Hours clocked on the LD

Just curious to see how many hours peeeps have clocked up on the wonderful game ..According to my Xbox I’m at 1600 hrs played. The irony is i feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface .. never done winter mute and still have regions to explore !

• Upvote 2

Something over 10k hours since June of 2016, though it's near impossible to nail it down to an exact number. XBox gives me an exact amount of time but it seems way off, Switch gives me an exact amount of time which seems accurate, but Steam only shows me time from launching the game with the Client online, no offline mode time is logged. And then there is time from back when we could still launch the game completely offline (no Steam Client needed) without getting a "Error -998- cannot launch game" message. And trying to see how many hours I have from back when I used Windows Play Anywhere (now called XBox Play Anywhere) to play the same save on my Windows 10 PCs and XBox One/Series X- that time seems to be logged oddly (often showing NaN, but not always...) so I never know if what it shows me is accurate or not.

Yes, it's a lot of hours. But I have had some periods of time going through serious medical treatments and recovery where I had nothing but free time, so I spent it playing the game. And I am sure a decent amount of that time is also afk time- naps happen.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Since 2021!

4 achievements left! Probably never gonna get them all. Could never find the guts to do the darkwalker (?) challenge. Also I once spent the whole day hitting same poor 2 rabbits with stones but alas, tis not to be...

Screenshot_20240502_022805_Steam.jpg

Edited by bysinda
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smellyfries said:

830.2 hours atm on PC. Thought it was a lot at first, but seems like the average for the player base is over 1000 XD. 

You seem like you should have more 😁 

30 minutes ago, bysinda said:

4 achievements left! Probably never gonna get them all. Could never find the guts to do the darkwalker (?) challenge. Also I once spent the whole day hitting same poor 2 rabbits with stones but alas, tis not to be...

You don't have to complete the As The Dead Sleep challenge, or the Escape the Darkwalker challenge for the Challenge Mastery achievement- you just have to successfully complete all of the other ones. Hopeless Rescue was the one that took me the longest to actually successfully complete. For my daughter, it was the Archivist Challenge that took her forever to successfully complete. So just check to see which other one(s) you don't have the completion badge(s) for.

The stoning a bunny from a long way away is tricky and can take practice, I did it on a disposable run, where all I cared about was gathering a ton of stones, and getting to a bunny grove that was a canyon- I did it at the hunting blind area below Alan's Cave. The canyon on the left after you enter Raven Falls Ravine from Mystery Lake is good too- and the stone bouncing off the ground or a wall and stunning a bunny does count- you just have to be far enough away from the bunny when the stone hits. I am not sure if moving backwards after throwing the stone(s)helps or not, but you absolutely do not want to move toward the bunny or have it moving toward you. Try to nail them in the butt or side as they are running away from you. And yeah- it will take a good bit of spamming stone throws and multiple tries(which is why I created disposable runs to try it, rather than possibly hurting a long run I cared about).

Don't give up. You can do it! 

• Like 1

I got the bunny/stone one on Coastal Highway at the Waterfront Cottages (little group of houses on the road leading to Crumbling Highway). Stood at the top of the hill between the houses and "herded" a rabbit out onto the ice and then just skimmed the stone at it ..hit it in one try ... totally shocked

11 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

You don't have to complete the As The Dead Sleep challenge, or the Escape the Darkwalker challenge for the Challenge Mastery achievement- you just have to successfully complete all of the other ones. Hopeless Rescue was the one that took me the longest to actually successfully complete. For my daughter, it was the Archivist Challenge that took her forever to successfully complete. So just check to see which other one(s) you don't have the completion badge(s) for.

Oh thank God for that.

I've checked my badges and the only challenge I have left is Nomad...but I don't remember finishing Archivist. Nor As The Dead Sleep ...I've attempted it I'm sure...hmm, this seems fishy--buggy, as if I've been awarded badges I haven't earned after the DLC came out. Oh well, I guess I'll find out once I finish Nomad! Ughhh, it's so dull 

• Upvote 1

(which is why I created disposable runs to try it, rather than possibly hurting a long run I cared about).

That's what I'll do, Thanks!

Don't give up. You can do it! 

YEAH!!!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

1800+, but if I remove lunch breaks, etc, probably a solid 1500.

Same! Used to just pause and do chores and stuff. Now we will never know 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

My Xbox says 1297 hours but to be honest, I do leave it paused often. Especially in the last few years since I’ve been a mom 😂  I’d say about half that is actual game play time.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...