What's the creepiest place in TLD?

Robbiieeee

That is spot on @ManicManiac! Desolate, depressing, disaster. Most regions I look forward to visiting and learning more about....FM I just always try to avoid just because of the feeling I get when I enter. Maybe it goes way back to story mode and having that giant bear stalking me in FM? Not sure what it is, but the area has no appeal to me. Much happier on Crystal Lake or PV or CH, all of which have more charm factor for me.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Back to Forlorn Muskeg: I think it is trying to kill me!

The last TWO times I went through FM, I walked up on a bear. First time, I just shot and killed a wolf, suddenly hear a bear to my right, spin and grab my rifle...pop..pop..got two shots off the second of which put him in flight and saved my bacon. About 30 minutes ago, I am heading back to TWM from FA after finishing the challenge, feeling good about all the new stuff I got. Get to the end of the train wreck in FM (first one coming from FA direction, not second one) and am in autowalk mode cuz never saw anything in that area but a wolf and had a pistol out. I suddenly see a bear about 20 feet in front of me as I pop over that little hill of snow. SMASH keyboard trying to stop, luckily hit some key that stopped me, hit crouch. Wait for attack...somehow the bear didn't see me, which I don't think IRL would be possible as we were almost face to face. Sneak back to the fallen tree and crouch under there, wait 20 minutes game time, and continue as he is over to the right at a safe-ish distance. Then I walk up on 4 wolves! I am really tired so I grab Vaughn's and fire twice, missing once and nailing one of them on the second shot, dispatching another with the pistol a bit later, but so tired I miss it, but it ran scared. WHEW! I am on day 430, trying to get that 500 day achievement. Almost got killed by FM again! 

• Upvote 1

The summit and PV plane crash together.  Starting in TWM and finding pieces of wreckage scattered all over the region and then getting to the summit only to find a couple of corpses in the snow next to only the tail section of the plane (imagining it must have been a cargo jet)... and then going over the PV to discover the front part of the plane and all the suitcases and corpses and realizing it was a passenger plane... or perhaps a mid-air collision of two planes.

Edited by UpUpAway95

34 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

Since the update I started to hear bear breathing noises in Poachers train car at FM. That was a disturbing feeling in the middle of the night.

I've had that too  and a few other places...no sign of the bear anywhere...

The railroad tunnel, on the way to the far territories... when you're squeezing along between the tunnel wall & stranded freight cars, and there's that one car with the side door open, and you take a look inside...

Edited by Kranium
  • Upvote 1

For me it is the gassed area in Blackrock mine. It is foggy, confined area and death is imminent if you make one mistake. Mainly the fog, dark and crampedness is the factor of creepiness for me.

Second place takes the basement in Mollys house. Maybe because of the storyline.