What story you think went on in specific locations

desertedone

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I don't know DDR Jake, I'll have to look that one up.     

Well moose are pretty scarce anyway so they're usually a lot slower to spawn after an aurora. I never see deer in bleak ,except carcasses and once every six ISH runs there'll be one near the lone cabin in the north east.   

But there is a small gap when they change from aurora to regular so sounds like you timed it just right.

Lol.  I run everywhere,so I'm always ready to sleep😁 

I'd rather go to forsaken and risk a migraine than go to hrv😁.   It's a nice quiet walk through transfer pass though. The train station is very cosy and I love looking out the windows.. I wish we could do that everywhere.

I found DDR Jake last week. It's streams uploaded to YouTube in whole. So there's allot to go through and I find it helpful to watch. But they are very very long videos.

Well as I made it too the transition cave I saw the moose. He was out and about. I've got good luck with moose. I think BRP is the only region I haven't found one in yet. I don't normally go after them, but they are a nice get out of jail free card when you're really hungry. I only want to go to HRV for the bunker, it's my stocked hunting location and I want the hunters revolver for the collection at home. 

Cool mechanic I'd love to see: weak spots in the snow while bouldering. This poor person died miserable and impaled.

a9444bd7-28ea-4f6f-aed3-915c0c29ea0b.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I found DDR Jake last week. It's streams uploaded to YouTube in whole. So there's allot to go through and I find it helpful to watch. But they are very very long videos.

Well as I made it too the transition cave I saw the moose. He was out and about. I've got good luck with moose. I think BRP is the only region I haven't found one in yet. I don't normally go after them, but they are a nice get out of jail free card when you're really hungry. I only want to go to HRV for the bunker, it's my stocked hunting location and I want the hunters revolver for the collection at home. 

Cool mechanic I'd love to see: weak spots in the snow while bouldering. This poor person died miserable and impaled.

a9444bd7-28ea-4f6f-aed3-915c0c29ea0b.png

Ouch..  I havent seen him for a while.   

I don't mind long videos, and it gives me something to watch when my son's playing his rubbish😁

I haven't found the hunters ,it's missing. I presume a bug for custom runs.  

Well whichever way you go I wish you luck.. they're both tough places

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ouch..  I havent seen him for a while.   

I don't mind long videos, and it gives me something to watch when my son's playing his rubbish😁

I haven't found the hunters ,it's missing. I presume a bug for custom runs.  

Well whichever way you go I wish you luck.. they're both tough places

DDR Jake is worth the time. Especially as a new player.

After the cannery, nothing is tough. At least not where wildlife is concerned. I thought BRP was as bad as it got, but that's changed. BI is the scariest and hardest region I've ever set foot into. I'd rather be naked in FM than fully kitted out in BI. FM has ended more of my runs than any other region. The bear that wanders near the BR transfer has my number. He's the Reaper of my soul and my white whale. I'll get brave one day and wear him for a coat, but more likely I'll get eaten😂😂. My most rememberable death came from being a total noob, slept with meat on me and well, he got me in my sleep. Learn my lessons the hard way lmfao.

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

DDR Jake is worth the time. Especially as a new player.

After the cannery, nothing is tough. At least not where wildlife is concerned. I thought BRP was as bad as it got, but that's changed. BI is the scariest and hardest region I've ever set foot into. I'd rather be naked in FM than fully kitted out in BI. FM has ended more of my runs than any other region. The bear that wanders near the BR transfer has my number. He's the Reaper of my soul and my white whale. I'll get brave one day and wear him for a coat, but more likely I'll get eaten😂😂. My most rememberable death came from being a total noob, slept with meat on me and well, he got me in my sleep. Learn my lessons the hard way lmfao.

There are a few spots in BlackRock I wouldn't go near on anything other than pilgrim. 

Those forlorn bears are rather conveniently covering both exits  😁.  And when it's foggy they seem to get a lot quieter when they're wandering around..    

You must be the first person I've heard of dying in their sleep from an animal attack.. mostly it's the cold that kills.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There are a few spots in BlackRock I wouldn't go near on anything other than pilgrim. 

Those forlorn bears are rather conveniently covering both exits  😁.  And when it's foggy they seem to get a lot quieter when they're wandering around..    

You must be the first person I've heard of dying in their sleep from an animal attack.. mostly it's the cold that kills.

