Changes to Bearskin Items

Lumi

Super quick just tell me if I'm crazy.

Recently just happened to notice this.

-Bearskin coat, warmest clothing item in game: 1 bear hides + 4 guts

-Bearskin bedroll,  mid-blizzard naptime apparatus: 2 bear hides + 6 guts + 5 cloth

I SWEAR I remember the bearskin coat being 2 hides and the bedroll being cheaper... somehow. I've made the bedroll previously. Just want to check if they changed the crafting requirements?

No comments on balance or immersion, just don't remember it being this way and want to see if I'm nuts to think so or not.

Same here in my Interloper run recently.  I killed one bear and wandered around looking for another to make the bear coat.  I finally got the second bear hide, waited for it to cure, then was surprised that only one is required when I went to make the bear coat.

In the archive of the "old" wiki... the values are the same as they are showing now.
I don't remember, myself.  I almost never seek to craft those items (too heavy for my liking)... so I'd never had cause to want to commit the resource requirements to memory.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
...but now that I think about it... 
I did do an extreme variation of Wrapped in Furs for one of my previous personal challenges.
I'll look it up in my chronicle.

Edited by ManicManiac

Well I found what reference I'd written down:  

On 10/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, ManicManiac said:

All I need now are the other three bear pelts to make the Bearskin Bedroll and Bearskin Coat, but I wasn't in any rush...

I don't explicitly call out which item required two pelts... but I'm fairly sure (and given the archive of the old version of the wiki),
2 pelts for the bedroll and 1 pelt for the coat seems right.  At least as far as I can recall, anyway.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Yes, fair enough.  @Semple Fi @SpanishMoss @Lumi @MrWolf seem correct in their observations.
I was bothered about how unsure I was regarding those crafting recipes... 

I did use YouTube to check on them from at least a couple of years ago.  Sure enough, it looks like the recipes have indeed changed.  I was mistaken.

image.thumb.png.741ba81864925ac95e1e9b0f28707b17.pngimage.thumb.png.10b1bf8b1ec47266b9dd26f64c020818.png
It does indeed appear as though the crafting recipes have been nerfed a little bit.  :D 

[stills grabbed from the first video I found that featured those items in the title :D ]

[Content Creator Credit: MyUsualMe - Daily Games - YouTube ]

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

Alright, so I'm not crazy. I would assume this leaves us with TWO "immortal" coats now, Bear coat + Moosehide cloak, as in you can simply rip them apart for one pelt and remake them instead of spending pelts continuously over time. I'll have to check. 

Thanks for help with the investigation everyone.