Patch 7 didn't fix Jeremiah Flare Cache for me.

Anthony_Jouls

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ingrobny said:

I can't find it either (PS4), where is it supposed to show up? Could it be in Jeremiah's hideout? I haven't been there yet.

No, the cache has been broken since before this thread was started. It was supposed to be fixed in the patch that came out before this thread, but it wasn't. We have been waiting for a new patch to fix it since. Since the thread began another patch was released which didn't address this issue in the patch notes. 

10 hours ago, jkripper said:

Found this post on True Achievements:

Update: Raphael van Lierop posted this in the Hinterland forums a few days ago.

Fixed in next patch. Steam and PS4 will come first. Xbox will follow once we are through cert. Not 100% sure about ETA yet.

This post was made over a week ago, but then everyone at Hinterland was granted a month off. I asked if this patch was still coming a few days ago, and Patrick said yes, but the flare cache has been broken for almost a month total at this point.

12 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

No, the cache has been broken since before this thread was started. It was supposed to be fixed in the patch that came out before this thread, but it wasn't. We have been waiting for a new patch to fix it since. Since the thread began another patch was released which didn't address this issue in the patch notes.

Okay, i started a new game the other day, so i have a new game with the latest PS4 patch, i just watched a video about where it should supposedly show up, so i'm on my way over ther now and see if it's there, updating the post after i have been there :), but there is no marker on the map so i don't have high hopes.

Nah, it's not there :|

59b8ffad0d56c_TheLongDark_20170913114941.thumb.jpg.e423b757a032e365defd8c004989b0ab.jpg59b8ffb869e5c_TheLongDark_20170913114957.thumb.jpg.cd256d4db08a1e381750232c600a707a.jpg

From what i understand if we have Allan's cave cache active it will be bugged, but i have taken that cache long time ago, so it's not that one that causes the problem, i have a cache in Forlorn Muskeg that i haven't picked up yet.

59b8ffc394438_TheLongDark_20170913115019.thumb.jpg.f0ba02ef2b694a4b064a75d125edfd8e.jpg

28 minutes ago, ingrobny said:

Okay, i started a new game the other day, so i have a new game with the latest PS4 patch, i just watched a video about where it should supposedly show up, so i'm on my way over ther now and see if it's there, updating the post after i have been there :), but there is no marker on the map so i don't have high hopes.

Nah, it's not there :|

59b8ffad0d56c_TheLongDark_20170913114941.thumb.jpg.e423b757a032e365defd8c004989b0ab.jpg59b8ffb869e5c_TheLongDark_20170913114957.thumb.jpg.cd256d4db08a1e381750232c600a707a.jpg

From what i understand if we have Allan's cave cache active it will be bugged, but i have taken that cache long time ago, so it's not that one that causes the problem, i have a cache in Forlorn Muskeg that i haven't picked up yet.

59b8ffc394438_TheLongDark_20170913115019.thumb.jpg.f0ba02ef2b694a4b064a75d125edfd8e.jpg

I have a save from before I went to the dam and got the note for Allan's cache (allegedly even getting the note breaks the flare cache), and I'm just not playing anymore until this is patched. I haven't been playing The Long Dark since September 1st (which is when I reached Episode 2 after restarting Episode 1 at least 5 times for all the other patches). I started playing Subnautica instead with Jafo.

54 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I have a save from before I went to the dam and got the note for Allan's cache (allegedly even getting the note breaks the flare cache), and I'm just not playing anymore until this is patched. I haven't been playing The Long Dark since September 1st (which is when I reached Episode 2 after restarting Episode 1 at least 5 times for all the other patches). I started playing Subnautica instead with Jafo.

From what i saw in the video, we didn't miss out on much from that cache, when i leave episode 2 i have to leave behind a lot of stuff anyway, i had so much stuff i would carry with me from episode 1, but i could barely walk, so i had to be very selective about what to bring with me and i think the same will happen now when the times come to exit the dam.

On 9/13/2017 at 5:13 AM, ingrobny said:

From what i saw in the video, we didn't miss out on much from that cache, when i leave episode 2 i have to leave behind a lot of stuff anyway, i had so much stuff i would carry with me from episode 1, but i could barely walk, so i had to be very selective about what to bring with me and i think the same will happen now when the times come to exit the dam.

Well I don't particularly care about the flares in the "flare cache" either, but there is an achievement for finding all the caches. An achievement which is impossible to achieve until this is patched....

