XBOX - Personal Notes tab

James Hickok

Hello,

The devs did fix the non working Personal notes tab but at the moment the way it works makes it almost usless. 

I mean that there is no way that you can jump to the paragraph below to start another line of text. Its all in onle line and if you want to start writing in paragraph below you have to space thru the text window and save notes to see if you are on the lower paragraph. Also if you by accident edit, misclick and save the text that you want to add the whole thing gets overwritten/dissapears. This makes the note pad amost impossible to use. The whole space in the note pad is just one text box. In my opinion it should be divided into paragraphs that can be scrolled up or down and edited independently. Please change that @Hinterland

• Upvote 4

On 7/28/2023 at 5:24 AM, James Hickok said:

Hello,

The devs did fix the non working Personal notes tab but at the moment the way it works makes it almost usless. 

I mean that there is no way that you can jump to the paragraph below to start another line of text. Its all in onle line and if you want to start writing in paragraph below you have to space thru the text window and save notes to see if you are on the lower paragraph. Also if you by accident edit, misclick and save the text that you want to add the whole thing gets overwritten/dissapears. This makes the note pad amost impossible to use. The whole space in the note pad is just one text box. In my opinion it should be divided into paragraphs that can be scrolled up or down and edited independently. Please change that @Hinterland

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! 

Speaking of the journal, could we see “days in” trackers added for keepers pass north and south, winding river, crumbling highway and the far range? 

and also I ask you guys to please consider updating the journal to be more more immersive looking again and less generic menu system, imho it was better when it looked like this 1D57378E-9949-43FE-A003-633B4C5D2A72.thumb.jpeg.463bc8485d0043749f44cd5a0f730031.jpeg092E2C3D-DBAB-450E-9FA4-1FE2B516C859.thumb.jpeg.e61aef057bb19fba4b7954e223d6d9ab.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Speaking of the journal, could we see “days in” trackers added for keepers pass north and south, winding river, crumbling highway and the far range? 

and also I ask you guys to please consider updating the journal to be more more immersive looking again and less generic menu system, imho it was better when it looked like this 1D57378E-9949-43FE-A003-633B4C5D2A72.thumb.jpeg.463bc8485d0043749f44cd5a0f730031.jpeg092E2C3D-DBAB-450E-9FA4-1FE2B516C859.thumb.jpeg.e61aef057bb19fba4b7954e223d6d9ab.jpeg

So cool. Is it a mod? 

As I recall, that change happened because people on the consoles couldn't use it; trying to navigate that interface with a mouse and keyboard was a snap, but using a game controller was almost impossible.

I agree though, it looks about a thousand times better.

Edited by stratvox
premature enterization

28 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Looks better, but for practical purposes, I personally prefer a "list".  I abhor having to turn 5 pages in a journal to get to the page to make something.

Things don’t need to change in functionality, and I would argue that a visualization of a page turning is no different than r/l bumper across tabs? It’s the way you describe as it is already? Open journal, tab 4 times to get to the blueprints, scroll down 5 categories of prints, tab over to the prints in that category, scroll down to the blueprint you want to craft?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Things don’t need to change in functionality, and I would argue that a visualization of a page turning is no different than r/l bumper across tabs? It’s the way you describe as it is already? Open journal, tab 4 times to get to the blueprints, scroll down 5 categories of prints, tab over to the prints in that category, scroll down to the blueprint you want to craft?

Let's consider your first image - Blueprints.  There are 6 items visible without scrolling.  In a list (without related pictures), you can show a lot more items before being required to scroll.

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Let's consider your first image - Blueprints.  There are 6 items visible without scrolling.  In a list (without related pictures), you can show a lot more items before being required to scroll.

So it’s not the tabbing through the other inventory menus or scrolling down the blueprints categories to the type of blueprint or even the tabbing into that type of blueprints list and having to also scroll down through the plethora of blueprints in that list that is an issue for you but you draw the line at having to scroll through pictures? Is it really such a killer to want the menu we spend a good 25% of our game time interacting with to not look like an excel spreadsheet?

5 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

So it’s not the tabbing through the other inventory menus or scrolling down the blueprints categories to the type of blueprint or even the tabbing into that type of blueprints list and having to also scroll down through the plethora of blueprints in that list that is an issue for you but you draw the line at having to scroll through pictures? Is it really such a killer to want the menu we spend a good 25% of our game time interacting with to not look like an excel spreadsheet?

