TALES Part Five -- Known Issues

I just remembered a very minor something off from my first day in the new region.

In one of the rare flatbed trucks in the territory - I think it was by the mouth of the collapsed road tunnel from TP, but I can't be certain - there was a very obvious box of revolver ammo sitting in the bed of the truck, but I couldn't grab it. It wasn't out of reach, just had no hitbox. Given what was waiting for me at the end of that long mountain road, that does seem a bit of a tease.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

Ich bin leider auch gefangen im bunker omega und leider sind bei mir auch alle neuen Kleidungsstücke nur mit 0 Prozent Zustand gespawnt  

Adding a copy of a separate thread for visibility

I'm expecting the new feat "Settled Mind" to reduce the time for full book research by 20%. However the total amount of time remains the same, but now requires an extra research action.

For example, an archery book usually requires 5 hours of research. While having "settled mind", I now click on "Research" 6 times (instead of 5) and the time for full book read is still 5 hours. In other words, without the feat you need to do 5x 1h reads, with the feats it's 6x 50mins. The screenshot below shows how you still need one more "Research" even though it says you've completed all 5 hours.

Is there a hope for omega bunker prisoners? Stuck in final location after sleepig like many others.. i know its known issue... so...is there any chance that will be fixed and we can have hope for continue our runs? 

I dont know if this is due to part five but i am currently doing signal void tale and i have a bug. The quest is to investigate the signal in hushed river valley. I found the capsule but i have no other signal for a bunker and the quest is not checking off the list. Also there was gear in the capsule but no quest related items. Is that a bug or does the radio have a radius smaller than the region?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, oplli said:

I dont know if this is due to part five but i am currently doing signal void tale and i have a bug. The quest is to investigate the signal in hushed river valley. I found the capsule but i have no other signal for a bunker and the quest is not checking off the list. Also there was gear in the capsule but no quest related items. Is that a bug or does the radio have a radius smaller than the region?

Thanks!

Reminder that the proper channel to be using for quest stuff is blue and not yellow.

1 hour ago, oplli said:

Thanks!

I had no signal on the blue channel so i tried two things:

Waiting for another aurora and getting far from where i was.

i dont know wich one worked but now i got signal again from the blue channel !

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Zappo79 said:

Is there a hope for omega bunker prisoners? Stuck in final location after sleepig like many others.. i know its known issue... so...is there any chance that will be fixed and we can have hope for continue our runs? 

I have a similar issue, but I left the bunker and outside from my campfire I grab a few touches, when I back in the bunker, I can't moving the plank and can not finished the tale! Hopefully they bring a bugfix 😔! Well I played the misery mode now.

Edited by Sebastian1992

To solve the omega bunker bug do this (on PC)

A) enable console 

B) type FLY

C) fly to the base of the exit ladder (just to avoid problems since is the only lighted part of the bunker) 

D) go close to the floor (not too close) and press space to land

worked fine for me (800 days run so i was afraid to make errors... )

I also have this omega bunker bug when I stuck outside of that wall and cant get back to finish tale. I heard that there are other people who stuck INSIDE.  I hope we get a fix for this soon.

Another bug on Settled Mind after the fix today - after reading a book, I now get the bonus every time when I exit a building. A single gunsmithing book gave me level 5. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2024 at 5:08 AM, Lazarus said:

Another bug on Settled Mind after the fix today - after reading a book, I now get the bonus every time when I exit a building. A single gunsmithing book gave me level 5. 

If you encounter a bug in TLD I'd recommend submitting a bug report to Hinterlands directly, ideally with steps to replicate the bug (you can take developer screenshots with "F8" on PC). That's more likely to get seen quickly and get fixed.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Minor bug... Falling through the bed and floor to the lower level of the avalanche cabin.. it only seems to happen once though not every time.

I noticed this, too.  If you enter the cabin while crouched, you'll appear halfway sunk in the bed.  If you move at all, you fall through to the first floor.  If you stand up before moving, you'll pop up onto the bed.  It doesn't happen if you enter the cabin while standing.

• Upvote 1

No curators rifle in ash canyon...but when I looked at high meadow at the rope climb,the corpse was half covered by what looked like a very thin layer of rock.it was leaning on  his side and going through the rope on the floor..

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, ElSuperGecko said:

I had three!  Those crows were LOUD. 🤣

They are very loud lol..    I was hanging around for nearly a week waiting for the moose,but the crows and three twolves were the only things I saw.. not even the bear turned up..

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2024 at 11:42 AM, Leeanda said:

Minor bug... Falling through the bed and floor to the lower level of the avalanche cabin.. it only seems to happen once though not every time.

Another bug in that cabin: I managed to start a campfire in the kitchen. I kind of didn't want to say anything because it's a positive bug haha

This was on Steam/Linux, no mods. (just doing a quick poke around, normally I play on Steam/Windows, with a few minor QoL tweak mods)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Kranium said:

Another bug in that cabin: I managed to start a campfire in the kitchen. I kind of didn't want to say anything because it's a positive bug haha

This was on Steam/Linux, no mods. (just doing a quick poke around, normally I play on Steam/Windows, with a few minor QoL tweak mods)

That would've been handy on one of my cheat death runs...  The temp inside stayed at -1 even though I'd been repairing clothes...which I ended up dying because I didn't realise I was freezing that quickly😁

So I got another issue, not sure if it's intended but seems like it might be so I haven't submitted anything yet.  Anyway so a few days after the update when I was still trying out the cheat death system I discovered that your stuff can be totally deleted if you don't recover the pack and die again.  I'm absolutely certain this is what happens cause during one test I had loaded up myself with a bunch of stuff from the dam in ML.  After I died I found my pack, noted the location on the map  then quit without saving and reloaded, then picked a nearby cliff to jump off and proceeded to cheat death again.  Then went back to where the previous pack was first and found only a flare and a book, no backpack or fire.  Also when I found my secondary pack next to nothing was in it, only a couple sticks I'd picked up before I went off the cliff.