What story you think went on in specific locations

desertedone

11 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I'll use starvation and random teas to make it through Miners Folly before the grace period ends. If I find a tin of coffee, I'll brew it entirely for the run there. Unless I'm lucky/unlucky like this run and I have a fully stocked bunker. Had a bow and 5 or 6 arrows and no wolves or bears to kill for hide. Lol kinda cheesy but since I'm still learning the game, I'm kinda in a spawn same region every time until I can spawn and know where I am phase. I think after I'm more comfortable with AC I'm going to start spawning in HRV or BR and force myself to learn a new spawn and make the long journey like a normal player lol.

I've only been in FA for a few days, never experienced the fog, just blizzards and more blizzards. Makes PV easy mode.

Ash is a bit of a maze in places... But at least the upper levels are predator free,aside from the bear.. 

They have changed the spawn starting spots so we're all getting used to those😊.  

Lol..  yes I thought pv was bad until I got to Forsaken and transfer pass...  Pvs become a summer resort in comparison.

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Ash is a bit of a maze in places... But at least the upper levels are predator free,aside from the bear.. 

They have changed the spawn starting spots so we're all getting used to those😊.  

Lol..  yes I thought pv was bad until I got to Forsaken and transfer pass...  Pvs become a summer resort in comparison.

I think Ash is the biggest maze. My first two trips to the mine resulted in my death trying to find the way out of the region. That made me want to learn it.  The Folly bear is my favorite in game. He's so lazy. If he's tired, anywhere will do to sleep. Middle of stalking you, got tired, sleeps right there. 3 bars of scent, can't be bothered to investigate. No smell at all, and he's fully rested, just wanders behind growing.  Shoot him once and he runs till he's dead.  Hit him with a noise maker and he just gets confused for a half hour. 

They could have left spawns the same for me lol I don't know any except Pillars Footrest. 

I love PV. The farm is a noobs paradise. All the pelts and food you need. Kill a bear and shred it out, get level 5 cooking in no time. Don't want to hunt yourself, use the wolves. Trying to get the snare badge, load up the grove by the barn and road with snares and you'll get one or two every day. Access to 4 other regions within a 10 min walk. 2 bunkers on opposite sides of the region for safely, you're super set if the prepper is stocked mixed with the SV bunker.  All the food at the crash is a perfect safety net. You could stay in PV indefinitely if there was a forge. I almost wonder how long one could survive there once set up with a full kit. Makes me want to try a challenge: 10 days from spawn to get to a forge and to get back to PV. Never leave after that. See how long one can feasibly stay in one region. If you're unable to get to the forge and back within the 10 days, restart.

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think Ash is the biggest maze. My first two trips to the mine resulted in my death trying to find the way out of the region. That made me want to learn it.  The Folly bear is my favorite in game. He's so lazy. If he's tired, anywhere will do to sleep. Middle of stalking you, got tired, sleeps right there. 3 bars of scent, can't be bothered to investigate. No smell at all, and he's fully rested, just wanders behind growing.  Shoot him once and he runs till he's dead.  Hit him with a noise maker and he just gets confused for a half hour. 

They could have left spawns the same for me lol I don't know any except Pillars Footrest. 

I love PV. The farm is a noobs paradise. All the pelts and food you need. Kill a bear and shred it out, get level 5 cooking in no time. Don't want to hunt yourself, use the wolves. Trying to get the snare badge, load up the grove by the barn and road with snares and you'll get one or two every day. Access to 4 other regions within a 10 min walk. 2 bunkers on opposite sides of the region for safely, you're super set if the prepper is stocked mixed with the SV bunker.  All the food at the crash is a perfect safety net. You could stay in PV indefinitely if there was a forge. I almost wonder how long one could survive there once set up with a full kit. Makes me want to try a challenge: 10 days from spawn to get to a forge and to get back to PV. Never leave after that. See how long one can feasibly stay in one region. If you're unable to get to the forge and back within the 10 days, restart.

That's one place I'm not too familiar with😊.  