Technically, I died trying to fight the bear after the attack in my sleep, but my health was basically zero after the first mauling. The second came from me being unsure of where to go and I panicked and shot the bear thinking I would go down swinging if needed. He gave me a quick death right after. But I billy goated up a shelf I thought was safe, but it turned out to be easily accessable to the bear. But in the end, I was just a noob doing noob things lol. Didn't think about sleeping with smell at all. Didn't even know you could be attacked in your sleep at that point. 

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Where in Black Rock?

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Technically, I died trying to fight the bear after the attack in my sleep, but my health was basically zero after the first mauling. The second came from me being unsure of where to go and I panicked and shot the bear thinking I would go down swinging if needed. He gave me a quick death right after. But I billy goated up a shelf I thought was safe, but it turned out to be easily accessable to the bear. But in the end, I was just a noob doing noob things lol. Didn't think about sleeping with smell at all. Didn't even know you could be attacked in your sleep at that point. 

Well I think it's best to go down fighting😁

Every new game I get I get myself killed in every way possible first before getting stuck in properly..  

The custom settings on tld  are a joy .. there's just so many ways to play and get killed.. 

The only one I have left is death by arrows which I just haven't managed yet... But I will.😊

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Where in Black Rock?

The radio shed... It's an ambush and the twolves have a habit of merging packs and glitching..

Once you get to the door ,you're surrounded..  I've seen a few seasoned lopers go down there. 

One of the barns has a similar problem but I can't remember the name of it.

Edited by Leeanda

45 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

The radio shed... It's an ambush and the twolves have a habit of merging packs and glitching..

Once you get to the door ,you're surrounded..  I've seen a few seasoned lopers go down there. 

One of the barns has a similar problem but I can't remember the name of it.

I'm strangely addicted to using that shed for a fight lol. I didn't know packs could merge but that does explain why it's always a massive pack there. Pretty sure your talking about Cooks farm near the prison and the road to the mine. I try to avoid open structures because I'm not sure what the limits on predators are. And I'm too chicken to find out lol.

Certain things in this game make me nervous, structures and weather. Certain locations like FM keep me away cause the ice sucks or I'm still learning. Rarely do animals bother me. But sometimes I make life ending mistakes.

I'm strangely addicted to using that shed for a fight lol. I didn't know packs could merge but that does explain why it's always a massive pack there. Pretty sure your talking about Cooks farm near the prison and the road to the mine. I try to avoid open structures because I'm not sure what the limits on predators are. And I'm too chicken to find out lol.

Certain things in this game make me nervous, structures and weather. Certain locations like FM keep me away cause the ice sucks or I'm still learning. Rarely do animals bother me. But sometimes I make life ending mistakes.

You like the radio shed???😁.   Have you heard them scratching at the door waiting for you to come out?   Mind you I'm not sure they still do that.  

I know I play pilgrim but I have done stalker in BlackRock  but I avoided that place like the plague after my first trip there...  I got stuck in there all night and even when a blizzard turned up next morning they were still out there..   not sure how I escaped actually 😁

The trouble is you think it's one pack and when you hit some and the morale goes down ,you think you've got a few left.. it then turns out you've only reduced one packs morale and the others are still at full...  Unless you've got tons of ammo or arrows it takes so long to get rid of both metres. 

We all make mistakes in this game,its just part of the learning curve .  The weather can be awful in some places ,forlorn is very changeable and that fog can really come down quickly.. not welcome when you're out on the ice 😊.  But you're right to take it slowly and be cautious.   Dashing around will get you killed...   

51 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You like the radio shed???😁.   Have you heard them scratching at the door waiting for you to come out?   Mind you I'm not sure they still do that.  

I know I play pilgrim but I have done stalker in BlackRock  but I avoided that place like the plague after my first trip there...  I got stuck in there all night and even when a blizzard turned up next morning they were still out there..   not sure how I escaped actually 😁

The trouble is you think it's one pack and when you hit some and the morale goes down ,you think you've got a few left.. it then turns out you've only reduced one packs morale and the others are still at full...  Unless you've got tons of ammo or arrows it takes so long to get rid of both metres. 

We all make mistakes in this game,its just part of the learning curve .  The weather can be awful in some places ,forlorn is very changeable and that fog can really come down quickly.. not welcome when you're out on the ice 😊.  But you're right to take it slowly and be cautious.   Dashing around will get you killed...   

I like it for fighting. They just come to you. So if I've been away for a few weeks, I'll go in loaded to teeth and head strait there. Get the fight started and over with. I'll lose half the arrows I come with. Get jacked up a bit, but I can back into the corner set a fire in one of the walking paths and funnel everyone into a narrow gap. You'll get 3 wolves coming through at once, even if you miss the one you're aiming at, you'll hit something. If you're not prepared at all, you're definitely getting eaten. The radio hut is a noob trap. If it's your first time there and dealing with the TW, that's the day you're going to learn not all predators are created equal. They are relentless.  I really hope the cougar is as relentless as they are when it's introduced. 

