Make NPCs Optional

MarrowStone

I know this is just an aspiration on the changelist a the moment and everyone is kind of stoked for the possibility to interact with npcs in the sandbox, and dont get me wrong, i am too, but can we make that an optional thing?

Heres why

The sandbox has proven to be beautiful and even slightly narrative in itself; a game where its only you vs. Nature. The beauty of the loneliness and dread is something i am afraid might go away with the incorperation of any two-legged character other than yourself. 

Does anyone have similar thoughts? Maybe when starting a new sandbox itll gove you two modes, one of which is called "ALONE" in which you wont see any npcs, but it will opt you out of the leader boards as a consequence of being easier. Or have its own leaderboard. (Edit: leaderboards are now disabled so this wont matter anymore)

1 hour ago, Dirmagnos said:

Id like to have NPCs in the sandbox, unless were talking those lame classic-rpg traders or "quest-givers", that exist there purely for player pleasure. And yes, optional would be nice.

dont get me wrong, i want them too, I just want an "Alone" mode to go with it 

Archived