Patch 7 didn't fix Jeremiah Flare Cache for me.

Anthony_Jouls

10 minutes ago, Sirdoeboy01 said:

@Thrasador yeah sorry if my post wasn't very clear, it's hard to put into words what the problem is but basically no matter what you do you're going only have 6/7(I think there are 7 mystery lake caches) either you're going miss the flare cache or the Alan's cache, I did submit it to the bug report so hopefully I wrote it good enough that they know what the problem is and can fix it.

Cool, thanks man....Hopefully they notice it, because like I stated, I have a bad feeling that if they don't....next we are going to be writing bug reports about Alan's cache being broken....or some other cache....

Obviously I just want the game to work properly....lol. That's all...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sirdoeboy01 said:

I just did a fresh run of episode 2 to test something. If you don't pick up the note in the dam for the Alan's cave hidden cache and then go get Jeremiah's trust to 50 you get the flare quest to show up correctly, but after that if you go get the note in the dam for the Alan's cave hidden cache it won't show up. So again i did this again and got the note first, which made the Alan's cave hidden cache show up, went back to Jeremiah got him 50 trust and no flare cache quest. So somehow these two caches are breaking each other. (Tested on ps4 v.1.12)

This is actually valuable information and might point the devs in the right direction. Did you open a bug report with this description?
http://www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/forum/93-report-a-bug/

No need to register, just copy that text into it and maybe they will finally be able to fix this. Haven't played story for 3 days now :(

28 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

This is actually valuable information and might point the devs in the right direction. Did you open a bug report with this description?
http://www.hinterlandforums.com/forums/forum/93-report-a-bug/

No need to register, just copy that text into it and maybe they will finally be able to fix this. Haven't played story for 3 days now :(

I quoted the post where he said he submitted it already, m8....

I still think someone should summon Patrick or something, to make sure he knows so he can make sure he tells the coders about it before the next patch is released. Odds are then Allan's cache will be broken. Then we will have to wait another week or however long that will take to fix....

I too am getting very tired of waiting for this to be patched, and I really don't want to wait even longer after that....

I'll pass it on myself.... this information is too important for it not to be passed along...

@Patrick Carlson  @Mel Guille  @admin

@Sirdoeboy01 just discovered a link between the Cache for Allan's Cave and the flare cache from Jerimiah's 50 trust reward. Patrick, you can either go back and pick up from when you were last in the thread or you can read my summary of Sirdieboy01's discovery to save time:

In summation he started a run where he didn't pick up the note for Allan's cache in the Carter Dam during the first quest to get Jerimiah meds so he will talk to you.

Then after giving him meds, he got 50 trust with Jerimiah and got the quest for the flare cache, and it WAS in the journal and the cache WAS in the game, and he COULD collect the cache...

BUT when he went back to the dam to get Allan's note, then that cache was broken and wasn't present in Allan's cave anymore, BUT it had been on the previous run and he WAS able to collect it.

SO he started a new game again and went to the Dam and got the note for Allan's Cache, and then brought the meds to Jerimiah, and then got his trust up to 50 to get Jerimiah's flare cache and then that quest was broken again...and there was NO flare cache present in the game.

So two patches ago when the flare quest was "fixed" it was fixed in a way that excludes it from working with the side quest to find all the caches. It only works independently as the only cache....not with the other caches....and getting it FIRST even breaks the quests for other caches.

The problem is when you play Episode 2 as a normal player, Jerimiah won't talk to you because he is injured until you get him the meds. So you HAVE to go to the Dam first. If you are a good looter, you aren't going to NOT pick up and read the cache for Allan's cave and doing that somehow breaks Jerimiah's flare cache.

I'm thinking the person who fixed it, did fix it, but forgot to add that quest to the general "find the all the caches side quest" as a whole....so it's still acting like it's broken now....because pretty much everyone notices and picks up the note for Alan's Cache....and many people, myself included, probably pick up Allan's cache on the way back to Jerimiah.

I also figured whomever is trying to fix it now would benefit greatly from knowing all of the above.....

Also, this WAS reported as a bug as well....but Ralph said the bug queue is cleaned out "periodically" so I didn't know if this would be discovered in time to be of use to anyone....so I felt time was of the essence....and that's why I am trying to bring it to your attention sooner rather than later....

