TALES, Part Five, Dev Diary coming the week of May 13th

This is great news! The cougar alone is exciting, but I'm also looking forward to the base customization and the camera. I hope at least one of them is included in this update. With the cougar being added, we're very likely to see the global wildlife refresh also. I think the trader will be added in part 6 along with mountain pass, but only time will tell. I'm sure HL won't disappoint us either way.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 7:38 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

Just excited to see what i can make with the pelt.

The rifle doesn't care about what's on the other end of the barrel. It'll fall just like any other animal

It'll fall eventually 😁

Not sure there will be new gear to craft though.. 

7 minutes ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

I will never understand your thought process

Every other animal, including the ptarmigan (which is DLC content, just like the cougar ) has crafted gear.
What makes the cougar any different from other animals, and why wouldn't there be any stuff to craft from it?

If there truly are no crafted items from it, that would be monumentally disappointing.

I just try not to assume anything..and I don't remember any mention of new clothes , that's all..

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

The devs don't mention anything about updates prior to the diary, so yeah obviously nobody has confirmed news of new clothes. or anything else.

Given how every other animals has stuff, it would be quite dumb for the cougar to be an exception

They give us a roadmap, but no they don't tell us absolutely everything..

Edited by Leeanda

On 5/5/2024 at 1:38 PM, Pyroxene said:

Are we sure that the Dev Diary won't be delayed? It seems like a lot of work, doing both episode 5 and TFTFT. My respects

If Hinterland is confident enough to set a definite date (give or take a week) after Raph always saying that he doesn't like to do that, then they probably have everything ready and just need to put the Dev Diary together...

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 11:27 PM, MattD said:

This is great news! The cougar alone is exciting, but I'm also looking forward to the base customization and the camera. I hope at least one of them is included in this update. With the cougar being added, we're very likely to see the global wildlife refresh also. I think the trader will be added in part 6 along with mountain pass, but only time will tell. I'm sure HL won't disappoint us either way.

Yes it would be nice if a 'scary'  update like cougars is paired with a more peaceful home-y update like these. 😊

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Maybe perseverance mills will be added ,up north of PV..   but I don't think any maps would ever be expanded..  

PV is big enough already I think.😊

I’m not to high in the long dark lore but I think Perseverence mills is beyond costal highway because all the characters have said go north… but our character goes south according to our map, and Astrid goes to the cave to costal highway at the end of winermute

Mackenzie has hit his head plentiful of times.

…or I need to replay Wintermute again 

3 minutes ago, Willow said:

I’m not to high in the long dark lore but I think Perseverence mills is beyond costal highway because all the characters have said go north… but our character goes south according to our map, and Astrid goes to the cave to costal highway at the end of winermute

Mackenzie has hit his head plentiful of times.

…or I need to replay Wintermute again 

If you look at the main map ,there's a large space ,east of pv,and above coastal highway.  Technically it's a viable place for perseverance but not strictly north of pv..  

Honestly I get confused by the NESW  views on the maps ..north isnt strictly north etc... or something like that anyway lol..

And Will really has been hit a lot..  way more than is good for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2024 at 4:25 PM, Leeanda said:

If you look at the main map ,there's a large space ,east of pv,and above coastal highway.  Technically it's a viable place for perseverance but not strictly north of pv..  

Honestly I get confused by the NESW  views on the maps ..north isnt strictly north etc... or something like that anyway lol..

And Will really has been hit a lot..  way more than is good for him.

I mean, Mackenzie goes out of his way to kill a moose to make a moose hide satchel… when he does the same thing with a deer hide (seen on the Travois)

New affliction: brain damage 

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2024 at 11:38 AM, Pyroxene said:

Are we sure that the Dev Diary won't be delayed? It seems like a lot of work, doing both episode 5 and TFTFT. My respects

I'm betting they have it done for the most part (which is why they can announce a date).

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I think they mean TFTFT part 5, not Wintermute Episode 5. 

• Like 1

Where are you seeing the episode five release info? I’ve been periodically checking the forums for the last six months, at least, and I can’t find anything about it. I haven’t tried the TALES yet, even though I bought it when it first came out. I prefer the story mode! If it’s set to release soon, I want to start over from episode one now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tonya1026 said:

Where are you seeing the episode five release info? I’ve been periodically checking the forums for the last six months, at least, and I can’t find anything about it. I haven’t tried the TALES yet, even though I bought it when it first came out. I prefer the story mode! If it’s set to release soon, I want to start over from episode one now. 

I asked Raphael in what is now a closed thread.

On 5/8/2024 at 1:27 PM, Leeanda said:

Maybe perseverance mills will be added ,up north of PV..   but I don't think any maps would ever be expanded..  

PV is big enough already I think.😊

The way the episode ended, I don't think so unless there's a large coast north of the entire map. I was more expecting south because that's where the coast is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

The way the episode ended, I don't think so unless there's a large coast north of the entire map. I was more expecting south because that's where the coast is.

Just my theory,but with the space available on the map being east  then maybe a transition zone in the north of pv ..looping round to perseverance mills.there could also be an exit from pv on the east side at End of the road.

• Like 1