Talking about the pv bear,,just shot it through the window, glitched  halfway through the glass and nearly gave me a heart attack!!   Half a paw swipe away....   That's one of the rare times I've used the rifle on this run and it's the last...lol...  Flare gun it is.. 

It sounds like an interesting challenge actually..    easily doable on pilgrim but not on the other levels.. 

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's one place I'm not too familiar with😊.  

Talking about the pv bear,,just shot it through the window, glitched  halfway through the glass and nearly gave me a heart attack!!   Half a paw swipe away....   That's one of the rare times I've used the rifle on this run and it's the last...lol...  Flare gun it is.. 

It sounds like an interesting challenge actually..    easily doable on pilgrim but not on the other levels.. 

I keep going back. I'm kinda addicted to the maze. The further I go into the off beaten paths, the more I fall in love with the region. The burnt forest is so different compared to the rest of the island. So much has happened there. Like what caused the fire that destroyed such a beautiful place. I always wonder what it would look like before the fire?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I keep going back. I'm kinda addicted to the maze. The further I go into the off beaten paths, the more I fall in love with the region. The burnt forest is so different compared to the rest of the island. So much has happened there. Like what caused the fire that destroyed such a beautiful place. I always wonder what it would look like before the fire?

It is a beautiful place.. I just presumed it was the earthquakes that caused all the damage.. 

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It is a beautiful place.. I just presumed it was the earthquakes that caused all the damage.. 

I think it would be awesome if they added another section to the Ash Canyon region though the Narrow Falls cave. Have it link to an underground mine but it's like Centralia Pennsylvania. The seams are smoldering. Very little breathable air. Thousands of pieces of cole to loot if you're brave. It would give a reason for the burnt forest. Also a note added to Miners Folly talking about what happened would be cool to. If that exist already, I need to look closer at things lol 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think it would be awesome if they added another section to the Ash Canyon region though the Narrow Falls cave. Have it link to an underground mine but it's like Centralia Pennsylvania. The seams are smoldering. Very little breathable air. Thousands of pieces of cole to loot if you're brave. It would give a reason for the burnt forest. Also a note added to Miners Folly talking about what happened would be cool to. If that exist already, I need to look closer at things lol 

We might get a mine like that in the next update😁.   But a nice big mine ,leading to the existing  one would be cool.   

I don't think there's any notes about it but I can't really see them well enough.. no idea what the buffers say either😁

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

We might get a mine like that in the next update😁.   But a nice big mine ,leading to the existing  one would be cool.   

I don't think there's any notes about it but I can't really see them well enough.. no idea what the buffers say either😁

I need to just look up all notes and read them out of game. There's got to be so much story I'm missing and may never find.  

I really hope one of the new regions is just as big as FA or PV.  The smaller areas don't call my name. ML and Milton just don't make me want to explore. I'll use the regions, but I'm too used to PV where it takes half the day just to leave depending on what you run into.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I need to just look up all notes and read them out of game. There's got to be so much story I'm missing and may never find.  

I really hope one of the new regions is just as big as FA or PV.  The smaller areas don't call my name. ML and Milton just don't make me want to explore. I'll use the regions, but I'm too used to PV where it takes half the day just to leave depending on what you run into.

I know they're on fandom, someone sent me a link a while ago .I just didn't get time to read them.   

I don't mind mystery lake, it's rather cosy and has pretty much everything except beachcombing. But Milton is just too messy for me . Plus the loading times going in and out the houses takes ages😁    

I agree about wanting another big map but I'd prefer it between pv and forsaken size..  as you said it takes ages to get anywhere😁 

My apologies to the OP for hogging your thread.. 

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I know they're on fandom, someone sent me a link a while ago .I just didn't get time to read them.   

I don't mind mystery lake, it's rather cosy and has pretty much everything except beachcombing. But Milton is just too messy for me . Plus the loading times going in and out the houses takes ages😁    

I agree about wanting another big map but I'd prefer it between pv and forsaken size..  as you said it takes ages to get anywhere😁 

My apologies to the OP for hogging your thread.. 

I'm sorry as well!!! I'll just start up a new thread and call it survival talk

• Upvote 1