THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.29

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.29 (136986) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition) and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam and Epic Games Store. Please note that WINTERMUTE’s version number has not changed. This Hotfix addresses multiple issues introduced in the v.2.28 update for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY.

Bug Fixes

GAMEPLAY, UI, CONTROLS

• Fixed an issue where the time spent in a Region in a pre-existing save would count towards Cougar Threat, and prematurely trigger Cougar Encroaching.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not prompted to opt in/out of Cougar and Scurvy settings when loading a pre-existing save via the Resume button
    • As part of this fix, the first time any save created prior to V2.29 is loaded, the prompt will appear, regardless of whether the player had received it on that save previously.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not prompted to opt in/out of Cougar and Scurvy settings when loading a pre-existing Custom Toolbox save.
    • As part of this fix, upon loading any Custom Toolbox save, all players will be prompted to opt in/out of Cougar and Scurvy settings.
    • Players who opt in to Cougar settings where none existed previously, will have Low Cougar Spawn Chance settings applied.
    • Players who opt in to Scurvy settings will have their Vitamin-C Drain Rate determined by the Base Resource Availability setting of that save. (If Scurvy was set to “Off” during initial Custom Toolbox creation, opting in will not change that setting.)

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our Build Status Page.

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

• Upvote 9
  • Like 2

Nice timing, wasn't expecting this so quickly.  Too bad this doesn't include fixes for cougars getting you inside cars and non-loading buildings though.

Edited by rush247
  • Upvote 1

Happy that I don't have to worry about the Cougar anymore (opted out) and similarly don't have to worry about scurvy (my old save was not subject to it so happy that again am not subject to it).  

Nice, quick remedy.  

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Hinterland.

That was some quick work.  I hope more folks will take a moment to appreciate how fast the turn around time was for this hotfix.

Well done, and thanks again.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

When is this hotfix going to be available for Xbox? Because for me at least, I just tested it and my custom run still won’t allow the options for cougars and scurvy yet. I’m looking forward to playing with cougars and scurvy on my custom run.

• Hinterland
11 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

When is this hotfix going to be available for Xbox? Because for me at least, I just tested it and my custom run still won’t allow the options for cougars and scurvy yet. I’m looking forward to playing with cougars and scurvy on my custom run.

I don't have an ETA at the moment but we'll get it out ASAP. The consoles always take a little longer than Steam, and sometimes (because of that) if we are in a rapid hotfixing cycle we may stack a couple together. I'm not saying that is the case here -- just setting expectations based on previous experience. But we will get the fix out to PS and Xbox ASAP.

• Upvote 7
  • Like 1

Thanks for the speedy hotfix team! For my existing 500+ stalker run I plan on switching off Scurvy, but keeping Cougar switched on 🐈.

I'm happy to hear you have fixed the cougar threat / encroaching timers for existing saves as it will mean I have more time to prepare.

Looking forward to exploring the new region now :)   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

That’s good, now I can resume my custom run and choose to suffer form cougars and scurvy at the same time!

Dude it’s awesome, I was so bummed when scurvy dropped because I had planned that run ahead of the update before knowing about scurvy but i horded all the food and only ate game waiting for part 4 this run has major sentiment as I have finally after playing since early days had a run where I’ve found and collected everything the runs up over 500 days so scurvy and cougar are welcome challenges as I complete the tale get that new gear and await the path to perseverance 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the quick fix!

I'll be honest, I was kinda bummed since I noticed I had scurvy just as I reached Sundered Pass and noticed my health dropping. I went into panic mode and just set out looking for ice to fish through. It was fun to have something that got the pulse going after 490 in game days. I might just opt in for scurvy and carry on looking for fish tonight! 

• Upvote 3

HI!

"Players who opt in to Scurvy settings will have their Vitamin-C Drain Rate determined by the Base Resource Availability setting of that save."

On my existing custom run I have:

-calorie burn rate to medium,

-scurvy rate to medium,

-BRA medium

So will my scurvy drain rate change? As I looked up the scurvy wiki page, till now, I had 10 units drain per day.

