Old times !!!

alone sniper

6 minutes ago, KD7BCH said:

Two of my favorites from back in the day. 3sYSHAu.jpg

QED39HA.jpg

Beautiful pictures and nice choice, but I'm sort of glad the latter screenshot isn't part of the game anymore - I appreciate Christmas as much as anyone, but it has no place in TLD ;) Love the artwork on the moon though!

9 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

can someone explain to me about the old mechanics? i'm a newer player to this game, from when it was first added to xbox preview, and i'd love a good story time from some of you veterans! :D for example what was the "forage wood" button all about?

You could repair your  gun with 1 fir and 1 scrap metal !!! 
Can opener was Bad , REAL BAD  !!!
10 % degree per usage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/5/2016 at 0:42 PM, alone sniper said:

It was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad !!! 

You forage wood for an hour (1000 Cal per hour ) And you get 1 reclaimed wood !!

I don't recall it working quite like that but you would be able to go anyplace outside, and hit the button and it was a direct timesink. You'd get a selectable number of pieces of wood depending on how much time you were going to put in up to 5 pieces. Basically it was simulating you chopping wood abstractly without there being any wood in the immediate local area. 

Besides being woefully less realistic the only positive was you could build a fire, and feed that fire for hours while harvesting wood almost indefinitely. 

I remember in earlier version you had to be prepared for everything and everything. Storms could swoop in in less than an hour in game time and make visibility just as bad as a heavy fog. When your condition was below 10 percent and it was nightime you couldnt see anything at all.

I remember my first death being me trying to trudge my way inside the trappers cabin during a blizzard with a sprained ankle... i died because i couldnt find the door. (It was my first time seeing the cabin outside of the main menu)

I died just feet from the front door... 

On 09/09/2016 at 5:42 AM, MarrowStone said:

I remember in earlier version you had to be prepared for everything and everything. Storms could swoop in in less than an hour in game time and make visibility just as bad as a heavy fog. When your condition was below 10 percent and it was nightime you couldnt see anything at all.

I remember my first death being me trying to trudge my way inside the trappers cabin during a blizzard with a sprained ankle... i died because i couldnt find the door. (It was my first time seeing the cabin outside of the main menu)

I died just feet from the front door... 

Lol. I remember also my first death. I failed to start a fire 6 times in a row. I didn't understand the wind mechanic. When I had understood, the wind changed direction and made fail me 6 times too.

Archived