[fixed] #2986 - v.280 Game time stopped advancing?

Pumpgunner

Just encountered a weird bug-I loaded a save in Pleasant Valley that dropped me into the game just after dark. I slept for about 9 hours and then woke up and everything was still dark-wandered around for a bit and when the sun didn't come up I slept for another 4 hours-still dark. Checked my survival time and found out that it wasn't advancing at all-I'm stuck at 23 days 8 hours and 37 minutes. I tried going into different buildings to go through a loading screen but that didn't seem to help any. Any ideas?

[align=center]The Studio Is Aware Of The Game Time Stopping Issue

& Are Working On The Fix Now[/align]

[align=center]The tech team are aware of the issue triggered by a time setting, and are working on it right now.

They will provide updated information as soon as they have it hotfixed.[/align]

[align=center]Thank You :)[/align]

I've just encountered this as well. PC version - in fishing cabin in CH. Slept 1 hr to save game then left game about 9:30 this morning. When I loaded the game this afternoon it said 2 hrs left of darkness - I've slept 3 hrs two times and it still says 2 hrs darkness remaining. I did get thirsty, though - I think?

update - i tried a new game spawning in PV and it's not advancing either. Stuck at 4 hrs daylight remaining.

Note - I noticed the jack-o-lantern glowing when I logged in this afternoon and first found the time broken problem.

Thanks for reporting, glad I'm not the only one. I'm currently at Mystery Lake in the Office. The issue however remains if a new game is started. It doesn't seem to matter in what region you are or what time of the day. Hope Hinterland can fix that soon.

Same here, logged out in the Farmhouse, Pleasant Valley... food and drinking is still working ....

After 30 hours it is still dark ... tried to relogg, tried to go outside and back to the farmhouise... Time still stopped at 102 days 19 hours 32 minutes

Just logged in to play some Long Dark. I am in Mystery Lake, in the camp office. I have 2 hours of darkness left, and when I sleep for 3 hours I remain in the Dark and STILL have 2 hours of darkness left. I have tried this multiple times and am STUCK in this mode? What has happened?

HEY!

Do you even read what the Devs are answering!?!???

What the heck is wrong with you People!?!??

What else should they tell you???

[glow=red]THEY KNOW ABOUT AND ARE WORKING ON IT!!!![/glow]

Got it now!?!??

[align=center]The tech team are aware of the issue triggered by a Halloween time setting.

They are working on it right now, and will provide updated info as soon as they have it hotfixed.[/align]

[align=center]The tech team are aware of the issue triggered by a Halloween time setting.

They are working on it right now, and will provide updated info as soon as they have it hotfixed.[/align]

You can use all the pretty colors you want, but this bug is making the game unplayable for many people and that means people are going to keep commenting in this post.

Oh, and I have this problem too. Wish I was stuck at 4 hours of daylight left like ldreyer, then I could keep playing.

Nice job on the pumpkin lantern though!

Just for the record, I do not mind if the game is still unplayable - just getting an update every now and again is a nice gesture, that's all. Not asking for one every 5 minutes, but something reasonable?

I've worked in Information Technology for over fifteen years - I know the drill.

You can use all the pretty colors you want, but this bug is making the game unplayable for many people and that means people are going to keep commenting in this post.

I realize they will continue to post - I repeat the large colored notice because a lot of players only arrive or read mid post, and aren't necessarily aware the team is actively working on it. ;)

Same here. Occured after starting a new game in Mystery lake in Trappers homestead. I have slept for 6 hours but it says that my survival time is less than 1 minute. It also says that there are 2 hours of darkness left. Restarting the game does not help. I tried to load another save and also in that save I have 2 hours left of darkness and time stand still. I know that it was not 2 hours of darkness left when saving. Windows 10.

Archived