Zone of Contamination Impressions

Ok so I hear that alot of you are swimming in respirator canisters. I found roughly a dozen, and aftet completing the tale I'm left with 2. But I have a sneeking suspicion that I missed level 2 of the mine, and I would like to return to explore it.

I found several in the foremans office, another small handful in a shipping container room somewhere in the mine. Are there any other places y'all have found more than just 1 or 2 canisters?

Also, does amyone have a decent map of the mine tunnels???

23 hours ago, Cattleman said:

Ok so I hear that alot of you are swimming in respirator canisters. I found roughly a dozen, and aftet completing the tale I'm left with 2. But I have a sneeking suspicion that I missed level 2 of the mine, and I would like to return to explore it.

I found several in the foremans office, another small handful in a shipping container room somewhere in the mine. Are there any other places y'all have found more than just 1 or 2 canisters?

Also, does amyone have a decent map of the mine tunnels???

Yes there are several canisters, there are only 2 spots in the mine (I’ve found) where you REALLY need the mask.  Most other areas can be run through into a clean air section, even if you stop and search the storage bins.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Slightly off topic but I found my first canister outside of the far territories..

Anyone else found any not in zoc?

Yes my first one I found in PV, either somewhere in Thompson's Crossing or the Farmhouse. And just lastnight I found one in BI somewhere in the cannery.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cattleman said:

Yes my first one I found in PV, either somewhere in Thompson's Crossing or the Farmhouse. And just lastnight I found one in BI somewhere in the cannery.

Thank you. That's good to know..   I thought it said they were anywhere but as no one else had mentioned them I wondered if they were just extremely rare or bugged somehow.

On 12/23/2023 at 10:09 PM, Leeanda said:

Thank you. That's good to know..   I thought it said they were anywhere but as no one else had mentioned them I wondered if they were just extremely rare or bugged somehow.

It's very few of them outside ZoC though... I found no more than 3 while going all over the place.

• Upvote 1

The region is great, the tale is absolutely AMAZING and i am in love with the mines of this region.

However, they need to stop adding useless clothes to this game. Like, all of the new clothes are really bad.

Hardhar -> Absolutely useless, the protection is the same as rabbit hat or aviator cap
Miner's Jacket = Ski jacket but a bit better
Miner's Pants = Work pants, go figure
Chemical Boots -> Pointless outside of the region, can't repair and they're not that warm

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

The region is great, the tale is absolutely AMAZING and i am in love with the mines of this region.

However, they need to stop adding useless clothes to this game. Like, all of the new clothes are really bad.

Hardhar -> Absolutely useless, the protection is the same as rabbit hat or aviator cap
Miner's Jacket = Ski jacket but a bit better
Miner's Pants = Work pants, go figure
Chemical Boots -> Pointless outside of the region, can't repair and they're not that warm

Well, to be fair, its just the Miners Clothes that are pretty bad and could use a Buff. Aviators Hat is pretty new as well, but its the best hat in the game, even slightly better than rabbit hat. Much harder to repair since leather is more precious while rabbit pelts are easy to get, but it has a half degree better windshield while being slightly lighter, therefor straight upgrade.

I agree though that none of the Miners cloths are really useful, combat pants are waaaay better than miners pants and available on loper as well, probably much easier to get too, and thats even the best of all the miner clothes

• Upvote 1

Oh also i forgot to add that the reward for this tale is a bit ass too

If i understand correctly it cuts the weight of up to 3 tools in your inventory by half, and at most this saves you just under 2kg of weight. 1.5kg if you include the belt's weight. It's really bad.

Hinterland needs to come up with more interesting rewards for players. We got a rifle holster, which is an inventory buff, then we got the belt, which is *another* inventory buff, at the same time that we got the travois, which is another inventory buff

Like ok i get it weight is one of the biggest things you deal with in this game but jeez can we get some interesting rewards at least? All this stuff will hardly ever get used

Absolutely. We should have specialized acessory slots.

The problem is, nothing beats down vest + moose satchel with crampons swapped on for ropes. Everything else is just inferior.

To solve this, we should have:

Head acessory - wool wraps

Torso acessory - ballistic vest / down vest

Feet acessory: crampons (you hardly want them on all the time anyways, because of sprint malus)

Utility acessory: satchel, rifle holster, tool belt, every weight acessory shares this slot (so maybe buff the holster/tool belt)

1 each for every slot, that would be nice.

I understand its about choices, but ive heard of noone choosing anything else other than down vest+satchel anyways

• Upvote 1