Still Remaining?

First off, I hope Somebody caught the song reference…. 

Secondly, what do we have remaining?? I forgot how many drops there were supposed to be.  Or was it just supposed to be within 12 months but no specific number of drops?

Looks like we are still in need of a cougar, trader, base customization, third region and third tale? 

Is that the end of the recipes for the cooking system?  I can’t believe we don’t have shepherds pie or canned ham and eggs! The UI appears to hint at can recipes, has something about this been confirmed or mentioned elsewhere?

So, still remaining?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Has it actually been confirmed that it would be the END end?

Raph hasn’t come out with a direct statement of it but it is implied in the way the sept dev diary is written

“Many of you have been asking us about what we’re working on “next”. Obviously, we’re working on Episode Five, and the completion of TALES, both targeting finalization in 2024. But part of the team has also been hard at work on new things. Why? Because it takes years to create and develop new ideas and new games, and we need to have something new ready by the time THE LONG DARK is finished next year. This is critical to our continued existence as an independent game studio. “

Such a gut punch, and a shared sentiment among some of us that it makes no sense, we thought tales was gonna be the start of multiple dlc runs and with everything being added and all the effort it’s such a bummer, im sure their next ip will be great too but it won’t be an experience like the long dark that we’ve grown with from kickstarter to bigger than a AAA game, they caught lightning in a bottle with the long dark filling a void for survival  that didn’t rely on paranormal, zombie or cannibals to give a fulfilling experience  and once it’s done that void will return, what they’ve teased about the new ips is completely different from tld and again I’m sure it’ll be great, but for me tld is already the best experience in gaming and those concepts don’t appeal to me I’d rather explore great bear til I can walk 360° around the coastline and everything in between before they call it quits 

• Upvote 4

It will indeed be a sad day when there's nothing left for tld..  but I get that they need to work on other projects and I'm sure they'll be just as unique and awesome as tld is. 

I really do hope that sometime in the future they'll think about more dlcs though.,maybe even a tld2. 

• Upvote 2

To make matters worse for hopefuls the zone of contamination dead ends the rail line, and for me that had monumental impact, the buffers had stated the rail line was a circle an operator had to “take the long way back around” because of damage to the trestle I think it was but either the split is in that little caved in section of the far range branch that you need to go through the halls to get to surfeit or they’ve abandoned it and zone ends development that direction without future changes to either transfer pass or the far range, for now costal highway rail tunnel is the last branch unopened and all evidence points to that leading us to perseverance mills and thus ending all unexplored rails, there’s still a few roads blocked but even most of them head the way of the potential perseverance location 

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It will indeed be a sad day when there's nothing left for tld..  but I get that they need to work on other projects and I'm sure they'll be just as unique and awesome as tld is. 

I really do hope that sometime in the future they'll think about more dlcs though.,maybe even a tld2. 

I get it as well at the end of the day it’s a business, endless dlcs or even another full game size expansion I definitely support going sort of like TESO where great bear just continues to expand until weve reached 100% island but idk about tld 2 not that I wouldn’t also enjoy that but it would still not feel great to have say the whole other side of great bear in that game but have no way to get to the regions you know exist on the other side in this one, im a niche within a niche and can’t single handedly fund the perpetual development though I so desperately wish I could 😂

Edited by Enigmaecho
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

Looks like we are still in need of a cougar, trader, base customization, third region and third tale? 

15 hours ago, Leeanda said:

the camera and the wildlife refresh as well as what you've mentioned..

+

High-end graphics

Hunted Part 3

15 minutes ago, Mistral said:

+

High-end graphics

Hunted Part 3

I forgot about hunted part 3.. but then also forgot the first two.. mainly because I'm an abject coward where bears are concerned 😁 

The graphics I have not heard about and to me they are perfect already.

25 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

When HL is no longer providing content updates to the TLD, I certainly hope they leave us with mod support - that can keep a game going for a long time.  Sorry, console users!

lol

I gave up on the Switch ever getting tftft.  Whatever🙃

1 minute ago, Mistral said:

To confirm: we have a range of visual enhancements planned, many specifically for high-end systems (high-end PC, Xbox Series X|S, or PlayStation 5)

Ah thank you...    

I've got an ancient Xbox one s so it might be beyond help lol...

Aside from a bit of lagging occasionally it's never had a problem . 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

they caught lightning in a bottle with the long dark filling a void for survival  that didn’t rely on paranormal, zombie or cannibals to give a fulfilling experience  and once it’s done that void will return

It will be a sad day… but shouldn’t be too worried about that… nature hates a vacuum, as they say. Doubtless many indie devs will step up to the plate… and one of them is sure to make a good game :).

Maybe even me ;).

Even so… there will be nothing quite like TLD… maybe ever :(.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

When HL is no longer providing content updates to the TLD, I certainly hope they leave us with mod support - that can keep a game going for a long time.  Sorry, console users!

They could do console mods support potentially, I mean fallout did it in 2015 the tech is there maybe?

8 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I hope the long dark community never dies.  But I will make it my bow to keep the long dark community running. I'll stream every day on twitch I'll post everywhere I will not let this era come to an end! WHO IS WITH ME?!?

Me😊 

Also nice to see you again,it's been a while😁

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I'll stream every day on twitch I'll post everywhere I will not let this era come to an end! WHO IS WITH ME?!?

Yep!

I’m with ya; as soon as I can update our PC to Windows 11 I’m going to start uploading videos of my runs :). 

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Also nice to see you again,it's been a while😁

And ditto to that. ^^

Let the meme wars begin again! 😁

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I'm homeschooled. So I don't have to worry about going anywhere. But learning quantum physics and looking after my younger sisters makes playing the long dark or posting on the forums incredibly difficult.

That sounds like a tough subject..    I can imagine how busy you are..