Roadmap is missing the roadmap

What is actually included in this first installment of TFTFT?  I cannot find a roadmap on the roadmap page.  No where does it say which new features are included with this installment or how the new features are going to be spread over the other 5 installments.  Is the only new feature with this first installment the does and the new region?  I can't find acorns or cougars or ptarmigan.  I see no way to do any enhanced cooking...  Does anyone have an idea what we actually paid for?  

Edited by fearofspam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fearofspam said:

What is actually included in this first installment of TFTFT?  I cannot find a roadmap on the roadmap page.  No where does it say which new features are included with this installment or how the new features are going to be spread over the other 5 installments.  Is the only new feature with this first installment the does and the new region?  I can't find acorns or cougars or ptarmigan.  I see no way to do any enhanced cooking...  Does anyone have an idea what we actually paid for?  

We paid for a Year's worth of Updates.

What we got in the first drop was:

New Travel Region
New Hub Region (Transfer Pass)
Forsaken Airfield Region
10 minutes of Survival Music
Glimmer Fog
Insomnia (Affliction)
Doe
5 Variants (3 Rifles, 1 Lantern, 1 Bow)
Complete Loot Refresh.
Player Spawn Refresh

It was all listed, though not in the clearest way, in the Release Video.

• Upvote 2

IMO the expansion page should simply have a "complete" marker or a checkmark on what features are actually in TFTFT as of now, because I agree it is extremely confusing.

image.thumb.png.469e044c0a387c019a0b04bd613f5ad9.png

Improvised Crampons and Doe are both in, but none of the other features in this screenshot are, and there is no distinguishment whatsoever. It's a really serious communication oversight and I hope it's resolved around the time of the next content patch for TFTFT.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 4

I'm really more suprised every day seeing how people playing this game are unable to cope with frustration and joy of self-discovery (that are core values in game...) 🤔

We paid for a year of updates. They will come when they will come.
In the meantime, play, discover, just like before.

And enjoy it.

Would it really be more enjoyable to you if HL told "we added a cougar in Forlorn muskeg, next to the exit to Mountain town" ?

Edited by JoeBar
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 5:59 AM, JoeBar said:

I'm really more suprised every day seeing how people playing this game are unable to cope with frustration and joy of self-discovery (that are core values in game...) 🤔

We paid for a year of updates. They will come when they will come.
In the meantime, play, discover, just like before.

And enjoy it.

Would it really be more enjoyable to you if HL told "we added a cougar in Forlorn muskeg, next to the exit to Mountain town" ?

It’s almost 2023 Sir, self discovery is a thing of the past for boomers and such.  
Now give me my McDonald’s menu and order for me!

🤣🙂😉🙃

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

No matter what we're told beforehand this game still frustrates me and after three years I'm still discovering something new on a regular basis.. that's all part of the fun.🙂 

Can I have fries and a shake?😁

Would you like to extra biggie size that? 😂

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Using the missing bunkers as an example - so you're okay with players spending days (if not weeks), pulling their hair out looking for a bunker that doesn't exist?

Yes.
The premise was that world has changed. I'm even a bit annoyed when I still found things where they used to be. This has even a name : replayability.

For example, I'm not a fan of "guaranteed matches spawn" in Interloper.
I would prefer that there would be matches (guaranteed) in a defined perimeter around your spawn.

Edited by JoeBar
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeBar said:

Yes.
The premise was that world has changed. I'm even a bit annoyed when I still found things where they used to be. This has even a name : replayability.

For example, I'm not a fan of "guaranteed matches spawn" in Interloper.
I would prefer that there would be matches (guaranteed) in a defined perimeter around your spawn.

Okay, I'm with ya, but if you are going to change a game mechanic which has been in the game for years, they need to inform the players some way.  Can you imagine the support tickets they would get if they just randomly removed things from the game?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Okay, I'm with ya, but if you are going to change a game mechanic which has been in the game for years, they need to inform the players some way.  Can you imagine the support tickets they would get if they just randomly removed things from the game?

Let's get serious for a minute...

- if tomorrow, you find a cougar, would you file a support ticket about it ? No, you'll post a screenshot here.

- if after 2 weeks of research, you don't find a cougar, would you file a support ticket ? No, because you can't say "I searched absolutely everywhere, and I'm 100% sure the cougar is missing"

- if you find a traditional "guaranteed spawn" is missing, would you file a support ticket ? If yes, you should learn to read, because it was announced from the beginning that there would be a refresh of the loot tables (oh, and they also announced big changes to gae mechanics).

- if tomorrow, you find a flying pink cougar making boat noises and fireworks (like, a 75 years old cougar from Las Vegas), would you file a support ticket ? 🤔

You seem to want Hinterland to release an update of a discovery game, and at the same time document all that's new. Why not asking directly for the complete full-spoiler map ? Or maybe an in-game 30-seconds video showing the cougar when he's around ? Or... oh, wait : a big red arrow above the cougar, with a tutorial "how to kill the cougar" ? And small notes like "there used to be matches here, but they are gone ; you should check in moutaineer's hut instead" ?

Adding a cougar is not a change to the "game mechanics", neither is refreshing the loot tables. Knowing the loot tables by heart is not a part of game mechanics, it's a hack. The whole purpose of the game is that you don't know where to find what. If you already know where everything is from day 1, where's the plaesure of playing ? Where is the immersion ?

7 hours ago, JoeBar said:

Let's get serious for a minute...

- if tomorrow, you find a cougar, would you file a support ticket about it ? No, you'll post a screenshot here.

- if after 2 weeks of research, you don't find a cougar, would you file a support ticket ? No, because you can't say "I searched absolutely everywhere, and I'm 100% sure the cougar is missing"

- if you find a traditional "guaranteed spawn" is missing, would you file a support ticket ? If yes, you should learn to read, because it was announced from the beginning that there would be a refresh of the loot tables (oh, and they also announced big changes to gae mechanics).

- if tomorrow, you find a flying pink cougar making boat noises and fireworks (like, a 75 years old cougar from Las Vegas), would you file a support ticket ? 🤔

You seem to want Hinterland to release an update of a discovery game, and at the same time document all that's new. Why not asking directly for the complete full-spoiler map ? Or maybe an in-game 30-seconds video showing the cougar when he's around ? Or... oh, wait : a big red arrow above the cougar, with a tutorial "how to kill the cougar" ? And small notes like "there used to be matches here, but they are gone ; you should check in moutaineer's hut instead" ?

Adding a cougar is not a change to the "game mechanics", neither is refreshing the loot tables. Knowing the loot tables by heart is not a part of game mechanics, it's a hack. The whole purpose of the game is that you don't know where to find what. If you already know where everything is from day 1, where's the plaesure of playing ? Where is the immersion ?

Not sure how that wasn't a serious, very real situation.

You didn't address my question.  You keep using the word Discovery.  Like I said, I'm with you on that.  If you don't want to know what they're releasing, don't read it!  For the majority of players (according to feedback), they do.

Now on to my question about the bunkers.

but if you are going to change a game mechanic which has been in the game for years, they need to inform the players some way.  Can you imagine the support tickets they would get if they just randomly removed things from the game?

Edited by hozz1235