Coffee mug really improves gameplay.

s7mar7in

So I balked at purchasing the Hinterland coffee mug last year...later I went back to the 'Hinterland Gear' and it was sold-out, and I was crushed. Of course last month I did not hesitate and purchased the same mug as is pictured in the game. My friends, it is worth every penny! This is a small camping mug but the quality is far superior to most others on the market. (Funny, the only thing you can not do with this mug is use it in a microwave oven). A great addition to long hours of TLD game play, so much more relaxing.

42 minutes ago, s7mar7in said:

So I balked at purchasing the Hinterland coffee mug last year...later I went back to the 'Hinterland Gear' and it was sold-out, and I was crushed. Of course last month I did not hesitate and purchased the same mug as is pictured in the game. My friends, it is worth every penny! This is a small camping mug but the quality is far superior to most others on the market. (Funny, the only thing you can not do with this mug is use it in a microwave oven). A great addition to long hours of TLD game play, so much more relaxing.

Glad you are having a good time with it! And yes, good for everything *but* a microwave. :coffee:

1 hour ago, Ape88 said:

I wouldn't mind a thermos though

The thermos idea is talked about often and I guess I was not thinking it thru, but now I agree. It would be very nice to have "lunch buckets and helmet lights" in the mines with a rare "Thermos" spawn; seems a great addition to the game. Some extra coffee tins in the buildings with the big coffee makers would be nice also...what a wonderful game.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:08 AM, Ape88 said:

With the upcoming cooking enhancement, we could make soups that we can carry with us and keep a serving warm.

Given that we can currently carry around hot cups of coffee and tea in our backpacks, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we are able to do the same with hot pans of soup (or porknbeans, peaches, etc) after the cooking enhancements arrive.

But a Thermos (other brands of insulated food and beverage containers are available) would serve the purpose of making it all feel a bit... less silly.

On the original topic: I'm a bit reluctant to spend $30 on a metal camping mug, but I would definitely buy a microwave-able porcelain coffee mug with the same design if they made such a thing! In fact, I'd buy a set with the different coloured ones from the game (coffee, herbal tea, reishi, rosehip). If they add a Thermos (or other brand of insulated food and beverage container) to the game, I'd buy a real one of them of the same design, too!

1 hour ago, Pillock said:

But a Thermos (other brands of insulated food and beverage containers are available) would serve the purpose of making it all feel a bit... less silly.

So let us say we are provided "rare spawn" beverage container(s) and it will keep heated foods "heated" for let's say 12 hours. This will become a must have item in our pack...we would not want to forget it at a base-camp. So, less silly and more realistic, (IMO), we need a "go-bag" to store our prized items. Similar to the current moose hide satchel it would be a grab and go collection of our mission-critical gear, organized purposefully, and adding no burden to our encumbrance.

4 hours ago, s7mar7in said:

So let us say we are provided "rare spawn" beverage container(s) and it will keep heated foods "heated" for let's say 12 hours. This will become a must have item in our pack...we would not want to forget it at a base-camp. So, less silly and more realistic, (IMO), we need a "go-bag" to store our prized items. Similar to the current moose hide satchel it would be a grab and go collection of our mission-critical gear, organized purposefully, and adding no burden to our encumbrance.

That's a really good idea for the moose-hide satchel. Make it a different container that can be carried, adds no encumbrance, and can hold up to five kilos of stuff. You can put the travel essentials in it and leave it at base when you're doing a hunting expedition or wood gathering or what have you, and be able to grab and go for when you're figuring on an overnight stay. 

From a UI/mechanics point of view, keep it in the "accessories" slot it's using now, and when clicked on open up as a new container view with a cap of 5kg/11lbs and has its stuff in it.

Archived