The flare cache and Alan's cave cache are mutually exclusive. If you get one you can't get the other. I heard that patch 7 had fixed it for some, but it hasn't for me. I play on Xbox one and I have all of my other side missions completed, except the flare cache, of course. I have been camping out at Jeremiah's for a week wanting to go on to the Renewed Hope mission, but I fear that I won't be able to come back to it if I go. At this point, I can still go and talk to him about flares in the trust storyline. I'm really hoping this gets fixed in a way that I don't have to start episode 2 over. I know the guys @hinterland are working hard and are doing their best. I'm in love with this game. I just want to see what's next. 

10 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

As I said previously, the team is working on this issue - as soon as we have more information to share, we will (as always). And thank you for the additional info present in this thread - it's been passed on. 

Thanks for passing that on, that was my only concern. My fear was Jerimiah's Flare Cache would be fixed in the next patch, but then Allan's Cave Cache would then be broken somehow instead....

Also an update on when you thought this would be straightened out would be cool too. If you look, this thread was started on the 18th which is over 10 days ago now. Many of us have been waiting on playing the game since then. We were hoping v1.12 would address it, but no mention of it was made in the last patch....

8 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Thanks for passing that on, that was my only concern. My fear was Jerimiah's Flare Cache would be fixed in the next patch, but then Allan's Cave Cache would then be broken somehow instead....

Also an update on when you thought this would be straightened out would be cool too. If you look, this thread was started on the 18th which is over 10 days ago now. Many of us have been waiting on playing the game since then. We were hoping v1.12 would address it, but no mention of it was made in the last patch....

Patches and patchnotes are posted here as soon as they are live, essentially. The process is complex and different across different platforms. While we understand your eagerness, we also want to make sure the information we share is accurate, and not speculation about when something is done or not done. As I already mentioned, the flare cache issue is being investigated by the team. We're working on it. Thank you. :coffee:

Just now, Patrick Carlson said:

Patches and patchnotes are posted here as soon as they are live, essentially. The process is complex and different across different platforms. While we understand your eagerness, we also want to make sure the information we share is accurate, and not speculation about when something is done or not done. As I already mentioned, the flare cache issue is being investigated by the team. We're working on it. Thank you. :coffee:

Ok, thanks, @Patrick Carlson!

Just now, feiercrack said:

@Thasador  many thanks!  

Also, i´ve finished the lake gunshots quest. in the diary it says accomplished. but there is still the exclamation mark by the lake...

i had stolen the ammo.. maybe because of this?

thanks, cheers :D

That quest has been pretty buggy as well....I believe they think they patched that one....

Whether you steal the ammo or not causes a response either way and a final note from the Forest Talkers or whatever. I don't know how long you have to wait for the response to occur. I'd check back at the cabin(s) closest to the mark on the map.

Like they thank you for NOT stealing the ammo if you don't....and give you something else....I forget what, and a thank you note....

6 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

@Patrick Carlson you guys are still going to release a patch for the flare cache and the elevator being broken in the last quest in Episode 2 before everyone goes on vacation right?

And what do we do if those things, or something else turns out to be broken? Play something else for a month and come back later?

We have another patch is testing right now. As is always the case, if you have bugs to report or are in search of tech support - please use the posted channels. For bug reports, log them in JIRA here: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

For tech support issues, reach out to support@hinterlandgames.com 

In terms of general community engagement, we'll still be around, just more subdued for a few weeks. Thanks for your understanding. 

Just now, Patrick Carlson said:

We have another patch is testing right now. As is always the case, if you have bugs to report or are in search of tech support - please use the posted channels. For bug reports, log them in JIRA here: https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

For tech support issues, reach out to support@hinterlandgames.com 

In terms of general community engagement, we'll still be around, just more subdued for a few weeks. Thanks for your understanding. 

It's cool, you guys deserve a rest/vacation. It's been a long, stressful, bumpy road to release it sounds like. I was just concerned about this last patch that is supposed to fix the remainder of Episode 2. I was afraid everyone was going to leave the office yesterday and lock up for a month and not release this last patch....lol!

48 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

@Patrick Carlson you guys are still going to release a patch for the flare cache and the elevator being broken in the last quest in Episode 2 before everyone goes on vacation right?

And what do we do if those things, or something else turns out to be broken? Play something else for a month and come back later?

Errrm,  so i shouldnt go for the dam right now if the elevator there is broken?

after i´ve finished the bear, jeremiah send me to the dam.

i should enter the dam when aurora is present.

but i am here for the scond night, inside the dam, waiting in entrance, but there is no aurora...

should i wait any longer?

thx ^^

cheers

50 minutes ago, feiercrack said:

Errrm,  so i shouldnt go for the dam right now if the elevator there is broken?

after i´ve finished the bear, jeremiah send me to the dam.

i should enter the dam when aurora is present.

but i am here for the scond night, inside the dam, waiting in entrance, but there is no aurora...

should i wait any longer?

thx ^^

cheers

Up to you, for some people after the aurora finally appears...when they get to the point where you are supposed to use the elevator, using the elevator instantly ends the aurora and then you can't use the elevator.