I heard them at the cannery all night. Just howling away, I think they should give you insomnia cause that much noise all night should keep you up, plus fear is a very real emotion. Force you too break the pack. Fight or die, you're not sleeping till they are gone.

• Upvote 1

I like it for fighting. They just come to you. So if I've been away for a few weeks, I'll go in loaded to teeth and head strait there. Get the fight started and over with. I'll lose half the arrows I come with. Get jacked up a bit, but I can back into the corner set a fire in one of the walking paths and funnel everyone into a narrow gap. You'll get 3 wolves coming through at once, even if you miss the one you're aiming at, you'll hit something. If you're not prepared at all, you're definitely getting eaten. The radio hut is a noob trap. If it's your first time there and dealing with the TW, that's the day you're going to learn not all predators are created equal. They are relentless.  I really hope the cougar is as relentless as they are when it's introduced. 

I heard them at the cannery all night. Just howling away, I think they should give you insomnia cause that much noise all night should keep you up, plus fear is a very real emotion. Force you too break the pack. Fight or die, you're not sleeping till they are gone.

I think the cougar is going to cause a lot of damage, maybe up there with the bear but possibly act more like the wolves..   it'll be fun finding out though.

I never thought of tunnelling the twolves.  If I haven't got the ammo I just use flares/torches and try to get away.   

But yes those yappy howls at the cannery should give you insomnia.....and probably bring on some kind of temporary madness......they drive me nuts 😁

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I think the cougar is going to cause a lot of damage, maybe up there with the bear but possibly act more like the wolves..   it'll be fun finding out though.

I never thought of tunnelling the twolves.  If I haven't got the ammo I just use flares/torches and try to get away.   

But yes those yappy howls at the cannery should give you insomnia.....and probably bring on some kind of temporary madness......they drive me nuts 😁

Real life: I've encountered one black bear and one cougar. I'll happily face the bear again before I face another cougar. Granted, it was deep into winter and food was very limited, I went hog hunting, got one. And that's where the issues started.  I ended up being chased off by one. Whatever, have it, I'll go get another. Worse decision ever. The cougar decided I was really good at killing and easy to run off, so it stalked me for a few miles. It wasn't even subtle about it. Just followed me 50 to 60 yards back. I didn't have the ammo to fight back properly and I wasn't going to waste it with warning shots. I've never been more afraid of being in the woods. Ambush predators are terrifying. The black bear ran off with a warning shot. It didn't stop for miles. Decided it didn't know what the hell just happened, but it wanted no more

I hope the cougars basically kill your run. Massive amounts of damage, multiple places you're bleeding heavily. Since they go for the throats and spine, you're hats should be completely ruined, but humans can kill them bare handed, the fight ends with you or it dead. And even if you win, you're still so messed up it's basically a death sentence.

You can thank the Battle of Thermopylae for the tactic. But the second the fire gets blown out, you're really in for it and there's how you get surrounded and eaten.  It's not safe to really recommend trying to anyone. But it's my solution and if you choose to go use it, be warned it's very dangerous. You're going to bleed even if you win.

Real life: I've encountered one black bear and one cougar. I'll happily face the bear again before I face another cougar. Granted, it was deep into winter and food was very limited, I went hog hunting, got one. And that's where the issues started.  I ended up being chased off by one. Whatever, have it, I'll go get another. Worse decision ever. The cougar decided I was really good at killing and easy to run off, so it stalked me for a few miles. It wasn't even subtle about it. Just followed me 50 to 60 yards back. I didn't have the ammo to fight back properly and I wasn't going to waste it with warning shots. I've never been more afraid of being in the woods. Ambush predators are terrifying. The black bear ran off with a warning shot. It didn't stop for miles. Decided it didn't know what the hell just happened, but it wanted no more

I hope the cougars basically kill your run. Massive amounts of damage, multiple places you're bleeding heavily. Since they go for the throats and spine, you're hats should be completely ruined, but humans can kill them bare handed, the fight ends with you or it dead. And even if you win, you're still so messed up it's basically a death sentence.

You can thank the Battle of Thermopylae for the tactic. But the second the fire gets blown out, you're really in for it and there's how you get surrounded and eaten.  It's not safe to really recommend trying to anyone. But it's my solution and if you choose to go use it, be warned it's very dangerous. You're going to bleed even if you win.

