What story you think went on in specific locations

desertedone

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Well, since I can Plesant Valley home, I find it hard to get into situations with the weather. I'm used to laying blizzard lines with torches and flares everywhere I go. So it's really only a matter of time before I have a good knowledge of the region.  I'm definitely torn between spending another 20 to 30 days in the Back Rock region, I haven't even found a bear there yet so I feel like my trip is incomplete without a bear kill; and going to scavenge the mines.

Well yes I can understand that...  Pv is pv😁.     But I do find BlackRock harsher and even more erratic than pv....   The bear roll does make a difference though.

If you find that bear say hi from me....and enjoy the steaks😊.     

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well yes I can understand that...  Pv is pv😁.     But I do find BlackRock harsher and even more erratic than pv....   The bear roll does make a difference though.

If you find that bear say hi from me....and enjoy the steaks😊.     

Lol I'll try my best, I wish there was a bear and wolf pie like you can get with venison and ptarmigan. Or maybe I haven't discovered the recipe yet.

What makes the blizzards and weather in BR so different is the Timber Wolves. But after getting the hand grenades (noise makers), there's nothing stopping me now lol I'm a single anomaly the creatures of GB see last. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I'll try my best, I wish there was a bear and wolf pie like you can get with venison and ptarmigan. Or maybe I haven't discovered the recipe yet.

What makes the blizzards and weather in BR so different is the Timber Wolves. But after getting the hand grenades (noise makers), there's nothing stopping me now lol I'm a single anomaly the creatures of GB see last. 

That would be good,tucking into a bear pie....  Revenge is a dish best served hot in this occasion😁

Fear the reaper twolves😊👍

After ditching the tourists at the return point our unnamed man headed up to wolfs jaw to snap a photograph and then went in search of the canyons fabled old gold mine, 2 days later and he was inside but the chest pains he’d felt at the climbers cave were not heartburn and his ticker timed out 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That would be good,tucking into a bear pie....  Revenge is a dish best served hot in this occasion😁

Fear the reaper twolves😊👍

Well, at this point, the t wolves are decaying in the sun and snow. They are worm food for the next little while.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

There is a bear and wolf pie 😉 good hunting 

On 6/24/2023 at 3:52 AM, Leeanda said:

I don't remember seeing that..,where is it exactly?

So I was so wrong with where this body is. Like really really really wrong. I am so sorry!!! If you're headed to ML, instead of turning left to the damn, turn right. They are down by the dead end. Doesn't explain why they are there any more, but it does explain why you didn't find them. I'm sorry, I'm just an idiot who misremembered something quite unique.

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

So I was so wrong with where this body is. Like really really really wrong. I am so sorry!!! If you're headed to ML, instead of turning left to the damn, turn right. They are down by the dead end. Doesn't explain why they are there any more, but it does explain why you didn't find them. I'm sorry, I'm just an idiot who misremembered something quite unique.

No worries...  😊.  Pv is my home anyway so it wasn't far away.. you're not an idiot,we all do it👍😊

I'm so bad at remembering names I just make them up. Makes it very difficult sometimes to explain where I am.

On 12/31/2022 at 2:14 PM, ManicManiac said:

20221231110534_1.thumb.jpg.1808799b18cff5e41fd40531e921d184.jpg20221231110551_1.thumb.jpg.50a53a31b1f2f1869a862669504055ba.jpg
It seems that Dave's last visit to his Quiet Clearing, really was his last... not entirely sure what happened.  Either way it clearly wasn't a happy ending.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Wolves from the lake chased him in there, got distracted by a dear, he just got stuck there and a blizzard hit. Dave's seen better moments. R.I.P. Dave.

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

No worries...  😊.  Pv is my home anyway so it wasn't far away.. you're not an idiot,we all do it👍😊

I'm so bad at remembering names I just make them up. Makes it very difficult sometimes to explain where I am.

I need to do the cartography achievement and just explore more. I kinda just wander the same loop of PV, CH, and ML., cause I'm comfy and scared of losing the run. I'm still going for the 500 day achievement for the first time and I'm almost half way there. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Wolves from the lake chased him in there, got distracted by a dear, he just got stuck there and a blizzard hit. Dave's seen better moments. R.I.P. Dave.

I need to do the cartography achievement and just explore more. I kinda just wander the same loop of PV, CH, and ML., cause I'm comfy and scared of losing the run. I'm still going for the 500 day achievement for the first time and I'm almost half way there. 

I do the same thing usually , but after a while you get comfortable enough to go off the beaten track and do the nooks and crannies...  I've spent so much time in pv in the last  few years but I still haven't explored all the little bits. And I'm still finding surprises .    

