Lighting Matches

nyfo29

Can we have just 1 way to light a match? Currently if you have both wooden and cardboard matches, you click then choose which to use, then click again to light. If you only have only 1 type of matches, you have to hold the button down or you'll waste a match. This seems a little ridiculous and early game when matches are worth their weight in gold, this mechanic can be very costly

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that the controls are fairly well tuned... I think that when folks make mistakes, it's better for us to take the opportunity to learn and get better at it... rather than ask Hinterland to change the controls for everyone  just to conform to what an individual  "thinks" would be "better."

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 3

It is a bit annoying to strike a match willy-nilly from a misclick, but on the flip side, I've gotten in several nasty maulings while trying to brute-force my way through the "light torch" match selection when I have both kinds in my inventory...

I do think it would be fine to add as an accessibility option, though.

• Upvote 1

When you're throwing rocks when trying to pick up rabbits you know there is a problem. This is all over the game. Personally I find it really funny, just imagine if this were the case in real life.

It's a cold and windy day. You've just gotten out of the shop and the wind is really getting to you so you take off your top layer of clothing....ahh, much warmer. You drive home but have trouble backing into the driveway because your neck just isn't working and you cannot look behind you. You get out of the car and go to pick up your bag of groceries but end up throwing your phone, smashing it on the pavement.

Disappointed, you grab the bag and head to the front door but cannot step up the stairs because they are higher than 1cm. You instead walk up a snow drift and goat around the 89 degree slope trim of the house to the second floor bedroom window and go inside. You try to open the door in the room but throw the bag of groceries instead. Frustrated, you decide to chug the 2L juice you got and just to go to sleep but you never wake up. You have died of dehydration.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:33 PM, ManicManiac said:

I think that the controls are fairly well tuned... I think that when folks make mistakes, it's better for us to take the opportunity to learn and get better at it... rather than ask Hinterland to change the controls for everyone  just to conform to what an individual  "thinks" would be "better."

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I have over 3200 hours in this game. I've seen players with more hours than that make this "mistake". Mostly it happens early in a run after a lengthy run where it didn't matter. It has nothing with getting better and everything with why is there 2 methods to lighting a match

• Upvote 1

To clarify for some, I'm not talking about why is there 2 types of matches. I'm talking about why do they make us click and hold to light when we have one type but click and click when we have both types.