Running should raise your body temperature.

Prometeu

Obviously, when you run you should warm yourself if you have like all clothes slots used. I mean you can't tell if in real life you run with this (Screenshot) clothes on you with some 20 kg bag pack wont warm you at all.

dddddd.jpg

Well I suppose it will at first but sweating cools you down sooner or later..with that much loot on your back I'd say sooner.. but still at least a temporary warmth bonus maybe😊

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Last I was aware, sprinting did provide a small warmth bonus... just like holding a lit lantern.  However, those effects are small/subtle... and I think it's best that way.

Also... I don't think the game needs to get so pedantic that every quibbled detail from reality should be expected to be painstakingly reproduced in any video game.  As I often say... sometimes a video game, just has to video game.  I don't think any video game should be expected to be a 1-1 simulation of reality.  One, that's just not practical... and two, that would likely give us a game that was very mundane and not much fun to play (kind of like real life).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
However, while I do appreciate folks musing about this sort of thing... but honestly, I just don't see it providing enough benefit or value to justify Hinterland spending all the time and resources to change/add them.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 4

As stated it does....but as soon as you stop it goes away from what I recall. They could always just add like a longer timer to it or something...time to start it and time to stop. I don't think it matters since it's so tiny anyways.

• Upvote 1

I agree it should be a feature. If it is already, I personally think it's too subtle. I've never seen a temperature difference. When at -0C, I've haven't seen the temperature change to an up arrow from running. So if it is a feature it's rarely noticeable. 

But I think running should decrease your body temperature faster after a certain point. It'd be cool to see hypothermia risk increase faster while running too. 

On 4/22/2024 at 12:29 PM, Pencil said:

I agree it should be a feature. If it is already, I personally think it's too subtle. I've never seen a temperature difference. When at -0C, I've haven't seen the temperature change to an up arrow from running. So if it is a feature it's rarely noticeable. 

But I think running should decrease your body temperature faster after a certain point. It'd be cool to see hypothermia risk increase faster while running too. 

It was a long time ago that I played so it could have been removed, I am not sure.