Books for archery and mending

Rifleman

2 hours ago, alone sniper said:

Is archery book common IRL? 

Well, depends on how you define 'common'. The most 'common' books in the west are probably those cheap romantic novels you can get at gas stations, followed by the Bible and IKEA cataloges. Then again, most bookstores have a surprisingly large variety of topics, including relatively fringe topics such as archery. Finding one of those in the area wouldn't be much surprising.

Books on mending, i.e. sewing and fixing stuff should be pretty common - I have a few books on sewing a friend of mine gave when I created the gear for my first LARP character.

7 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

Archery skillbook should be a thing. I think mending should be diverse. Meaning for repairing everything. Like tools and such.

i agree keep archery out of mending - how did it get in it first place -  just saying? bow mending maybe? those books.

Hacksaws can already be repaired, they require scrap metal and quality tools IIRC. Tool boxes are consumables, like sewing kits, and their degradation is intentional.
Regarding storm lanterns, see my post regarding Equipment Maintenance

As for more skill books, +1, definitely want to see more books. Also the ability to orient them on edge, so we can shelve them properly, or at least stack them.

There is a pretty significant difference between reading about archery and actually implementing it.

Archery is one of those things that you can only really get better at by .... well, doing it. I can read about proper stance and how to load a bow onto my back muscles all day long, but until I actually go out and practice, all that reading is worth bupkis.

2 minutes ago, Fluffy23 said:

The devs should also add a advance book for archery. Like how there are 2 research books for the rifle. The 2nd book is soo rare that the long dark wiki hasn't discovered this book

@Patrick Carlson can confirm that there is a second book for the rifle.

Yes, for the Rifle skill there is a Basic Book and an Advanced Book currently. I'm sure some of you have come across it. It has a unique title. :)

2 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Yes, for the Rifle skill there is a Basic Book and an Advanced Book currently. I'm sure some of you have come across it. It has a unique title. :)

Is the advance book a random spawn or is it placed by the devs?

Archived