As far as loot, yeah they implemented mechanisms to limit one's ability to hoard loot between episodes. I defeated the first rope in Episode 1, and the second rope in episode 2 appears easier to defeat. First it doesn't snap....allowing multiple trips. Secondly you can place heavy items over the blocked area the same way you move items in your base.

I really don't understand the point in attempting to not permit you to carry whatever loot you acquired between episodes anyways....

Hoarders gotta hoard....

(Hinterland should make a shirt that says that)

4 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

but there is an achievement for finding all the caches. An achievement which is impossible to achieve until this is patched....

Ah, okay, that's a problem.

5 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I really don't understand the point in attempting to not permit you to carry whatever loot you acquired between episodes anyways...

I guess that is the survival aspect, if i could bring everything from episode 1 with me i would have it quite easy now, but now i have to gather the same things all over again and i'm okay with that.

7 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Hoarders gotta hoard....

Hahaha, tell me about it, i know, i will take with me everyting so it is a struggle to have to choose, but that's the part of survival i think :).

Apparently they finally released the patch for Jerimiah's flare cache....

I've been playing Subnautica, not sure when I'll feel like playing The Long Dark again.

That being said, if anyone else has a save like mine, I'd like to know if the patch fixed the flare cache retroactively....or if I have to start Episode 2 over....or if even worse I have to start over from Episode 1.....AGAIN....

The type of save game I would be interested in hearing about is anyone who got Jerimiah his meds, picked up the cache note in the Carter Dam for Allan's Cave Cache and got Allan's cache, but then did NOT get 50 Trust with Jerimiah because they were waiting on this being patched.

If you were in a similar situation and now that it was patched, you got 50 trust or more with Jerimiah and then the cache appeared and you were able to collect it, I'd like to know before I mess around with old saves and whatnot....

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond!

2 hours ago, Thrasador said:

That being said, if anyone else has a save like mine, I'd like to know if the patch fixed the flare cache retroactively....or if I have to start Episode 2 over....or if even worse I have to start over from Episode 1.....AGAIN....

I'm downloading the patch now, i will check if the cache is there after it's installed and update my post :).

Edit.

Good news :), if you go to Jeremiah and ask him about flares again, the cache will show up.

59ba39b3402ff_TheLongDark_20170914101002.thumb.jpg.4875dc1c321e87f153179f24b9489e72.jpg59ba39bc2c026_TheLongDark_20170914101016.thumb.jpg.342d777e3efef57a98f0b13526a21ff3.jpg

I'm going have to start at episode 1 the only save i have is one where flare cache was working but Alan's cave cache still bugged with it. I did some test runs in a fresh run of episode 2 and was able to get both caches at least. Time for a new run, hopefully i remember all the Milton cache locations.

Yes I can confirm it too, after speaking to Jeremiah again about the Flare Cache it appeared where it should, the quest updated and I've finally got the achievement.

Now there's only the Faithful Cartographer achievement left to get fixed and then I believe all major, as in game/achievement breaking, bugs will be fixed I hope ;)

1 hour ago, ChillPlayer said:

Yes I can confirm it too, after speaking to Jeremiah again about the Flare Cache it appeared where it should, the quest updated and I've finally got the achievement.

Now there's only the Faithful Cartographer achievement left to get fixed and then I believe all major, as in game/achievement breaking, bugs will be fixed I hope ;)

Nice, thank you for the various verifications peoples!

Now when I feel like getting my The Long Dark groove back on, I won't have to fiddle about with various backup saves....and/or starting Episode 2 over....

22 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

Thanks for reminding me about that blasted Faithful Cartographer achievement..  This game is going to be the death of me.  In real life, not just a la bear.  Well, actually there are bears near where I live.. crap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 2:59 AM, jkripper said:

So yeah.. xbox patch will be released "when its ready".

In the meantime, I will just stare at my wall and aggressively stalk this forum.

It's out now..  (and the delays aren't Hinterland's doing.. Microsoft just take their own sweet time checking/certifying patches before releasing them)

Some of the delay was a result of the hurricane activity -- areas hosting Microsoft data centers were impacted by the storms, and as a result publishing was unavailable for a few days. Not anyone's fault, just a thing that happened. Happily it didn't take them too long to work though the backlog after coming back online -- kudos to their team!

Archived