[fixed] #2986 - v.280 Game time stopped advancing?

Pumpgunner

The good news: v282 fixes the time issue.

The bad news: v282 adds a new time issue. This time, I wandered around the area west of the barn at PV. Was getting close to nighttime, so I settled into one of the abandoned small barns, lit a fire, added enough fuel for 6 hours. Cooked a tin of beans. Tin of beans disappears. Look at the fire; it's got six minutes left.

And there's still just under an hour of daylight left eg no time had really passed.

Oh dear. Post this as new bug, or keep on this thread?

EDIT: I have posted as a new thread.

The good news: v282 fixes the time issue.

The bad news: v282 adds a new time issue. This time, I wandered around the area west of the barn at PV. Was getting close to nighttime, so I settled into one of the abandoned small barns, lit a fire, added enough fuel for 6 hours. Cooked a tin of beans. Tin of beans disappears. Look at the fire; it's got six minutes left.

Are you certain there was no wind where you were sitting? Winds still hit barns - they're exposed...

I'm going to test this now and post my findings in the meantime.

EDIT:

I tried to replicate this in an outdoor fire and I cooked the same item with a 1 hour campfire - it cooked normally, did not disappear and it only subtracted 10 minutes of life from the fire...

I think wind was hitting your fire, dude - though I cannot explain why you lost the tin of beans...

I just checked with the devs and they said that it sounds like the fire blew out...

If it continues to happen, post in the new bug thread you made (Thanks - it helps having the new threads for new bugs), and I'll create a bug ticket.

Thanks Again :)

I think wind was hitting your fire, dude - though I cannot explain why you lost the tin of beans...

More detail here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=8859

TLDR; fires have twice suddenlly dropped to 5-6 minutes left whilst in Inventory, but I could leave them burning happiliy away, go for a walk, come back, still burning happily. And if I slept next to them, they didn't burn out half as quickly as they should have done.

Wonder if something has not quite been fixed properly in the timing code.

And I lost my beans. Still upset about that.

Archived