Scruffy or Fluffy?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Glitchy indeed! Man I hate this wolf in the cannery 😅

On harder levels I can understand why lol...      I like it but it's kind of creepy during the day..

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

On harder levels I can understand why lol...      I like it but it's kind of creepy during the day..

The wolf struggle cost me so many safe games! For ten years (with my beginning 20er so young lol) I love smashing the mouse button, but now I prefer the option holding the left mouse button 😂

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

The wolf struggle cost me so many safe games! For ten years (with my beginning 20er so young lol) I love smashing the mouse button, but now I prefer the option holding the left mouse button 😂

I tried that a few times but it doesn't half give you arm ache lol..  ..   

You're not the only one it's killed a lot, but I think some have died nearly as much from standing on the wires trying to avoid it 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You're not the only one it's killed a lot, but I think some have died nearly as much from standing on the wires trying to avoid it 

You mean the wires in Carter Hydro Dam? It's funny, but I never died about the wires. Too much respect and I avoid it I think....

Edited by Sebastian1992

1 minute ago, Sebastian1992 said:

You mean the wires in Carter Hydro Dam? It's funny, but I never died about the wires. Too much respect I think....

I haven't from those wires, I tend to go right inside the door ,it's nearer to the loot lol.. but I've died a few times in the coastal mine stepping on the wrong ones😁

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I haven't from those wires, I tend to go right inside the door ,it's nearer to the loot lol.. but I've died a few times in the coastal mine stepping on the wrong ones😁

Yeah, the coastal mine! When the aurora goes out and you are in the mine, you will properly die! In my run I not discover this mine now, maybe later? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Yeah, the coastal mine! When the aurora goes out and you are in the mine, you will properly die! In my run I not discover this mine now, maybe later? 🤔

Definitely not a place to get stuck in...   I don't go in there unless I'm really bored and don't mind taking the risk,but not on my long run.. 

I don't blame you for not going down there.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 7:45 AM, Leeanda said:

Poor sketchy doesn't even get a look in..lol..   now there's a glitchy wolf😁

By "Sketchy" do you mean the ice caves wolf? (the names get used interchangeably and mixed up quite often). I know the ice caves wolf as "Sketchy", the Cannery wolf as "Fluffy 2.0", and the wolf in the Desolation Point cave as "Scruffy". "Fluffy- the first indoor wolf in the game, who used to come screaming up from the old turbine room into what was a big almost empty room with large crates, lockers and cardboard boxes (where she used to try to eat our faces off until we figured out that placing a lit lantern down facing the staircase, and hiding behind the large crates gave a good view for a clean shot or two at her as she came up the stairs.

Yeah, I miss the original Fluffy. You never knew if she would spawn in there during your first visit to the Dam,  or if she would get stuck under one of the staircases from the walkways to the turbine room floor, or if she would really have her pathing broken and get stuck behind the wall where you could hear her aggroing, but couldn't see her or shoot her.

Sketchy? I don't like that wolf- glitchy glitchy glitchy, or Flufffy 2.0 with live arcing wires inside the door, but Scruffy isn't too hard to deal with once you've done it a few times.

Anyone remember the mythical Lighthouse Wolf that some people loved to scare new players with, but no one ever was able to provide proof of (other than a few obviously photoshopped screenshots)?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

By "Sketchy" do you mean the ice caves wolf? (the names get used interchangeably and mixed up quite often). I know the ice caves wolf as "Sketchy", the Cannery wolf as "Fluffy 2.0", and the wolf in the Desolation Point cave as "Scruffy". "Fluffy- the first indoor wolf in the game, who used to come screaming up from the old turbine room into what was a big almost empty room with large crates, lockers and cardboard boxes (where she used to try to eat our faces off until we figured out that placing a lit lantern down facing the staircase, and hiding behind the large crates gave a good view for a clean shot or two at her as she came up the stairs.

Yeah, I miss the original Fluffy. You never knew if she would spawn in there during your first visit to the Dam,  or if she would get stuck under one of the staircases from the walkways to the turbine room floor, or if she would really have her pathing broken and get stuck behind the wall where you could hear her aggroing, but couldn't see her or shoot her.

Sketchy? I don't like that wolf- glitchy glitchy glitchy, or Flufffy 2.0 with live arcing wires inside the door, but Scruffy isn't too hard to deal with once you've done it a few times.

Anyone remember the mythical Lighthouse Wolf that some people loved to scare new players with, but no one ever was able to provide proof of (other than a few obviously photoshopped screenshots)?

Yes I meant the hrv cave one...  To be honest I hardly ever go to hrv and even less into the caves... I've only seen it twice for myself and both times it came from nowhere and just vanished mid panic run away..  I've seen it disappearing through the walls on ytube quite a few times though..

I wish I could've met fluffy in the dam at least once but I was pretty late to the game.i started playing halfway through 4DON..

• Upvote 1

Okay- people think I am joking about the Lighthouse Wolf.

But... the old TLD Wiki actually had a page for TLW, because there were enough people who actually created and pushed and believed the myth.

https://thelongdark-archive.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lighthouse_Wolf

I am not sure if TLW was ever talked about here, but there was a short period of time on the Steam forums where a few regulars at the time seemed to be trying to convince people it was real.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1