. :coffee:

The workbench in the garage was removed? 

The only time that I was in BR was armed with a bow and 5 arrows. I thought as a beginner area it would be easier but after 5 days I left because of the number of wolves and of course lack of arrows. 

Will have to return now that I am better equipped. 

Actually, didn't check. Maybe the workbench in the machine shop is still there. I'll be honest, I never go there, so I have no idea. I mapped it once, and that's about it.

Edit: just went to check. It has a crafting table. Huh. Never noticed that before. Shows you how much time I spend there. Well, it just became an even better location then I suspected. Damn. Once you got a hammer, you don't need to leave the maintenance yard.

Sounds OP with the addition of the Forge as I like basing at the Hunter Lodge anyway.  It was already a short trip the FM Forge...  But this is going to be very nice, one less trip on occasion.  If it had an Fishing Shak I would never leave.... I occasionally need Storm Lantern fuel.

Thanks for the info!  PS no Forge was added to the Summit of TWM ;)

1 minute ago, RossBondReturns said:

Usually if it's not there when you arrive...if you clean out the wolves...animal carcasses...a few days later the Moose will spawn anyway.

I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I play survival. Usually when I spawn in the region I end up rushing toward Mystery Lake as fast as I can...  

Archived