What about The Long Dark gives you nightmares?

Stormwolf1O1

What about the Long Dark is the scariest?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Yes, DO NOT ENGAGE, they are a death sentence unless you exploit their AI and shoot them on top of things. 

The are black and green and have bright glowing eyes, the cutscene for getting attacked is unreal 

591429_1291481246014_full.jpg.6d5e6968b588619ad744c8b580ae2252.jpg

Not unlike this, but with the aurora waving in the sky above.

Is that the Balto bear

31 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Yup! 

Equally terrifying, except we cant drown them in TLD.

You know what I just did? Saw under mastered cooking benefits that you can't get food poisoning anymore. Ate some raw meat without thinking. Got food poisoning. No antibiotics. Died.

20 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

You know what I just did? Saw under mastered cooking benefits that you can't get food poisoning anymore. Ate some raw meat without thinking. Got food poisoning. No antibiotics. Died.

Hehehe.. read those benefits more carefully.. it says your cooking never makes you sick. So long as it's cooked (or processed) food, low-condition food won't make you sick. But raw meat, well, that's a different story.

19 minutes ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

It means any food you cook wont infect you... but I can see how it was misleading. 

When i have extra meat, I wait till its low condition before i cook it because it slaps on an extra 50 condition when you cook it, so a 10 condition steak turns into a 60 percent one.

Just now, MarrowStone said:

It means any food you cook wont infect you... but I can see how it was misleading. 

When i have extra meat, I wait till its low condition before i cook it because it slaps on an extra 50 condition when you cook it, so a 10 condition steak turns into a 60 percent one.

I've noticed that, makes having 0% condition raw meat in the game kind of pointless if you ask me lol.

I'm so glad I was combing the threads today re: glowing wolves. I am stuck at the Eco hunters lodge I think something is bugged about finding more info to move the quests along…ANYWAY! 

Green wolves! Omgosh! I thought the game was bugged back at the rail repair:wolf::wolf:

I quit and reloaded a couple times at my save point. Can not imagine the creepy green glowing bear chasing me!! Wolves were bad enough with only a flare gun! :flaregun:

I'm assuming they spawn in sandbox also. Yes?

5 minutes ago, Mike in GA said:

I'm so glad I was combing the threads today re: glowing wolves. I am stuck at the Eco hunters lodge I think something is bugged about finding more info to move the quests along…ANYWAY! 

Green wolves! Omgosh! I thought the game was bugged back at the rail repair:wolf::wolf:

I quit and reloaded a couple times at my save point. Can not imagine the creepy green glowing bear chasing me!! Wolves were bad enough with only a flare gun! :flaregun:

I'm assuming they spawn in sandbox also. Yes?

Yes, Aurora is very frequent at night in Sandbox mode. Aurora bears and wolves spawn regularly as they do in story mode. 

What part of the that quest are you stuck on? I apparently made the mistake of grabbing the rifle from the Hunter's Lodge and moving on, instead of also grabbing the flashlight (from the basement, I think). I believe there is a cutscene there that triggers progress in the quest.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:22 PM, SnowWalker said:

<snip>

You missed one though...Freak snow storm, white out. You can't see and you don't have all that you need to survive through it. It's happend to me a couple times and once, it killed me.

Then there is the opposite, black out.  In Mystery Lake I stayed out too long and the daylight just disappeared...*poof*  Not even any stars out, only blackness.  I had made it to the rail, which was a point in my favor, and had a flare. But even that was not enough. The flare was more only good for keeping the wolves at bay as it didn't illuminate anything beyond maybe two feet on either side. There was no way I could tell where the way to Camp Office was.  If I misjudged one turn and wasted flare time, it would have been doom for me.

When the flare began to fade, I decided to try, turned right and made my way. Just as it began to really snow, that beautiful building came into view.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:47 PM, Stormwolf1O1 said:

For me, it's this:maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.2ab02b25c7646f0cc15945de041cd8be.jpg

That terrified me from day one(Heck, all of Carter Dam then gave me the willies. I haven't been there since Wintermute started). What made it even worse is one time Fluffy just came down and walked right by me. Scared the bejeezus out of me. It was during the second day of game, so I think she had just spawned. Soon as I found her back in her usual spot down by the turbines, she was unhappy with me invading her personal space.

1 minute ago, Samsonguy920 said:

That terrified me from day one(Heck, all of Carter Dam then gave me the willies. I haven't been there since Wintermute started). What made it even worse is one time Fluffy just came down and walked right by me. Scared the bejeezus out of me. It was during the second day of game, so I think she had just spawned. Soon as I found her back in her usual spot down by the turbines, she was unhappy with me invading her personal space.

I go into the Dam on every playthrough now, since I started playing again upon the release of Wintermute. I've been in the Dam at least 10 different times since then, and have not seen Fluffy once. I think she's gone.

1 minute ago, Stormwolf1O1 said:

I go into the Dam on every playthrough now, since I started playing again upon the release of Wintermute. I've been in the Dam at least 10 different times since then, and have not seen Fluffy once. I think she's gone.

She is gone, according to Hinterland... or, at least "moved".  Take that as you will.

Archived