The Long Dark 2?

hozz1235

2 hours ago, bysinda said:

also, I would kill to see something other than snow. To see Great Bear during summer or autumn would be so much fun

I think htl would do a beautiful job with the colours..autumn would be lovely to see...  

Itd make places like forlorn a lot more challenging though....

• Upvote 4

The map on the wall is not of the same place as Great Bear at all ;)
I can see missions'tabs on the mirror, if I'm correct.

A microphone and radio, (long waves or CB-type may-be), insulated flask and a small tv set (black&white only, might be a camera relayed).

All in all, good promises :)

• Upvote 1

Not seeing anything there that wouldn't fit the TLD world as we know it so far, also seems to be during a power outage (but with some use for electrical items such as the radio and microwave) so would appear to fit the aurora scenario.

Also hope that playing 'Moonlight Sonata' on the piano will open a hidden room...

2 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Not seeing anything there that wouldn't fit the TLD world as we know it so far, also seems to be during a power outage (but with some use for electrical items such as the radio and microwave) so would appear to fit the aurora scenario.

Also hope that playing 'Moonlight Sonata' on the piano will open a hidden room...

That is my favourite piece of classical  music..   in my top five of all time actually.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, DaGnome91 said:

The map on the wall is not of the same place as Great Bear at all ;)
I can see missions'tabs on the mirror, if I'm correct.

A microphone and radio, (long waves or CB-type may-be), insulated flask and a small tv set (black&white only, might be a camera relayed).

All in all, good promises :)

Looks like the entry door is boarded up purposely, rugs covering a window? The map could be the mainland……

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

The map could be the mainland……

Nothing in the house exactly screams out Canada (at least to me)... I would assume it's on the west coast, given the orientation of the map... but the west coast of WHERE is the question... unless the map has nothing to do with the setting of course ;).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Nothing in the house exactly screams out Canada (at least to me)... I would assume it's on the west coast, given the orientation of the map... but the west coast of WHERE is the question... unless the map has nothing to do with the setting of course ;).

That house screams Victoria Canada to me actually…. But that’s just me hoping :)

@xanna maybe it’s just there to hold the rug in place… or spare parts for the radio next to it?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

@xanna maybe it’s just there to hold the rug in place… or spare parts for the radio next to it?

The incongruity screams "This is not just background, this is a part of the game" doesn't it? Gamer senses tingling

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Hopefully that's indicative of some kind of base customization / base building mechanic...

could be just for insulation purposes🤔 rugs after all are a great way to make a cold thin wall less cold. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I think htl would do a beautiful job with the colours..autumn would be lovely to see...  

Itd make places like forlorn a lot more challenging though....

But super atmospheric though! I love the ambiance of a swamp

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bysinda said:

But super atmospheric though! I love the ambiance of a swamp

Very true...       I haven't seen many swamps if I'm honest. None in real life but in game they look great.

My first thought seeing that video was it'd be really creepy  at night during a thunderstorm...  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Very true...       I haven't seen many swamps if I'm honest. None in real life but in game they look great.

My first thought seeing that video was it'd be really creepy  at night during a thunderstorm...  

IRL they don’t smell great….

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1