Thank you for your response in advance.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2024 at 7:07 PM, Admin said:

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.29 (136986) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition) and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam and Epic Games Store. Please note that WINTERMUTE’s version number has not changed. This Hotfix addresses multiple issues introduced in the v.2.28 update for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY.

Bug Fixes

GAMEPLAY, UI, CONTROLS

• Fixed an issue where the time spent in a Region in a pre-existing save would count towards Cougar Threat, and prematurely trigger Cougar Encroaching.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not prompted to opt in/out of Cougar and Scurvy settings when loading a pre-existing save via the Resume button
    • As part of this fix, the first time any save created prior to V2.29 is loaded, the prompt will appear, regardless of whether the player had received it on that save previously.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not prompted to opt in/out of Cougar and Scurvy settings when loading a pre-existing Custom Toolbox save.
    • As part of this fix, upon loading any Custom Toolbox save, all players will be prompted to opt in/out of Cougar and Scurvy settings.
    • Players who opt in to Cougar settings where none existed previously, will have Low Cougar Spawn Chance settings applied.
    • Players who opt in to Scurvy settings will have their Vitamin-C Drain Rate determined by the Base Resource Availability setting of that save. (If Scurvy was set to “Off” during initial Custom Toolbox creation, opting in will not change that setting.)

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our Build Status Page.

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

There’s no option to opt in for scurvy just the Cougar if you confirm the game just starts I pushed all the buttons there’s no way to get to the scurvy option 🙁 please try and sort this for next patch I was enjoying finally having it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

There’s no option to opt in for scurvy just the Cougar if you confirm the game just starts I pushed all the buttons there’s no way to get to the scurvy option 🙁 please try and sort this for next patch I was enjoying finally having it

I had a triangle on the rhs of the screen pointing right that moved to the page with the scurvy toggle. It was kinda easy to miss though I reckon.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hazelnut said:

I had a triangle on the rhs of the screen pointing right that moved to the page with the scurvy toggle. It was kinda easy to miss though I reckon.

He didn’t miss a triangle, on my custom “realistic” run, the option for scurvy never appeared as well, it’s an older run that was going pre scurvy, but there must be a continued bug with custom runs, because I was able to toggle both on my other runs. I got a video of me going in to my custom run post hotfix, which it finally let me have cougars but no scurvy.

I pressed the triggers, the bumpers, and the buttons (expect the a and b buttons) to no avail, this is the custom run.

you can see the difference when I try to do this on a interloper run, started before the custom run, before scurvy. Yet it still has the option unlike custom runs.

bfaba501-d7d3-47dd-807a-89f2e250296e.thumb.png.41711716e687df5892c555c89887adf5.png
I hope this clears up the issue for us who play console and custom runs, idk if it works for everyone else, but not for me and enigmaecho

16 hours ago, Hazelnut said:

I’ve tried everything bud there is no arrows or way to scroll you can press x to toggle Cougar a to accept or b to cancel no other inputs on Xbox do anything @Raphael van Lieropshould I file this with support? I’m just gonna start the run now because I want to get the cougar experience before it gets pulled temporarily I need that head wrap haha hopefully we’ll have the option to toggle it next week when the patch removes the Cougar

Edited by Enigmaecho

28 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I’ve tried everything bud there is no arrows or way to scroll you can press x to toggle Cougar a to accept or b to cancel no other inputs on Xbox do anything @Raphael van Lieropshould I file this with support? I’m just gonna start the run now because I want to get the cougar experience before it gets pulled temporarily I need that head wrap haha hopefully we’ll have the option to toggle it next week when the patch removes the Cougar

The update to remove it was there this morning..  

I think that's what it was for anyway

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

The update to remove it was there this morning..  

I think that's what it was for anyway

That won’t apply for us till next week todays patch was to give us the options since they were on by default on release ❤️ but oh I see your point that patch is live so this couldn’t be in it hah oh well I’m still gonna go bag a cougar and hope for the best with scurvy on custom in a later hotfix 🙃

Edited by Enigmaecho