How TLD are ya?

conanjaguar

How TLD are ya?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Layman here but with strong leap towards Knight. 

I mean TLD is my N1 game but games like Witcher 3, RDR2, or upcomming Starfield are a must play. 

M<ostly tho i will play TLD and maybe one or 2 on the side but mainly TLD. It just calms my nerves. Really. 

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Layman here but with strong leap towards Knight. 

I mean TLD is my N1 game but games like Witcher 3, RDR2, or upcomming Starfield are a must play. 

M<ostly tho i will play TLD and maybe one or 2 on the side but mainly TLD. It just calms my nerves. Really. 

I beat rdr1 and I have the first disc for rdr2 but I can't find the second one.

Well, I dunno, I don't just play this game, but I play this game a LOT. I try to get other people into it, but I also play and advocate for other games. In terms of time put in I think I've probably played this game more than any other game at this point, but... o.g. Quake, Doom, and Heretic might put that to the test but there's no way to track how much time I spent on them back in the day. I just snapped this one, but I haven't actually started the game yet since I got up.

image.png.60ce781d6ecbac593c39c4d369593dc9.png

• Upvote 2

I have only about 5 games for my Xbox . Tld has clocked up about 6000 hours in the three/four years I've had it... The only other game I play regularity is house flipper, the total opposite of tld...

I have a switch lite with animal crossing new horizons which I play everyday ,but that's when my son has his playing time on the Xbox.. other than that one or two quick puzzle games rarely..

So I suppose I'm a Knight ..again(was one of my many  names a long time ago lol)

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

Knight definitely here: I keep playing other games regularly when they come up on sales. Right now waiting for a sale on BG3 or Starfield, whichever comes first. Then I'll play alternatively the one I bought on sale and TLD to calm down.

Always come back to TLD, for several years now... ;)

39 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I have only about 5 games for my Xbox . Tld has clocked up about 6000 hours in the three/four years I've had it... The only other game I play regularity is house flipper, the total opposite of tld...

I have a switch lite with animal crossing new horizons which I play everyday ,but that's when my son has his playing time on the Xbox.. other than that one or two quick puzzle games rarely..

So I suppose I'm a Knight ..again(was one of my many  names a long time ago lol)

You should definitely play the lego games on Xbox (btw do you have an Xbox 360?) If you do I have some games that I can't play because they're Xbox 360 only not Xbox 1 also red dead redemption is an amazing game.

1 minute ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

You should definitely play the lego games on Xbox (btw do you have an Xbox 360?) If you do I have some games that I can't play because they're Xbox 360 only not Xbox 1 also red dead redemption is an amazing game.

I've had most of the Lego games in the past,well me and my son, and they've all had a problem with them.. red dead two has good graphics but from what I've seen I don't like the gun mechanics and I think I'd have issues with it..  but thank you for the suggestions..

Nothing comes close to tld though..

• Upvote 1

I didn't vote because it really matters what other games are available.  I will periodically "shelf" TLD when another game catches my attention (BG3, upcoming Starfield) but I always seem to come back to TLD at some point.  When TLD updates come out, I may flip-flop between that and my latest "craze" but, once again, depends how "crazed" I am.

As far as game time, TLD probably has the record for me.  Close contenders would be:  Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout Series, RDR2 and possibly Cyberpunk 2077 (I'm sure there are others, after all, I've been PC gaming since 1984).

57 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I didn't vote because it really matters what other games are available.  I will periodically "shelf" TLD when another game catches my attention (BG3, upcoming Starfield) but I always seem to come back to TLD at some point.  When TLD updates come out, I may flip-flop between that and my latest "craze" but, once again, depends how "crazed" I am.

As far as game time, TLD probably has the record for me.  Close contenders would be:  Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout Series, RDR2 and possibly Cyberpunk 2077 (I'm sure there are others, after all, I've been PC gaming since 1984).

What da hail?!?! We're pc games invented before mario?!?!?!

3 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

What da hail?!?! We're pc games invented before mario?!?!?!

I’m pretty sure the first “recreational” PCs were Commodores or Ataris, which came out around that time.

6 hours ago, stratvox said:

o.g. Quake, Doom, and Heretic might put that to the test

Funny you should say that, I just got readdicted to Doom ‘93 this week :D. Still a blast to play, even after 30 years.

Edited by conanjaguar

For the last year, it’s all I play. Prior, I was mostly a COD player, though I played a couple other games as well. I’m hooked, and I selected crusader because I do tell other gamers about what lovable madness it is. On the other hand, I do usually take about a week off and sweat off the game “forever” when I die after a long run. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

lol, 'Heritic.'  Although, I do admit that this game has a cult-like following (the only ones that beat it are old classics like Doom, Undertale, and maybe Half-Life).

Knight.  Even if I play other games I just can't stop playing the Long Dark.  I like to preach the religion though to others 😁

Although, ya'll gotta admit that most people who have this game in there library are complete heritics and because of that, don't have a forum account, lol.

• Upvote 1