I believe I've stated my personal preference.  I'm sorry that it does not coincide with yours.  Let's leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

The old style is cool...  But what about having it just for maps and maybe collectables...  Or even just for the notes and daily log..

I don’t think it would be worth the effort of the studio just for those menus being they are the least used, and maps take up the entire screen not that I’m opposed to a first person perspective holding our charcoal map, and yea it would be cool to have our notes and daily log appear in a notebook in a handwritten font, and see collectibles/stats but I don’t really see the issues having the whole menu look like this I’m not saying functionally change the menu just aesthetically, to me it just makes sense they’re adding more and more collectibles, now we have recipes too which there will be more of based on there’s a slot for but no used can recipes yet, so from an immersive perspective it would be better to have a journal with the recipes glued to a page, or our blueprints written out looking handwritten or the notes laid out as pages in your journal as they appear as their assets some torn, stained, bloody, Ect, all of a sudden you have this really detailed log of your run, having it set up that way might even encourage people to write in the log more feeling more personalized. That just my two cents 

3 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I don’t think it would be worth the effort of the studio just for those menus being they are the least used, and maps take up the entire screen not that I’m opposed to a first person perspective holding our charcoal map, and yea it would be cool to have our notes and daily log appear in a notebook in a handwritten font, and see collectibles/stats but I don’t really see the issues having the whole menu look like this I’m not saying functionally change the menu just aesthetically, to me it just makes sense they’re adding more and more collectibles, now we have recipes too which there will be more of based on there’s a slot for but no used can recipes yet, so from an immersive perspective it would be better to have a journal with the recipes glued to a page, or our blueprints written out looking handwritten or the notes laid out as pages in your journal as they appear as their assets some torn, stained, bloody, Ect, all of a sudden you have this really detailed log of your run, having it set up that way might even encourage people to write in the log more feeling more personalized. That just my two cents 

It was just a thought....  Maybe a compromise of sorts..    I'm far from knowledgeable on the technical side of doing it..  

I'm happy with the way it is now but I still like the look of the old one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It was just a thought....  Maybe a compromise of sorts..    I'm far from knowledgeable on the technical side of doing it..  

I'm happy with the way it is now but I still like the look of the old one.

I’m not being intentionally confrontational just trying to share my and see other perspectives and understand the logics, I like what you said it would be cool to have at least recipes collectibles Polaroids and notes in a book or something I just think from a studio pov it’s be an all or nothing they already ditched that design once but that was a decade ago

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I’m not being intentionally confrontational just trying to share my and see other perspectives and understand the logics, I like what you said it would be cool to have at least recipes collectibles Polaroids and notes in a book or something I just think from a studio pov it’s be an all or nothing they already ditched that design once but that was a decade ago

I know you weren't... I wasn't either😊.     

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

They might introduce a photo album for those...  I mean you might be able to take hundreds of pictures so where will they all go...   If they do make an album it's be neat if it did look like the old book.

That’s true I could see them incorporating it into safehouse custom to as hanging art 

On 8/6/2023 at 4:29 PM, Enigmaecho said:

That old journal does look much better…

And @hozz1235, per your concern that it would be a nightmare for consoles, wouldn’t it work much the same way as the journal we have now? We still have to tab left/right and scroll down either way 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

That’s true I could see them incorporating it into safehouse custom to as hanging art 

That's what I'm hoping for... There's some stunning views out there... And Molly's house is a bit swamped in bad memories😁

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2023 at 4:29 PM, Enigmaecho said:

@Admin I wanted to bring this up again in light of the latest update. The new hand coverings, rifle animations, harvest animations are all wonderfully immersive and transformative for the play experience and with that and the implications you were looking to tackle other immersive animations I was inspired to bring this up again, I know this was the old iteration of the journal but I really would love to see something more like this come back in replacement of the menu style we’ve had since you changed this design. Also of note, would still love to see the missing transitions added to the day counters, ZOC is currently not tracking days at all, notes/mementos are inaccurate there are more items than the counter max i.e. I have 47 of the “25”notes and 48/44 mementos 

Final note, I love the new immersion and I can’t wait to see what else you decide to animate 

• Upvote 1