All item lost, game reset all loot

b1ad3runner

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey loving the game so far! Been playing it almost everyday since xbox launch and haven't had many problems at all for a preview game. But there is one thing that seems to keep happening, every time I've set up at the PV Farm when I go threw any of the doors it ends up resetting not only the house but the whole game. ( even mystery lake and coastal resets) I've seen people say it's fixed but it still happens to me even if I make a whole new save file. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hello XBOX one user. Newest updated game. Using a pre 2.56 save.

I am 100% of time able to replicate.

Issue: entering the farmhouse from refrigerator door in kitchen causes the game to have a separate instance load with a reset farmhouse. It does not completely reset but it is separate from my 60 day play through.

Entering the front door or the door to the kitchen nearest the table brings my original game instance back. Thank god!. However the reset seems to have reset all other locations including farm house basement and all surrounding locations.

I can elaborate further that Xbox live was having issues signing in and I did load my game during this time which was as you released 2.56.

Love the game. Hope my feedback helps to resolve.

Bobby Swoops

Preface by saying I love the game and understand that it is Alpha so bugs do happen. Not complaining, just want to give you the info so you can work toward fixing this tricky bug that seems to be affecting many people.

Updated to v. 257 before starting play session. Loaded game in Carter Hydro Dam around day 32. Went through Ravine to Coastal Highway and eventually made home base there.

Home Base / Stash: Coastal House at the edge of Coastal Township area. The one with 2 doors, back door from the kitchen opening facing the highway, front door opens on a porch and faces the toward the back of the Gas Station. Faded green paint, Canadian flag by front door, dead guy in the bedroom.

Situation: Around day 40 Left the base to visit Jackrabbit Island to do some trapping. Was gone for several (in-game) days, using house on JR Island as temp. base. Had some items stashed there, also some hides and gut curing on the floor. Saved game by entering the front door (that opens into the living room, not the one with the fenced-in porch outside). Exited game by turning off Xbone from the controller, did not quit to main menu.

Result: Seems like the game has reset all locations. Tried entering/exiting/entering house on JR Island through both doors in all combinations. Went back to home base, everything reset. Tried door entering combos there too, no good. Visited many other buildings which I had previously cleared out (Gas Station, all the houses in Coastal Township, All the ice fishing huts) All have reset.

Again I will say, I'm not complaining and I plan to start a new game, just wanted to give you as much detail as possible so all the Hinterlanders can troubleshoot the bug.

Guest mcopeman
Happened to me on Xbox One GPP. Lost all items in Pleasant Valley Farmhouse. Actually I've done some exploring and the whole map has been reset minus what I was carrying on my person.

Where you playing only in Pleasant Valley or have you explored other zones? How many days have you survived?

Melody~

Hello all,

Seems this bug has been reported before but my experience differs slightly. XB1, voyager mode, v.257. I was on day 37, having cleared mystery lake. I was in the log clearing area in the house closest to the road. I walk out the front door and once it loads I begin falling through the map. The only thing I could see is the sunset, bright and orange filling up the screen with my character continually falling. I could do nothing. I reload the game to everything everywhere having been reset with the exception being whatever I had on me.

I hope this helps and love the game but it was heart wrenching enough to put the game down until seeing a confirmed fix.

-Thanks and happy hunting,

HallROCK

I'm on day 15 and so far everything has reset twice. I had items stored in locker at Trappers homestead, items curing in floor both there and at camp office.

Called back in camp office to collect them as expected them to be cured and really need that bow to start protecting myself from wolves and also to hunt food, all original spawned food had ran out, camp office was reset, all cured items gone, tins freshly spawned and a corpse upstairs that wasn't there before.

Moved on towards Trappers again via tunnel crash which hadn't reset, at the homestead all curing items gone, all the homestead had reset too.

Loving the game, but just wondering if this is likely to continue as it kind of takes away the point of playing right now as there's no long term progression. I haven't successfully cured anything yet due to resets.

Guest mcopeman
I'm on day 15 and so far everything has reset twice. I had items stored in locker at Trappers homestead, items curing in floor both there and at camp office.

