Possible Spoilers- New Ice Fishing Holes

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, Nikikeya said:

I'm on PS4, and I've tried to make an ice fishing whole dozens of times, but I still can't find "Suitable Ice" anyone know what that even means?

So far, I've only found 2 spots - One on the pond in the Milton Basin just below the cave and one on the lower pond in Broken Railroad.  It's fiddly, but when you're near suitable ice instead of getting the text message you see your hole appear (it may be red or green, just like when you're trying to place a fire or a snow shelter.  The issue is that you can't just walk along with the interface open if you get the text message.  You have to keep closing it and trying from fresh in a new spot.  I think it's probably a bug (at least on the Xbox X), but I can't be sure.  If it is a bug, it may be what's preventing it from working in more of the locations listed in the Wiki.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

So far, I've only found 2 spots - One on the pond in the Milton Basin just below the cave and one on the lower pond in Broken Railroad.  It's fiddly, but when you're near suitable ice instead of getting the text message you see your hole appear (it may be red or green, just like when you're trying to place a fire or a snow shelter.  The issue is that you can't just walk along with the interface open if you get the text message.  You have to keep closing it and trying from fresh in a new spot.  I think it's probably a bug (at least on the Xbox X), but I can't be sure.  If it is a bug, it may be what's preventing it from working in more of the locations listed in the Wiki.

Oh! Okay thank you. I'm in Milton right now incidentally, so I'll run over and take a shifty.