Interloper: Hacksaw not guaranteed?

ChillPlayer

I wanted to make a TWM-only Interloper run but when I got into the Mountaineers Hut there was no Hacksaw in it, not even a bad one. That's quite the bummer. I believe I've never had the Hacksaw lacking in the M-Hut, that's why I thought it's a guaranteed spawnpoint. Apparently it's not :( Anyone else had the Hacksaw not spawn in the hut, is this common? The few times I visited TWM on my previous Interloper runs it was always there.

13 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Yeah I've got the Hammer which doesn't help much. And now every new game I start spawns me on every map but TWM, argh. Next time I manage to spawn there and the Saw will be missing I'll try to make it to the Summit, the Hacksaw there must be guaranteed.

No  Guarantees.  I don't have all the variations available now, but when I get home I will post them. 

21 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I wanted to make a TWM-only Interloper run but when I got into the Mountaineers Hut there was no Hacksaw in it, not even a bad one. That's quite the bummer. I believe I've never had the Hacksaw lacking in the M-Hut, that's why I thought it's a guaranteed spawnpoint. Apparently it's not :( Anyone else had the Hacksaw not spawn in the hut, is this common? The few times I visited TWM on my previous Interloper runs it was always there.

Read through @Drifter Man's "Snowballs in Hell", all the info is there. It's pivotal to go straight to the Summit after the Hut, and there is a little trick you have to apply...

On 8/12/2017 at 7:23 AM, ChillPlayer said:

Anyone else had the Hacksaw not spawn in the hut, is this common? The few times I visited TWM on my previous Interloper runs it was always there.

These are the different combinations that I know of:

1. Hammer in fishing hut, lantern by Wing, magny by cave corpse (not sure if always)

2. Hacksaw in MH, hammer in Tail Section

3. Magny in MH, hacksaw in Tail Section

4. Hammer in MH, hacksaw in Tail Section, lantern in fishing hut

5. 20 Cardboard Matches in MH (along with the wood matches that are always there), didn't make the trip up

6. None of these items in the lower part of the map, so I didn't check the summit

Also, a fire striker, matches and accelerant are always in the tail section, wood matches are always in the 3-way cave, and there's always a flare in one of the caves.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Well.. it IS called a "rare loot table". So it only has the hard-to-find essentials listed.

Well.. that's what I was speaking about :D

Like the Mag Lense in CampOffice, the Firestriker in the Hunter's Blind at Lonely Pond or behind Jackrabbit's in CH, the Heavy Hammer in FM by the burned down houses near the Forge, Bedroll in Winding River and so on and on.

Sadly the sheet is locked so the community can't help out, I think this should be a community effort to have a comprehensible list.

1 hour ago, ChillPlayer said:

Sadly the sheet is locked so the community can't help out, I think this should be a community effort to have a comprehensible list.

So why not put that suggestion to the creator of it? You never know, they might agree with you.

Edit: I do take it that you meant "comprehensive", when you wrote "comprehensible"? Because there's nothing incomprehensible about it.. it's very clear and easy to use.

58 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Like the Mag Lense in CampOffice, the Firestriker in the Hunter's Blind at Lonely Pond or behind Jackrabbit's in CH, the Heavy Hammer in FM by the burned down houses near the Forge, Bedroll in Winding River and so on and on.

The Mag Lens is shown in CampOffice on sheets RLT2 and RLT3. The Firestriker in the Hunter's Blind on sheet RLT3, the Firestriker behind Jackrabbit's on sheet RLT2, the Heavy Hammer in FM is missing, the bedroll in Winding River on sheet RLT3.

Did you maybe not realise there's more than one sheet in the spreadsheet? There appear to be four possible combinations/sets of loot spawns generated by the game. Once you have located 1 or 2 items, based on where they were found, you know which set you're playing with, and you'll know where to find all the other key items on that run. It's a lot more comprehensive than you may have thought.

VERY good job, catching the missing Heavy Hammer in FM. You might want to contact the creator, so they can update it. :)

(Of course, first someone needs to figure out which of the four possible sets the HH in FM belongs to. ;))

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

The Mag Lens is shown in CampOffice on sheets RLT2 and RLT3.

oh I did miss that indeed and yes I ment comprehensive, sry was on my first coffee this morning after returning from a week on a heavy metal festival :D

Okay I see it contains more info than I initially recognized, good job indeed. Are you the creator of that sheet?

2 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

Are you the creator of that sheet?

Nah.. I'm not that good.. I'm still trying to get the hang of Stalker. Vancalar and Atheenon are the names associated with it. It was @Fuarian who first posted it in these forums.. I'm just helping spread it around to a wider audience.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:19 AM, ChillPlayer said:

Sadly the sheet is locked so the community can't help out

@ChillPlayer, if it helps you at all my friend, the complete spreadsheet with the (4) loot tables could be downloaded and you could add any information you feel is needed.
(This spreadsheet is not "locked" or protected, you may simply enable editing as there is no password protection...just give credit to original creators.)
Good luck my good friend! :coffee: 

Archived