Called back in camp office to collect them as expected them to be cured and really need that bow to start protecting myself from wolves and also to hunt food, all original spawned food had ran out, camp office was reset, all cured items gone, tins freshly spawned and a corpse upstairs that wasn't there before.

Moved on towards Trappers again via tunnel crash which hadn't reset, at the homestead all curing items gone, all the homestead had reset too.

Loving the game, but just wondering if this is likely to continue as it kind of takes away the point of playing right now as there's no long term progression. I haven't successfully cured anything yet due to resets.

Have you tried going through the other door at the camp office? This is being looked into.

Melody~

Happened to me on Xbox One GPP. Lost all items in Pleasant Valley Farmhouse. Actually I've done some exploring and the whole map has been reset minus what I was carrying on my person.

Where you playing only in Pleasant Valley or have you explored other zones? How many days have you survived?

Melody~

I started in Mystery Lake, I had survived about 48 days. Travelled to Pleasant Valley via Coastal Highway. This happened again on another play though, this time at Quonset Gad Station in Coastal Highway. As a side note, both times I had just killed a bear and stores 80+ lbs of cooked bear meat in storage containers.

Happened to me as well in Pleasant Valley Farmstead. I walked in less than 100 percent, and over burdened, going in through the door the screen stayed black, but I still heard my character say I gotta get rid of this stuff. However, the screen kept staying black and after I reload the game, I still had my personal inventory, but all items stored or curing in the farmstead were gone, no matter which door I came in on. It also reset the basement, so I think it was a full world reset except the items I was carrying.

On my 2nd occurrence, the game also does not let me exit back to Xbox home screen, so it may be also be a systemic glitch. It did not have this issue in v.256 even after surviving 80 plus days in multiple regions, so I presume it has something to do with v.257 or v.258 specific to the Xbox version.

I also typically leave the hoods of cars open,but I noticed the 2 times this happened to me, the hood of the car by the farmhouse was closed, so it leads me to believe it's a whole world reset without affecting the inventory of my character.

Pretty much exactly the same thing has happened to me. after a loot run from the dam, I returned to the camp office and saved and turned it off, but when I loaded it the next morning it reset all the loot. 5 hours of solid game play and setting myself up, 12 days of survival in one go and then everything apart from things in my direct inventory just disappears. Absolutely fuming. I don't even want to play it anymore.

Ok, encountered a different version of this glitch now. When I entered the farmstead, all my personal items were duplicated, but the game world itself reset. The alpha is now unplayable for me. A lot of in game work has gone by the way side. Please fix this fast. Love the game, hate these bugs now. Previous versions were a lot more stable

This just happened to me as well when I logged in tonight to play for a while. I had been alive for 104 days, not even restarting once due to death since I got the game on Xbox. I started in Mystery Lake but moved to CH then to PV, where I spent most of the time I played.

The house was the farmhouse. The entire map is reset. I lost everything except what was on me, which isn't that much. I understand this is an alpha and these things happen so I'll leave this at a vigorous fist in the air shaking at you.

Guest mcopeman

Hey guys, we are looking into what is happening here. Any additional info about what was going on in the game when things started to reset would be helpful. We are doing what we can to resolve this problem.

Melody~

Hi melody, I think just going into the farmstead at pleasant valley for a bunch of times would help you encounter the bug. 2 times it happened the screen would just stay black and the game would have to be reloaded. Once reloaded, my items were gone. Other times, i go into the farmstead, my items are duplicated, 2 entries of every item, even if it is the same item. For example, two jugs of water at 1.38L taking up two inventory slots. In all cases, the game world resets, but my items I'm carrying stays intact. It only happens entering and exiting, in my case, the farmstead. It does not happen at the radio tower building or the smaller houses. And, it only happened to me since the recent updates to .258. Never encountered this issue before until recently.

Im not sure if it can be confirmed, but it seems to be happening more when your condition is not 100 percent or in encumbered state.

Guest mcopeman
And just happened again. I have video I took with my iPhone. Is there a place to upload it?

You can send it to melody@hinterlandgames.com or if its not to big you can upload it here on the forums by pressing "quick reply", then "Full Editor" and then at the bottom "Upload attachment".

Archived