How to get a refund on steam?

In May Dev Diary they said

"I completely understand if any of you feel burned by this situation and want to have TALES refunded. We can’t issue refunds ourselves, but you can request them from the platform you purchased the game on."

I tried to get a refund on steam but steam told me "there does not seem to be an official request from this publisher for this" and they cant make a refund. 

How can I get a refund now for the Tales DLC? 

Edited by hipsu555
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2023 at 4:25 AM, hipsu555 said:

Not many, but the purchase was more than 2 weeks ago and steam only refunds within 2 weeks by themself 

Thank you for reaching out. In some cases, Valve can offer refunds on a discretionary basis. However, we are currently investigating this, and we will follow up with additional information as soon as it is available.

We appreciate your patience.

i understand how you feel, and im not going to try to stop you, but give hinterland a chance, its not fair to want a refund after all the work they put in, they're not a big studio, nor do they have the money of one, and all of these refunds are going to hurt the studio in more ways than one

• Upvote 1

I tend to think, generally speaking, if a person wanted a refund from Steam, Epic, Xbox/Microsoft, Nintendo, GoG, etc...  then it would be a good idea to contact them more directly and ask about it, rather than asking Hinterland what other distributor's/vendor's policies are.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I think that anyone wanting a refund from HTL is being very unreasonable. 

TLD is the best game I have ever come across, by a long, long way.  OK, there are problems, but even with those problems it is still an excellenbt games and extremely good value.

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, hipsu555 said:

I think they had more than enough chances. Its not like its the first time something like this happens. 

@Admin Any news? 

Thank you for your patience as we worked through this question with our partners at Valve. We have put in the formal request to bypass the typical limitations on refunds (2 days of playtime or 2 weeks or ownership) for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY. You should reference the May Dev Diary as your reason for requesting the refund. 

• 4 months later...

Hey @Admin just wanted to know if this is a permanent thing or you have to renew the request, can we still get a refund on TFTFT whenever?  Just to clarify I'm not looking to get a refund just curious if it has to be renewed on say a monthly basis or something like that.

Edited by rush247

On 5/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, peteloud said:

I think that anyone wanting a refund from HTL is being very unreasonable. 

TLD is the best game I have ever come across, by a long, long way.  OK, there are problems, but even with those problems it is still an excellenbt games and extremely good value.

It's perfectly reasonable to want a refund. Some people can't even load the game. Personally I find the survival sandbox to be at best okay. The atmosphere is excellent but it falls apart with so many other things that for me personally it's just not something I've decided to spend time on.

Story mode can rely on story and atmosphere though, and I do like a good story game. I am hoping it's good when I finally am able to play it.

9 minutes ago, odizzido said:

Some people can't even load the game.

Speaking of that maybe Hinterland should see about making a similar request (but for all products not just TFTFT) on Epic if it's possible cause they're still having that exact problem even after the supposed fix in one of the last updates.