I did the cartography achievement near the beginning and I still can't remember how😁.  Hrv is a complete mystery and I remember it took me three full days to find the exit..  I hardly ever set foot in there now.  😀.  

You'll be fine if you just do what you feel comfortable doing, and you're enjoying it .   Even I'm still learning after over three years so take your time .you'll get there👍🙂

What difficulty are you playing on?

Edited by Leeanda

38 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I do the same thing usually , but after a while you get comfortable enough to go off the beaten track and do the nooks and crannies...  I've spent so much time in pv in the last  few years but I still haven't explored all the little bits. And I'm still finding surprises .    

I did the cartography achievement near the beginning and I still can't remember how😁.  Hrv is a complete mystery and I remember it took me three full days to find the exit..  I hardly ever set foot in there now.  😀.  

You'll be fine if you just do what you feel comfortable doing, and you're enjoying it .   Even I'm still learning after over three years so take your time .you'll get there👍🙂

What difficulty are you playing on?

I play on Voyager, not that hard, but I don't have the instinctual knowledge of the game down. I hunt bears all the time, still panic when they turn around and mosey towards me lol. I kinda also find it funny right after I say I'm playing it safe, I decide to go hit the cannery and see if fluffy is home, but she wasn't. 

I don't map much because I'm a cheese fellow and use the extended night companion app for help way to often lol.

I play on Voyager, not that hard, but I don't have the instinctual knowledge of the game down. I hunt bears all the time, still panic when they turn around and mosey towards me lol. I kinda also find it funny right after I say I'm playing it safe, I decide to go hit the cannery and see if fluffy is home, but she wasn't. 

I don't map much because I'm a cheese fellow and use the extended night companion app for help way to often lol.

Lol.. if you can handle bears and the cannery then you're doing better than you think...  That little rascal has caused many deaths ,even mine on pilgrim..

I didn't know there was an app.. that would've come in handy a few times.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol.. if you can handle bears and the cannery then you're doing better than you think...  That little rascal has caused many deaths ,even mine on pilgrim..

I didn't know there was an app.. that would've come in handy a few times.

Well, I'm not out yet. Just got the aura. I'm surrounded by the TW and I didn't bring enough arrows.  I might be dropping all sorts of weight and running for the exist. I found the Foresters Revolver, but since I don't usually carry guns, I don't have ammo. Found 10 rounds but that didn't last long between 2 packs of the TW I was swarmed by.  Flares are basically gone, I've got like 5 Marine flares and torches for days if the wind would ever stop. But I did find that fire hardened arrows will cause a TW pack to lose moral so fast. Doesn't hurt them, but a shot to the face makes a huge difference. Body shots work as well.

Well, I'm not out yet. Just got the aura. I'm surrounded by the TW and I didn't bring enough arrows.  I might be dropping all sorts of weight and running for the exist. I found the Foresters Revolver, but since I don't usually carry guns, I don't have ammo. Found 10 rounds but that didn't last long between 2 packs of the TW I was swarmed by.  Flares are basically gone, I've got like 5 Marine flares and torches for days if the wind would ever stop. But I did find that fire hardened arrows will cause a TW pack to lose moral so fast. Doesn't hurt them, but a shot to the face makes a huge difference. Body shots work as well.

Nothing will work on them during the aurora anyway...    Can you get to the workers room and stay there for the night? Or maybe just sleep in the cannery itself.   It'd be a lot safer. 

I haven't really used the new arrows but I'm surprised they lower morale.   I know they can scare off a wolf sometimes but that's not aurora ones...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Nothing will work on them during the aurora anyway...    Can you get to the workers room and stay there for the night? Or maybe just sleep in the cannery itself.   It'd be a lot safer. 

I haven't really used the new arrows but I'm surprised they lower morale.   I know they can scare off a wolf sometimes but that's not aurora ones...

Oh I'm safe for the moment, I'm in the locked section of the cannery. My next move if it's not a blizzard is replicate my path to the SV bunker, grab what I dropped there and get to FM. Just headed to work so my dangerous adventure is on hold till later tonight or tomorrow.

Oh I'm safe for the moment, I'm in the locked section of the cannery. My next move if it's not a blizzard is replicate my path to the SV bunker, grab what I dropped there and get to FM. Just headed to work so my dangerous adventure is on hold till later tonight or tomorrow.

Well that's good.    It's a handy bunker ,makes the cave a bit pointless though🙂. Unless you have cabin fever . 

