Burdock Root

I'm hoping that it will have multiple uses, and I don't just mean "it can cure numerous ailments" 

Like maybe it can be used as medicine and be apart of the "more complex cooking recipes"

Edit: I actually think Reishi and Rose can also have recipes related to them. 

Edited by APixelatedLemon
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

The dysentery that virtually nobody ever gets?

Yep!😁. Maybe I'll try and get a bout or two..if it's actually possible any more..  

Ok how about burns? Lots of people have walked into fires by accident.. and on purpose.😂

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Yep!😁. Maybe I'll try and get a bout or two..if it's actually possible any more..  

Ok how about burns? Lots of people have walked into fires by accident.. and on purpose.😂

There you go, that's one way you haven't killed her yet! OK, as I need to start again... let's see if I can die from dysentery 😁

Oh yes... fires and bloody cables...

That is a possibility, although burns are fairly rare, and bandages work on them.

More likely some new nasty condition they've come up with 😳 Or as part of complex cooking as already mentioned.

44 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

There you go, that's one way you haven't killed her yet! OK, as I need to start again... let's see if I can die from dysentery 😁

Oh yes... fires and bloody cables...

That is a possibility, although burns are fairly rare, and bandages work on them.

More likely some new nasty condition they've come up with 😳 Or as part of complex cooking as already mentioned.

Well I've done the fire death ,a few times... Never managed dysentry though.. 

Lopers do  run out of cloth so it could be an alternative to bandages.

@hozz1235. My apologies..went too far so I removed it. I'd appreciate it if you did the same.

Edited by Leeanda

@hozz1235

And also from that same webpage:

The burdock plant resembles belladonna nightshade plants, which are highly toxic. They often grow together.

So, potentially, gathering burdock could be a gamble. No one wants to accidentally make a tea from poisonous nightshade plants… unless you are dipping an arrow into it to hunt an animal that is hunting you.

Mountain Lions maybe :)?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

The burdock plant resembles belladonna nightshade plants, which are highly toxic. They often grow together.

So, potentially, gathering burdock could be a gamble. No one wants to accidentally make a tea from poisonous nightshade plants…

Would be cool if we had that diversity of harvestable plants some day in TLD.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:24 AM, conanjaguar said:

I think I recall reading somewhere that ground burdock root could serve as a form of flour… I could be wrong, though.

Yes. Same with cattails. Cattails are sometimes referred to by rural / native folks as nature's grocery store.

Burdock: when harvesting you risk getting the burrs stuck to your clothes, causing degradation.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 9:45 AM, hozz1235 said:

https://www.healthline.com/health/burdock-root

"...diuretic and digestive aid."  We have cures for all known existing ailments in the game.  Perhaps for recipes gone bad? ;)

What/How do you guys think HL will implement this plant? 

Diuretic and digestive aid sounds like a treatment for constipation.  Too many Zap bars.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Hello everyone. My head is spinning with assumptions. Wikipedia tells us such interesting things.

249779408_Arctium-Wikipedia-GoogleChrome09_11.202211_05_21.thumb.png.617b980d2161a6c4c076dc9798cc46fb.png

The main thing of course is curiosity about what will treat. but there is information that burdock root will be used as a tea and an ingredient for soup. (sorry I can't verify the authenticity)

1538229491_Sinttulo.png.3780bf052524308d572a7f2fcc042954.png.5b11397dfa6b027d944c8dff9680173c.png

But if it's true. I think we are waiting for not only the use of burdock root as an ingredient. But other plant products will also become ingredients,.

In general, we are waiting and rejoicing.

• Upvote 2

I had a similar thought, for the acorns or burdock. All the other non-craftables with health effects have craftable equivalents: herbal tea->birch bark, painkillers->rosehip, antibitics->resishi, but there is no craftable equivalent for coffee or GO! juice. It's something I think would therefore fit in nicely :coffee:

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, k0s0ff said:

I have an option as developers can suggest us to use burdock. It will be a coffee substitute, that is, a natural energy drink. How do you like this idea?

Nothing will ever replace my beloved coffee :coffee:🧡 😊

But as a kind of energy drink? Nothing wrong with your suggestion at all, but we already have coffee and the Go! Energy Drink so its more likely to be used for something else, I think.

Although @xanna has a point, there is no craftable "energy" option, so I could very well be wrong!

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xanna said:

I had a similar thought, for the acorns or burdock. All the other non-craftables with health effects have craftable equivalents: herbal tea->birch bark, painkillers->rosehip, antibitics->resishi, but there is no craftable equivalent for coffee or GO! juice. It's something I think would therefore fit in nicely :coffee:

I thought the same thing.

43 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Nothing will ever replace my beloved coffee :coffee:🧡 😊

You won't believe it. I think the same way. Despite the fact that I suggested this option, I will not be very happy that it seems right. I will hope for the second option, that burdock will become the second ordinary edible plant, and as it turned out - an addition to the recipe.

• Upvote 1

insomnia is listed as paid-stream only but burdock is in the free update.

fun idea:

All of the Far Range gives you insomnia just for being there. Burdock can be used for soups and caloric benefit, but also helps with insomnia. This would encourage going around the map digging up burdock before heading out to the Far Range.

• Upvote 1