Prybar repairable

Leeanda

Not so much a wish but it would be a nice feature to have.. after all in reality it is a long term useful tool that doesn't break... 

Maybe compensate by making them rarer to find..  and it takes two scrap metal to repair.

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 3

🤔
I think that making them scarce but more durable (by being either "repairable", a flat out "forever tool", or even just reduce the current decay rate) would be a good/fair exchange.

I think they currently decay at about 1.6% condition per use (whether that's clearing ice or prying open locked containers)... but that also means they are completely spent after only about 60 uses (possibly less as the break threshold starts at 20%, I think). 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'd support the idea.  

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

🤔
I think that making them scarce but more durable (by being either "repairable", a flat out "forever tool", or even just reduce the current decay rate) would be a good/fair exchange.

I think they currently decay at about 1.6% condition per use (whether that's clearing ice or prying open locked containers)... but that also means they are completely spent after only about 60 uses (possibly less as the break threshold starts at 20%, I think).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'd support the idea.  

I didn't know the percent damage  so thank you..

Plus they are like most other things not at 100% condition when we first find them... Some are very low already .

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

In all my runs, I've always had an excess of prybars (even on loper).  With a finite number of "pryable objects", do you think this is necessary?  

No. Its not necessary....     I'd just prefer that they could be made,and not decay..    after everything is unlocked there is still fishing ,and given that the use of tip ups  means theyre decaying quicker.i thought it would be a nice alternative to make/repair  them.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

In all my runs, I've always had an excess of prybars (even on loper).  With a finite number of "pryable objects", do you think this is necessary?  

I am currently on a 250+ day Stalker run and for the first time ever I only found 3 or 4 prybars. Usually they are all over the place.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 9:55 AM, hozz1235 said:

The big one is chopping holes in the ice; that shizznit is infinite ;)

ETA: though I suppose the heavy hammer which is infinitely repairable does in fact fit that bill.

Edited by stratvox
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I did think about the hammer but isn't that a lot heavier?     I don't really use it so I don't know the weight difference..

Well, yes, but that's the kind of tradeoff that makes the game: that weighs a lot more but can be maintained indefinitely; this will weigh less but eventually wear out and break.

• Upvote 1