Good luck getting out the cannery.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Well that's good.    It's a handy bunker ,makes the cave a bit pointless though🙂. Unless you have cabin fever . 

Good luck getting out the cannery.

Thank you!! I'll need it. I only got knocked down once on the way in and won the struggle so getting out might be just as violent cause I know the cannery pack is only missing 2 of the pack and it was one of the big packs.  I know that there is also a similar sized pack near the frozen delta that I avoided once already, but I will do my best to escape with my life intact. Worse comes to worse, I start a new run and avoid BI mostly until after 500.

9 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Thank you!! I'll need it. I only got knocked down once on the way in and won the struggle so getting out might be just as violent cause I know the cannery pack is only missing 2 of the pack and it was one of the big packs.  I know that there is also a similar sized pack near the frozen delta that I avoided once already, but I will do my best to escape with my life intact. Worse comes to worse, I start a new run and avoid BI mostly until after 500.

You can drop down from the pier ,it'll save you going through the middle of the cannery grounds. And give you a head start.  But if it's not windy a good torch will help. 

Have you thought of using the secret pathway and goating down to the bunker?

Edited by Leeanda

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

You can drop down from the pier ,it'll save you going through the middle of the cannery grounds. And give you a head start.  But if it's not windy a good torch will help. 

Have you thought of using the secret pathway and goating down to the bunker?

I don't know the region well enough to get there quickly. Even with a map in hand, I'm going to panic and make at least one bad decision that's going to get me hurt. I did use the path after I went to echo one. Didn't know where I was going, but it was away from danger lol. I've dropped a trail of torches to lead me back to the bunker. It takes me near the moose, but I can deal with the moose more easily than the TW. I don't know if I'll make it out in one piece, but it's got to happen.

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I don't know the region well enough to get there quickly. Even with a map in hand, I'm going to panic and make at least one bad decision that's going to get me hurt. I did use the path after I went to echo one. Didn't know where I was going, but it was away from danger lol. I've dropped a trail of torches to lead me back to the bunker. It takes me near the moose, but I can deal with the moose more easily than the TW. I don't know if I'll make it out in one piece, but it's got to happen.

Have faith in yourself...  You got there so you did something right😊.     

If you are struggling with twolves though ,there are some good videos out there that'll help.. @Zaknafein has done one or two. 

41 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Have faith in yourself...  You got there so you did something right😊.     

If you are struggling with twolves though ,there are some good videos out there that'll help.. @Zaknafein has done one or two. 

LMFAO I use his videos all the time, Survivor Mike as well. DDR Jake has a series called single region survivor that's really helped me learn the maps as he's very repetitive in his safe routes and that's helped so much. I'm nervous around them, but in the year I've been playing, and the time I've spent in BRP, I've only had one knockdown by them. 1 and 0 for the struggle and I've wasted so many in BRP that they almost don't respawn. I'm more worried about making the wrong path and ending up falling through the ice. But I'm already at the SV bunker. It feels like there is a major delay in respawn time after an aura cause there wasn't any wild life at all. No wolves, no moose, no deer. I just ran and ran and ran some more. Burned a days energy in 20 min. I'll be back for a full region conquer soon enough. Debating on going to the air field since I'm close and exploring that region more. That or HRV.

LMFAO I use his videos all the time, Survivor Mike as well. DDR Jake has a series called single region survivor that's really helped me learn the maps as he's very repetitive in his safe routes and that's helped so much. I'm nervous around them, but in the year I've been playing, and the time I've spent in BRP, I've only had one knockdown by them. 1 and 0 for the struggle and I've wasted so many in BRP that they almost don't respawn. I'm more worried about making the wrong path and ending up falling through the ice. But I'm already at the SV bunker. It feels like there is a major delay in respawn time after an aura cause there wasn't any wild life at all. No wolves, no moose, no deer. I just ran and ran and ran some more. Burned a days energy in 20 min. I'll be back for a full region conquer soon enough. Debating on going to the air field since I'm close and exploring that region more. That or HRV.

I don't know DDR Jake, I'll have to look that one up.     

Well moose are pretty scarce anyway so they're usually a lot slower to spawn after an aurora. I never see deer in bleak ,except carcasses and once every six ISH runs there'll be one near the lone cabin in the north east.   

But there is a small gap when they change from aurora to regular so sounds like you timed it just right.

Lol.  I run everywhere,so I'm always ready to sleep😁 

I'd rather go to forsaken and risk a migraine than go to hrv😁.   It's a nice quiet walk through transfer pass though. The train station is very cosy and I love looking out the windows.. I wish we could do that everywhere.