Movable containers

tnbp

I know this has been suggested before but I wanted to revive the conversation about it.

I'd still like to see the ability to move at least containers around the game world (backpacks as well as metal and plastic containers.)  It would help with organization in base camps and also help battle degradation of items (as I understand that they degrade faster outside of storage.)

On top of that, for all of us who are storing our food on the ground outside to battle degradation rates there, it would allow for better organization while also making me not eat off the ground. :P

I think they Should implement scavengers taking the meat, thatd open up an option to craft say, a food locker. And if we get the option to move storage containers, we could even find one!

locker-std.jpg.26733bd99f6dc826db2754b21

This would be one of the found ones. 

A crafted one would have to be strung up in a tree since you cant realistically craft something this durable.

That current completely broken feature of storing food just outside of the door is one thing that has been bugging me the most lately.

Wolves are extremely aggressive towards player, but are apparently completely disinterested in meat just laying on the ground, unless its used as bait and thrown right under them. Huh ?!?!!?

Player has to cook meat and boil water to get rid of bacteria(to reduce chance of poisoning), but apparently leaving meat in the snow(that you otherwise have to boil to make safe, but meat laying in it is completely safe) outside open to all elements is completely ok and does not effect its state in any way.

Having stacks of frozen meat neither get it eaten not it even attracts wildlife.

Mysteries of tLD.

4 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

That current completely broken feature of storing food just outside of the door is one thing that has been bugging me the most lately.

Wolves are extremely aggressive towards player, but are apparently completely disinterested in meat just laying on the ground, unless its used as bait and thrown right under them. Huh ?!?!!?

Player has to cook meat and boil water to get rid of bacteria(to reduce chance of poisoning), but apparently leaving meat in the snow(that you otherwise have to boil to make safe, but meat laying in it is completely safe) outside open to all elements is completely ok and does not effect its state in any way.

Having stacks of frozen meat neither get it eaten not it even attracts wildlife.

Mysteries of tLD.

Yup.  I agree on all counts.

5 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

After a whole day of bagging and frying up several fish at the Fishing Village on C.H. I dumped them outside on the porch the cabin I decided to reside in and bedded down for the night.  Woke up the next morning and felt hungry, so I opened up the door.  Standing in-front me was a big ol' black bear, plodding right over my breakfast without so much as a glance down at them, let alone a sniff or a nibble.  

That's shouldn't have happened; that bear should have been gulping those guppies down like chicken nuggets!  

Bears have an incredible sense of smell (better than the average dog in most cases) and could have easily smelled those oily morsels from over a mile away, not mention black bears aren't active during the winter unless they are either starving or agitated.  Regardless, no bear in their right mind would pass up a free meal like that!  :durbear:

I totally agree, although the trunk of the car outside the house I'm currently using as base in the CH town has proven use-full and makes sense. So you know I play pilgrim for the most life-like wolves (run away unless provoked). Wish they had a game mode with the animal behave r as it with more realistic item rarity.

Would be great if, whenever you drop meat or fish outside (or even inside), it would automatically put it in some kind of plastic bag or maybe even a newspaper(?).

I'm still not sure about the dozens of plastic bottles spawning whenever you drop water, but if we follow the same logic, you could also package meat in a new plastic bag before you drop it. If I ever carry fresh meat around, I definitely wouldn't throw it on the ground or even in a desk drawer without some kind of protection against the elements and/or animals.

I have always thought of the water bottles as simply an avatar for whatever you are actually using to hold water. The water bottle could actually be empty beer cans, ketchup bottles, bleach jugs or even water bottles.

I do like the idea of movable containers. Specifically the metal or plastic ones often found on shelves or under beds. Or let me drag a filing cabinet outside the door.

On a purely selfish note; I would like to be able to drag one of those giant containers on TWM back to the mountaineers hut and use it as a hot tub. Just because we're cold, starving  and alone, doesn't mean we are uncivilized.

On 20/09/2016 at 7:37 PM, Dirmagnos said:

Mysteries of tLD.

It's really a problem I think. When we put food outside, there should be a disadvantage of attracting carnivorous. It's a big non-sense 

Archived