365 days

My current run just made 365 days. This may not be a big deal to some but for me it has been 3 years since my last 365 day run. This is probably due to my strange and unwelcome affinity for bear mouths, coupled with some tendency toward impulsiveness. My question is, how many runs on average do yall do before hitting a year on average? And just curious, whats your longest run? Mine is 502 days, set in 2017 lol.

• Upvote 2

My longest run ended yesterday. 694 days. I think the second longest was 409? and these were the only two above 365.

I feel much less distressed after losing that one, however, as I pretty much did everything I wanted in the game, got all achievements, etc. So in a way it all feels more relaxed now...

But anyway, happy "birthday" to your run! 😊

Edited by PilgrimReaper
Originally wrote "accomplishments" instead of "achievements"
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NoPogo said:

mine was 2890 days... then the big Update and now day 1193...

Both my old and newest longest runs are pretty close to this as well.  

2 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Wow thats a run! What did you do during the last 2k days? How did you keep from being bored?

For me, that 2k+ run was the one I did everything.  Buffer memories took many days as well as finding all caches.

Oh, and congrats on the 365!  Keep going!

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 2

My longest was about 785 which I'm just about to overtake on my latest run...   Must admit I'm struggling to find things to do. 

I'm also struggling with finding all the cairns despite using maps for them.. I've checked numerous times and I'm still missing over 30..

• Upvote 2

Once I got proficient with my survival tasks and learned to evade and avoid predators... my runs have been able to last as long as needed to achieve whatever goal or personal challenge I'd set for myself.

Sure, there have been some runs that ended due to instant kill-walls (in some rather unexpected places)... or getting stuck in terrain... or content updates that required a new save to integrate those features... but most often, I've just achieved what I set out on the run to do.  Since I do very much enjoy the early game struggle, I'm never averse to ending a run and starting again. :D 

I had intended for my run "Memory Lane" as a way to gear up in all the familiar regions of Great Bear Island for the purpose of getting ready for my first expedition into the Far Territory... but then Scurvy happened (and I knew I just had to get that new bit into the mix), so I finished up that run and started again for my current run, "The Ghosts of All That Was."

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Once I got proficient with my survival tasks and learned to evade and avoid predators... my runs have been able to last as long as needed to achieve whatever goal or personal challenge I'd set for myself.

Sure, there have been some runs that ended due to instant kill-walls (in some rather unexpected places)... or getting stuck in terrain... or content updates that required a new save to integrate those features... but most often, I've just achieved what I set out on the run to do.  Since I do very much enjoy the early game struggle, I'm never averse to ending a run and starting again. :D 

I had intended for my run "Memory Lane" as a way to gear up in all the familiar regions of Great Bear Island for the purpose of getting ready for my first expedition into the Far Territory... but then Scurvy happened (and I knew I just had get that new bit into the mix), so I finished up that run and started again for my current run, "The Ghosts of All That Was."

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I do love that early game struggle too. Its my favorite part.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Cairns seem to be the "last" thing to try and achieve... have some of you found them all? I would guess so?

Ive gotten nowhere close to getting all the cairns

While I've only been playing a short time and my longest run, almost 400 days, was ended with the new save system. My current run getting close to 250 days. Granted I don't know what a really long run is like quite yet, I can't imagine hunting bears and picking on all the wolves I can will ever get boring. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2024 at 2:23 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

Cairns seem to be the "last" thing to try and achieve... have some of you found them all? I would guess so?

On my obsolete prior run, I found them all.  It was a fun challenge!

14 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

On my obsolete prior run, I found them all.  It was a fun challenge!

One has to be methodical I presume... I find myself half-collecting them, but suspect it's not good practice in the long run ("Have I found this one before...?") 😅

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

One has to be methodical I presume... I find myself half-collecting them, but suspect it's not good practice in the long run ("Have I found this one before...?") 😅

Yup, had a spreadsheet to track them.

Longest run is just over 250 days.  I have no desire to find all the cairns or even map everything.  I usually complete all the achievements I care to long before 250, then I get bored with the run and start a new one. 
Current interloper is at 65 days, completed signal void, and  it’s the longest Interloper I’ve completed. Tedious.  
But it’s a challenge 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have no idea what to do during the days after 250.  500 seems a long way away.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, acada said:

BTW can you imagine it? A year in the frozen land with no human contact (except for Carl who sits in the Camp Office). What it would do with human mind?

It would be a serious challenge - isolation is the worst punishment for humans. Put in dead corpses and families disappeared and the trauma willl be there. 

Reading books, exploring something new, seeing pictures, burying the dead and listening to radio could help.