New location audio cue/ music opinions

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else a bit disappointed with the new audio cue when you discover a new location? The new twangy guitar cue sounds a bit "Wild West" desert to me rather than frozen wilderness which I really think the old audio cue captured.

For those of you who can't remember the old cue, it's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nct5WeYe0X0&feature=youtu.be&t=5m27s

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

I think the first build I played on TLD was the TWM update. My original thoughts were that the music was used in a super minimalist way and I really enjoyed it. The character voice was also weird to hear. I though the later to be odd, as you don't hire a top voice actor for just a few lines, but in any case I thought it was cool. 

Later, I don't remember when, an update was released with a fix to sound queues not being triggered propperly, and we started to have music queues pretty much constantly. I like the 2 hours to sunset warning, but I think the game worked better with less music and voice (specially voice). As usual, a simple matter of tuning, should be easy to find the middle ground. 

I don't mind the character talking to himself, I do it all the time. But I've had the music muted since hour 2 of over a 100 hours. To me the lack of music fits well with the lack of HUD. 

Anyway, I gave them a listen and if your a fan of the music the older one seemed better to me as well.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Soundtracks from the game will be available after full release. Keep in mind Story Mode will have its own music as well. :)

Like this? 

on a more serious note, I personally felt the first one was too bleak for my taste, I wish there as a little bit of humor in this game, it's awesome, but I wish our character had s little more wit. I mean, he's the voice of captain Shepard!

Archived