I really love the rewards for completing the tales so MUCH! So I’ve taken interest onto the item for completing tale 3, in there latest development diary they said there will be a feat but nothing about any item that will be given.

so, I want to speculate about what it could be.

Posted (edited)

I'd really love the wolf head gear.. but I think it unlikely as we already got the technical balaclava..

A first aid feat would be neat to have though

Edited by Leeanda

13 hours ago, Willow said:

I really love the rewards for completing the tales so MUCH! So I’ve taken interest onto the item for completing tale 3, in there latest development diary they said there will be a feat but nothing about any item that will be given.

so, I want to speculate about what it could be.

The last two items that were given for Tales completions were weight reduction items, maybe the Feat is a permanent weight allowance bonus? “You have become hardened by physical trials; you can now carry an additional 5kg”. 
Add that to the Well Fed bonus, the technical pack and the moose hide satchel, total weight allowance of 50kg…. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

How about Jeremiah's knife?  

That would be nice- or a more generic Bowie knife. Bigger, heavier, but it does more damage during a struggle, stays sharper longer, and maybe as a real reward- able to harvest saplings, or faster carcass harvesting.

We also know that an asset exists for the Fire Axe, but it was never added to the game. This might be a good use for it.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

That would be nice- or a more generic Bowie knife. Bigger, heavier, but it does more damage during a struggle, stays sharper longer, and maybe as a real reward- able to harvest saplings, or faster carcass harvesting.

We also know that an asset exists for the Fire Axe, but it was never added to the game. This might be a good use for it.

The axe would be good too...  I only thought of the knife because it gets mentioned a lot on the forum..  

I'd like that saw in keepers pass north as well😁

On 5/21/2024 at 6:45 AM, Leeanda said:

I'd really like to see this too, and it fits in with HL's announcement of a possible "knife variant", which we haven't seen yet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

I'd really like to see this too, and it fits in with HL's announcement of a possible "knife variant", which we haven't seen yet.

Repairable too preferably,unlike other variants

On 5/22/2024 at 7:48 AM, Leeanda said:

Repairable too preferably,unlike other variants

Good point!  Still have my Woodwright's over the mantle waiting for the day until I can repair and use it fully.  Would also be great to be craftable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

Good point!  Still have my Woodwright's over the mantle waiting for the day until I can repair and use it fully.  Would also be great to be craftable.

Mine are in the fridge lol..just where you'd expect them to be😁.  But I'd love to use the woodsrights  rather than leaving it alone..

On 5/21/2024 at 8:45 AM, Leeanda said:

The implications of finding Jeremiah’s knife at the end of tales would send tld conspiracy theorists into a spiral 😂🤣 but I’d love it I’ve wanted it since we started getting variants, personally I doubt but hope the item is binoculars but it’ll probably be something climbing related based on the region something to help up ascend or defend without using fatigue much and even less with crampons equipped too hard to say what they have in mind for the feat could be anything from increased walking speed to starting new runs with the network active and the radio in inventory already 

• Upvote 2

On 5/21/2024 at 9:20 AM, ThePancakeLady said:

I know on the og map an axe was planned I wonder if this was it or if this was something story related that got dropped, could see an idea of using it in episode 4 during the fire and prison escape but then realize for the effort to code it and animate?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 9:46 AM, hozz1235 said:

Like a survival knife…. Harvest saplings, chops wood with a hammer, lights fires, craft shelters etc. 
image.thumb.jpeg.dcf630f16cc8ea2accfbfa7776075659.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 5/21/2024 at 9:20 AM, ThePancakeLady said:

I would LOVE a fire axe… and some Fire Gear…

I mean, why haven’t we found a single fire station on the whole of the island?  There had to at least be some volunteers

• Upvote 3

I have a feeling the axe will never happen because it would be insanely overpowered. I could see it being considered a useful tool if they were to get into basebuilding i.e. allowing the construction of log cabins, but I don't see any indication that's anything that's going to happen with TLD.