All item lost, game reset all loot

b1ad3runner

Im on my 4th run, run 3 I survived 35days or so. started my 4th run collected alot of loot in pleasant valley, set up base in farmstead. I have killed a bear filled freezer with meat and walked out of farmstead, realise i forgot my gun went back in farmstead and all my loot is gone!!! I still posses everything i had on my person but all my skins everything that was stored in farmstead has dissapeared and it looks like all the loot has been reset so that everything needs searched and looted again. The game has pretty much reset itself except for what i have in inventory, and i been alive for 12days still but the whole level needs relooting.

Pretty gamebreaking bug that needs addressed.

xbox one launch console, 50mb connection, any other info you need let me know

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same thing just happened to me on day 29 at the Mystery Lake Camp Office. I had explored and looted all areas, killed a couple of bears and deer, etc and had stocked up a few base camps with food and hides to cure. I just entered the Camp Office and all of my loot is gone. I tried exiting and entering through the other door but no luck.

I have bases full of loot at the Trapper's Homestead, PV Farnhouse and CH Gas Station too. Has this bug just reset everything?

Update - I headed back to Trapper's Homestead and all of my stuff was still there. I'm hoping the bug just affected the Camp Office.

Ok, so around 30 days in and I had loaded the farmhouse fridge with tons of cooked bear meat and was curing multiple deer, bear and rabbit skins and lots of guts. But I rest in the bed for 9 hours then after waking quit the game through the menu, then went to Xbox home. I load the game without the internet working by accident and appeared in the farmhouse but all the stored items in the fridge and other cupboards etc reset (so unsearched). I try quitting without saving and loading connected to the Internet, it attempts to sync but still produces the same result. So annoyed! Lost so much stuff! Not happened before. Latest Xbox version as at today. Pretty critical bug which needs fixing. Gonna probably wait for story mode before playing again. Got too far, lost too much! If further info (Xbox user name) needed let me know.

Guest mcopeman

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear your interior reset. Is the game being played with multiple users? I'm going to look into this and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Melody~

Guest mcopeman

Any more information about this would be helpful!

- Are you playing in offline mode?

- What commands are you using to get into and out of the game?

- Are there multiple players playing TLD on your xbox?

- What is happening before these interiors reset?

- Anything else you can think of that might be triggering this?

Melody~

This has happend to me twice now first on 34 days on coast just after bear attack had to do short rest got back to coastel house everything gone execpt wat i was carrying complete reset all buildings but it saves on entry so nothing i could do didnt live long enough to find out if original mystery lake reset also .Happened again today on day 40+ coastel again but my load was in coastel house i just quit and reloaded and everything was back seems fine know

This is why I back my saves up (on pc at least). It disqualifies you from scoreboards if used but I don't really care about that. If I lose a save to a bug or corruption in any game I've played for a while it can make me so shitty I don't play it again.

Sure it can be used for save scumming. But wheres the fun in that. Happy to start again if I'm brutally killed. Not if it crashs/bugs out.

I have never had this happen until after the update today. So I load my last save after the update and I'm in the farmhouse. All my stuff is where it should be. I leave the house exiting from the screened in porch, come back an hour later, enter from the same door, and all my stuff is gone.......but.....the farmhouse is restocked with items.

I then leave the house from the same door, go around to the other door, go in, and all my stuff is back. So now I exit from this other door, re-enter from the screen room door, all my stuff is gone again, and the house is restocked. I loot the whole place, exit the screen room door, go around to the other door, go back inside, and all my stuff is back plus I still have all the stuff on me I *re-looted*. I'm not sure if you can keep doing this over and over but I will try it when I get back on TLD tonight

Getting the same thing here. Let me guess what the bug is: when the game loads in a location, it loads an "Instance" Of it. Normally, it would be the one you left it as, but the bug happens from it loading a "Fresh" instance. Also, is the bug exclusively Xbox One, or is it on the PC too?

Yep I am having this same issue and only since the patch (PV farmhouse also). very frustrating especially as it removes my food stash! almost died of hunger as no food in stash and couldn't find any animal to hunt either.

Yep I am having this same issue and only since the patch (PV farmhouse also). very frustrating especially as it removes my food stash! almost died of hunger as no food in stash and couldn't find any animal to hunt either.

NOTE: v.256 isn't a hotfix patch, it's a full game update (with a lot of the core system changed).

Is it happening from a fresh run in the update, or are you using the old game same from a previous version?

I haven't been able to replicate it at this end using a fresh run, but will keep checking and watching for it so I can record it if necessary.

NOTE: v.256 isn't a hotfix patch, it's a full game update (with a lot of the core system changed).

Is it happening from a fresh run in the update, or are you using the old game same from a previous version?

I haven't been able to replicate it at this end using a fresh run, but will keep checking and watching for it so I can record it if necessary.

It's more likely from picking up from an old pre patch game. At least, that's what I've been experiencing.

Yep I am continuing from an old save, time to start a new game then :lol:

Love the changes btw :D

It's just me as the user. I tried again and seemed to be the bug which changes the interior of you enter through a different door. I lost all the items again exiting the door on Farmhouse with the dog house next to it. This was after the latest update was released. Not sure how to get them back, I tried coming in the other doors and didn't work - I fear it's automatically saved over it now as tried a few times. Happened to stuff on the floor and stored in cupboards.

Ok, same thing happened to me on the same day when xbox live was having trouble. I couldn't connect so I chose to play offline, when I got to the game menu it said couldn't retrieve save so I went back to home screen. When I finally connected to xbox live later I went back on the game and the camp office reset and my supplies were gone. I'm guessing it had something to do with xbox live and trying to play whilst offline?

Guest mcopeman
I know it used to be an issue on PC unilateral they patched it but that patch was never released for Xbox so I was worried it would happen to me but it never did. I'm not sure.

XBOX players got the patch with the v.256 update. Unfortunately the fix didn't seem to work for everyone and we are trying to resolve this issue.

Melody~

Archived