Zone of Contamination; why?

On 2/6/2024 at 11:38 AM, Yimnam said:

I liked it at first but area feels too small and narrow and to far from everything for home.

For a late game with scurvy, BR is great. You can build a snow shelter on the ice and fish out of it.

I haven't found a spot in ML where's that's possible.

-t

On 12/8/2023 at 5:12 PM, kirkmc said:

I was happy to find a new region in the latest update, but I think this region is terrible. I choose to play on Pilgrim, in order to have a mellow survival experience. But the new region will kill you in minutes if you're not careful, regardless of what level you're playing. The mechanics are annoying and hard to figure out, and before long, whatever you're wearing on your feet is ruined, and you're gasping for breath. In addition, since the only way you can breathe in dangerous areas is using a respirator and consumable cartridges, once you run out, you might as well just leave the region. What's the point of creating a region just for one little story, which, frankly, in Signal Void wasn't very interesting? Most of Signal Void was fetch quests, and really felt like filler; I don't even know where to start the quest in the new region, but I can't imagine it's more interesting.  I would love to see one or two new regions to spend time in; the zone of contamination is not that.

BTW, I know it's just a game, but I think it's unlikely to have both a strip mine on the surface and an underground mine in the same location in the real world. 

All i can say is skill issue

I know that just saying "get good xd" is not constructive critisism, but god damn if you are dying on pilgrim then you are doing something incredibly wrong

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2024 at 12:34 PM, turtle777 said:

For a late game with scurvy, BR is great. You can build a snow shelter on the ice and fish out of it.

I haven't found a spot in ML where's that's possible.

-t

Being totally objective here, we are spoiled with good options for where to live in this game. Hibernia Processing, Quonset Garage, Jackrabbit Island, Pleasant Valley Farmstead, Thomson's Crossing Community Hall, Signal Hill, Mountaineer's Hut, Angler's Den, Camp Office, Trapper's Homestead, Grey Mother's House, Paradise Meadows Farm, Island Cottage, and the Hunting Lodge are all good (and popular!) choices. There's so many I have a hard time choosing -- I'll stay in one place for a week or 10 days, then move on to my next home.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

Being totally objective here, we are spoiled with good options for where to live in this game. Hibernia Processing, Quonset Garage, Jackrabbit Island, Pleasant Valley Farmstead, Thomson's Crossing Community Hall, Signal Hill, Mountaineer's Hut, Angler's Den, Camp Office, Trapper's Homestead, Grey Mother's House, Paradise Meadows Farm, Island Cottage, and the Hunting Lodge are all good (and popular!) choices. There's so many I have a hard time choosing -- I'll stay in one place for a week or 10 days, then move on to my next home.

This is the way. Just keep moving around. The peripatetic life is the right life in TLD. Gotta move on every few weeks. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...