It is unclear if it happens to everyone, everytime. So you could give it a go and see if you can finish the episode....

In the event it fails the way I just described above, let me know.....I'm curious...

42 minutes ago, feiercrack said:

@Thrasador

ok, i´ll give it a try...

oh, btw, where is the forge needed to craft the improvised knife and  hatchet?

thx and cheers :-)

You don't HAVE to forge those unless you broke all the regular knives and hatchets....the improvised ones actually are heavier, wear down faster with each use, and do less damage to wolves.

The forge is more for arrowheads in all difficulty levels....but apparently in the story no one teaches Will about bows and arrows, so he has to carry the heavy ass rifle everywhere if he wants to carry a decent projectile weapon....other than the flare gun which can be hard to aim.

The improvised tools are mostly for Interloper difficulty,  as there are no knives and hatchets in Interloper....and no rifle.

There is a forge in Forlorn Muskeg at the Spence Family Homestead....which is in the far southern middle of the map. The entrance to Mystery Lake would be East, Broken Railroad is West, the radio tower and waterfall cave are North, and the broken down barn with the forge is South.

There is also a forge in the Riken, which is an old whaling ship stuck in the ice, in Desolation Point.....but you cannot get to that forge in the Story mode.....

13 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

You don't HAVE to forge those unless you broke all the regular knives and hatchets....the improvised ones actually are heavier, wear down faster with each use, and do less damage to wolves.

The forge is more for arrowheads in all difficulty levels....but apparently in the story no one teaches Will about bows and arrows, so he has to carry the heavy ass rifle everywhere if he wants to carry a decent projectile weapon....other than the flare gun which can be hard to aim.

The improvised tools are mostly for Interloper difficulty,  as there are no knives and hatchets in Interloper....and no rifle.

There is a forge in Forlorn Muskeg at the Spence Family Homestead....which is in the far southern middle of the map. The entrance to Mystery Lake would be East, Broken Railroad is West, the radio tower and waterfall cave are North, and the broken down barn with the forge is South.

There is also a forge in the Riken, which is an old whaling ship stuck in the ice, in Desolation Point.....but you cannot get to that forge in the Story mode.....

@Thrasador

ok, i got it, no forge needed in story mode^^

also i´ve finished episode 2.

Elevator works fine.

I´ve entered the big room, after opening the elevator. DONT go through the 2 door EXIT in the big factory hall. It will glitch you out!  (u will teleport to the main entrance)

Just go upstairs there, and use the rope to  climb down and enter that submarine door next.

luckily i had an save game ;-)

then i went through all the rooms in the dam.

And the final end scene was without any video. it was pitch black with subtitles only!  But i was watching an youtube video, to see the final of EP2 :D

I was playing on DX11 mode on my ASUS  Curved PG348Q  Monitor  (34") 21:9 Ultra-wide QHD (3440x1440)... maybe thats why no video in endscene...

Last Thing:

A few hours ago i got an new achievement, which is NOT shown up in steam. It looks like an shoe with wings, in green-white, kinda that... any clue?

thx & cheers ^^

10 minutes ago, feiercrack said:

@Thrasador

ok, i got it, no forge needed in story mode^^

also i´ve finished episode 2.

Elevator works fine.

I´ve entered the big room, after opening the elevator. DONT go through the 2 door EXIT in the big factory hall. It will glitch you out!  (u will teleport to the main entrance)

Just go upstairs there, and use the rope to  climb down and enter that submarine door next.

luckily i had an save game ;-)

then i went through all the rooms in the dam.

And the final end scene was without any video. it was pitch black with subtitles only!  But i was watching an youtube video, to see the final of EP2 :D

I was playing on DX11 mode on my ASUS  Curved PG348Q  Monitor  (34") 21:9 Ultra-wide QHD (3440x1440)... maybe thats why no video in endscene...

Last Thing:

A few hours ago i got an new achievement, which is NOT shown up in steam. It looks like an shoe with wings, in green-white, kinda that... any clue?

thx & cheers ^^

Not sure about the achievement....it's probably for finishing Episode 2.

Sounds like you finished it, but found/experienced two bugs. The teleportation door, and the final cutscene didn't play properly....

Archived