That does sound terrifying...    Our biggest predator is the fox so I don't have to worry about things like that..   

I can see them being a big issue but I'm not sure everyone would be happy if it was more or less instant death either way...    It might not be so bad if they're optional in the settings but given that ptarmigans aren't in there ,I don't imagine cougars will be either...   

I'm just glad I play pilgrim😁

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That does sound terrifying...    Our biggest predator is the fox so I don't have to worry about things like that..   

I can see them being a big issue but I'm not sure everyone would be happy if it was more or less instant death either way...    It might not be so bad if they're optional in the settings but given that ptarmigans aren't in there ,I don't imagine cougars will be either...   

I'm just glad I play pilgrim😁

I'm sure no one wants the instant death, but I think they should be way more scary than the moose. 

That one experience really cemented my love and hate for the creature. So majestic, absolutely terrifying.

I'm sure no one wants the instant death, but I think they should be way more scary than the moose. 

That one experience really cemented my love and hate for the creature. So majestic, absolutely terrifying.

I don't mind the moose actually, just the broken ribs that'll stop me running everywhere.. it's the bear I have issues with, I hate that cutscene..    it kind of makes it worse in pilgrim because it doesn't just walk after you if you get seen.. it either runs away or if it's provoked it just runs straight at you.. silently.. it's frightening how quickly and silently it can move. 

They are beautiful creatures but definitely something to be wary of..  he might just have wanted that hog of yours for dinner..  

Aren't they just as dangerous?

50 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I don't mind the moose actually, just the broken ribs that'll stop me running everywhere.. it's the bear I have issues with, I hate that cutscene..    it kind of makes it worse in pilgrim because it doesn't just walk after you if you get seen.. it either runs away or if it's provoked it just runs straight at you.. silently.. it's frightening how quickly and silently it can move. 

They are beautiful creatures but definitely something to be wary of..  he might just have wanted that hog of yours for dinner..  

Aren't they just as dangerous?

It definitely wanted the hog. It was hoping I got another I believe. It did eventually turn around and I assume go back to eat.

Moose are definitely more aggressive and deadly to us humans in real life. And in the game the moose is a death sentence to me. All it takes is the stomp and if you're in a bad spot, it's over.  

I thought bears and wolves ran no matter what on pilgrim?  That's even worse than knowing they are coming. 

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

It definitely wanted the hog. It was hoping I got another I believe. It did eventually turn around and I assume go back to eat.

Moose are definitely more aggressive and deadly to us humans in real life. And in the game the moose is a death sentence to me. All it takes is the stomp and if you're in a bad spot, it's over.  

I thought bears and wolves ran no matter what on pilgrim?  That's even worse than knowing they are coming. 

I know moose are temperamental ,to say the least. My son loves them, and he wants me to get stomped on..  🙂.    

They can attack if provoked  but it's random...  I've only ever been attacked by wolves twice .except in an experimental run I did....the bear I'm a lot more careful about but they charge at least 70% of the time these days. It used to be a lot rarer..   

My first time on pilgrim ,I was practicing my archery and after about twenty minutes and about the same amount of arrows in him ,he finally turned . I wasnt aware they would attack in those days, so I nearly had a heart attack😁.    I just had time to fire at his face before he reached  me and he went down right in front of me...  Since then I haven't shot unless I'm positive I'm safe.

Or as there's so many flare shells after the update, I'll use one of them by creeping up behind and shooting.. it's a one shot kill every time doing that.   And I get the flare back (bugged) .

40 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know moose are temperamental ,to say the least. My son loves them, and he wants me to get stomped on..  🙂.    

They can attack if provoked  but it's random...  I've only ever been attacked by wolves twice .except in an experimental run I did....the bear I'm a lot more careful about but they charge at least 70% of the time these days. It used to be a lot rarer..   

My first time on pilgrim ,I was practicing my archery and after about twenty minutes and about the same amount of arrows in him ,he finally turned . I wasnt aware they would attack in those days, so I nearly had a heart attack😁.    I just had time to fire at his face before he reached  me and he went down right in front of me...  Since then I haven't shot unless I'm positive I'm safe.

Or as there's so many flare shells after the update, I'll use one of them by creeping up behind and shooting.. it's a one shot kill every time doing that.   And I get the flare back (bugged) .

Lol that's so savage. He definitely wants you to have to restart a run

I generally get someplace sorta safe with the bears, but dancing with them isn't half bad. They have a wide turn radius.

