Update?

survivor123

@survivor123

In case you were not around for the early days:

On 6/28/2019 at 11:50 AM, Admin said:

Since we’re not giving public release dates anymore (reasons outlined here), I’m hesitant to put a label on where we’re at with progress

excerpt from Dev Diary - March 2019

COMMUNICATING FUTURE RELEASE DATES

As you know, hitting publicly announced release dates has never been our strong suit. 

As an independent studio without a huge marketing machine behind us, we count on our relationship with our community to be positive so that you’ll help us spread the word about the work we’re doing. We know we harm this relationship when we promise to deliver things to you and then, for whatever reason, they fail to happen.

Unfortunately, project planning and game development as a whole is not an exact science, and while we are ready to work really hard to hit our goals, I’m not willing to crunch my team to do so. In order to be more fair to the community, and also more fair to the development team, I think the best approach for us is to refrain from offering any more public release dates. 

So, moving forward, we won’t publish release dates around any of our content, whether that be full Episodes or Survival Mode updates. We’ll keep working towards internal deadlines, of course, but we won’t share news on when we plan to ship updates until those updates are essentially finished. That way, when you hear a release date from us, you know it will happen. 

what Raph mentioned in Milton Mailbag -- Dispatch #41

I don't share speculative "release dates" because if I miss them people get mad. 
You have to understand that, unfortunately, we operate in an online culture that is not friendly to developers or anyone who stands in front of a community. And there are dark corners of this community (not necessarily in these forums) where people congregate with the intention of actively trying to hurt my studio.

----- 
To summarize:

There has always been a certain portion of the community that seems determined to try to make things unbearable for the rest of us with their vitriol, discontent, and rather disrespectful little tirades, especially during the course of just about every single release of any kind.  It's unfortunate... but sadly it's something we still have to deal with to this very day.  Sometimes I think that there are certain folks who just lay in wait to try and cause drama and havoc... some folks just seem to thrive on it.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Anyway, that's why we don't get much in the way of projected timelines.  

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

Bleak Inlet - December 9, 2019
Ash Canyon - December 7, 2020
Blackrock (Survival version) - December 7, 2021
Forsaken Airfield - December 5, 2022

+ December 1 is unlikely* on top of everything else as it's Friday, meaning if the launch is completely broken they would likely have to work overtime on weekend for quick hotfixes.

* Of course, I secretly still hope to be wrong and there's shock release on Dec 1 anyway. Particularly as this is my last empty weekend before the end of the year and next week in particular looks absolutely horrifying work-wise

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mistral said:

Bleak Inlet - December 9, 2019
Ash Canyon - December 7, 2020
Blackrock (Survival version) - December 7, 2021
Forsaken Airfield - December 5, 2022

Thanks for digging these out @Mistral.

I looked them up and they're all Mondays or Tuesdays, and I'll bet that's pattern they stick to. So... 1st Dec unlikely, but maybe Monday, or a week on Monday?

:flaregun:  ✨ HYPE ✨

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

Wait until the teaser trailer drops, and then you'll know it will be within a week

They don't always do teasers though, sometimes it goes live instantly. As was case with DLC part 3

Sometimes there's countdown timer, as there was with Ash Canyon and some others

Edited by Mistral

12 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

Yeah, usually the survival updates are at the end of the first week of December,

They're usually at the beginning of a week, a Monday or sometimes Tuesday, rather than the end of a week, but yeah around the Dec 5 - 10 sort of mark historically.