Lol that's so savage. He definitely wants you to have to restart a run

I generally get someplace sorta safe with the bears, but dancing with them isn't half bad. They have a wide turn radius.

It took me three years before I got stomped.  I ended the run not long after because I couldn't run .I'm incredibly impatient in this game😁.     

He doesn't play tld , not his thing . I don't mind if he sides with the moose, I just get revenge by killing them . He's not being malicious or anything.. it's just a bit of fun..🙂 

I've noticed the bears sem rather slow when circling ,odd considering how fast they can be..

but some of those bugs are so funny.  The bears are more prone to weird behaviour than anything else...  

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

It took me three years before I got stomped.  I ended the run not long after because I couldn't run .I'm incredibly impatient in this game😁.     

He doesn't play tld , not his thing . I don't mind if he sides with the moose, I just get revenge by killing them . He's not being malicious or anything.. it's just a bit of fun..🙂 

I've noticed the bears sem rather slow when circling ,odd considering how fast they can be..

but some of those bugs are so funny.  The bears are more prone to weird behaviour than anything else...  

I figured he liked the ends and beginnings of runs. A fresh start is always so interesting. Moose is one hell of a way to go.

I think my favorite bear bug is when they get trapped in an invisibles box for a moment reversing turns. It always figures out a way to go, but makes em easy to kill. I've found noise makers break the bears out of a wonky state as much as they put them into a wonky state. It's like they really get lost in the decision making process.

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I figured he liked the ends and beginnings of runs. A fresh start is always so interesting. Moose is one hell of a way to go.

I think my favorite bear bug is when they get trapped in an invisibles box for a moment reversing turns. It always figures out a way to go, but makes em easy to kill. I've found noise makers break the bears out of a wonky state as much as they put them into a wonky state. It's like they really get lost in the decision making process.

That's true.. I started so many new runs waiting for the first two updates that I had trouble settling into this new run... 🙂.    Gets a bit addictive . 

Like a moonwalking bear?  That ones funny😁.    I kind of liked the new one .shooting into space . So funny I laughed for ages the first time I saw it..    

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's true.. I started so many new runs waiting for the first two updates that I had trouble settling into this new run... 🙂.    Gets a bit addictive . 

Like a moonwalking bear?  That ones funny😁.    I kind of liked the new one .shooting into space . So funny I laughed for ages the first time I saw it..    

More like a fast twitching sprinkler. Just in one place, constantly switching the direction he's facing. 

New runs are always fun to start, but I try to spawn in ash canyon at the pillars foot rest so I can check the bunker and then have a pretty safe trip to the mine. I've walked off a cliff once in a blizzard and that was that. Voyager grace period ftw cause I'm chicken lol

7 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

More like a fast twitching sprinkler. Just in one place, constantly switching the direction he's facing. 

New runs are always fun to start, but I try to spawn in ash canyon at the pillars foot rest so I can check the bunker and then have a pretty safe trip to the mine. I've walked off a cliff once in a blizzard and that was that. Voyager grace period ftw cause I'm chicken lol

Oh that one..  yes it happens quite a bit😊. Definitely an advantage.    

I spawned in ash before signal void was added too.  This run I started in forsaken because I could avoid the glimmer fog and get the tales started..  but I did miss the luxury of getting the backpack and crampons early on .   

Nothing wrong with a grace period, it does give you a small bit of time to relax but one day isn't much of a headstart in this game .and if the weather's bad it doesn't help at all.

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Oh that one..  yes it happens quite a bit😊. Definitely an advantage.    

I spawned in ash before signal void was added too.  This run I started in forsaken because I could avoid the glimmer fog and get the tales started..  but I did miss the luxury of getting the backpack and crampons early on .   

Nothing wrong with a grace period, it does give you a small bit of time to relax but one day isn't much of a headstart in this game .and if the weather's bad it doesn't help at all.

I'll use starvation and random teas to make it through Miners Folly before the grace period ends. If I find a tin of coffee, I'll brew it entirely for the run there. Unless I'm lucky/unlucky like this run and I have a fully stocked bunker. Had a bow and 5 or 6 arrows and no wolves or bears to kill for hide. Lol kinda cheesy but since I'm still learning the game, I'm kinda in a spawn same region every time until I can spawn and know where I am phase. I think after I'm more comfortable with AC I'm going to start spawning in HRV or BR and force myself to learn a new spawn and make the long journey like a normal player lol.

I've only been in FA for a few days, never experienced the fog, just blizzards and more blizzards. Makes PV easy mode.